Things Disney Offers But Doesn't Advertise *Summary Added Oct 08*

Thank you thank you to everyone on this! I'm still too new to send a PM, but would it be possible for someone to send me the 'master list' - I think the things I've learned on these boards are going to 'make' our first trip to DW! :goodvibes

Thank you thank you to everyone on this! I'm still too new to send a PM, but would it be possible for someone to send me the 'master list' - I think the things I've learned on these boards are going to 'make' our first trip to DW! :goodvibes

I believe the "master list" is actually for the WDW Secrets threads listed above. There is a compilation of sorts of this thread at the link above by Kurby.

You shouldn't need too many more posts before you can PM. Just bump around a bit and send some replies, and you should be all set. (You can always hit the first forum where everybody introduces themselves and leave a few "Welcome notes." Have fun planning your trip!! This is a great place to do it! :cutie:

Thanks to both of you for the info (and advice) - I am definitely finding this site wonderful (I admit that I 'lurked' for a while before signing up - and I'm not usually very shy so I should have had more posts by now:laughing:

Thanks much for the link!

You can google the monorail incident that happened fourth of July, but since that time we do not allow guests of any age up front in the monorail to ride. Those of us that work there can not ride up there unless we are chosen to drive at the time or are doing drive training.

So sad about no front of the monorail (although understandable) but most disappointed that there are no longer divers at coral reef :confused3 My gang LOVED that in 2008

I know there was a time when characters just roamed the park freely and were not mobbed. I know there are still some that do but it's not that often. Anyone have an old picture of an impromptu meeting?

this is my favorite...Taken at Disneyland in 1991 (ish).

elenimickeyminnie.jpg

No waiting in lines, Mickey just walked up to her and took her by the hand to the bench. He lifted her up and set her on the bench and Minnie came over and sat there too. Priceless......

Not sure if this has been added:

At the Tangled Meet n Greet in Disneyland, have your kids ask Flynn Rider (Eugene) was secret he has in his bag.

He will open it and show you Rapunzel's crown which he is "holding on to for her".

A cast member came up and specifically told my son to ask him about it. No one else in line was told that as far as I know. We were about the 4th family in line in the morning.

Two more things....

We were offered a front ride in the monorail for our family of four. This was with a stroller too.

Also, for the last few weekend in Feb. if you go to ElecTRONica and go to Flynn's arcade, they are giving away silver Flynn's tokens at the front entrance with a free End of Line Club drink coupon. You just need to check in with your iPhone with a free GoWalla app. They will show you how to do it, just ask a Cast Member there.

The coins are enclosed and numbered up to 2500. I got number 242.

OK one more.

Boys can get makeovers at the Bippity Boppity Boutique as well, and it's really cheap. They get their hair styled like a prince, colored any color, and have magical sparkles and Mickey's put in their hair.

They also receive a large foam shield with a picture of the Maleficent dragon on it, and their choice of a foam sword or a shiny metal-looking sword (most kids pick the metal-looking one).

The boy is then knighted with the sword and receives a certificate. He's also taught how to walk with the sword and shield with a princess if he has a sister.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter