There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Beach Club candle arrived that I ordered off of Etsy. While the candle does smell exactly like the Beach Club:thumbsup2, it is not very strong when burning. I also purchased tarts that smell like The Main Street Bakery and those smell great and are much stronger. My husband thinks I'm crazy, every time I walk by the candle I sniff it and smile.

I am impatiently wait for my husband to give me the code word "woot, woot", when I hear that it means I can book our 2015 10 year anniversary trip!!!!!

I don't know how to multi quote so I'll just say thanks for all the warm wishes about my son and his broken arm. It's still in a splint because it was too swollen to cast. We'll find out next Wednesday what the cast will look like. Unfortunately this is not a new experience for us- he has brittle bone disease so this is his 32nd broken bone. We were really hoping he'd be ok for this trip since we have so much planned.

We talked today and I explained this is about family and memories, not just the rides and swimming. He is 14 and he understood. And because he knows the way to my heart he asked if we could do a bounce back for when his arm is healed :rotfl2:

Thanks again!
17 days!!!

Blessings to you and your son. He sounds like a great young man.

My greatest memories at WDW aren't the rides or waterparks. It's the small things that maybe others would never notice. A small look on the face of one of my children, sitting on the ledge of the pool at SAB with my wife and just talking or seeing the reaction of a small child when they see a character. That is what makes WDW so special. That and the wonderful people who help create the memories for us.

I bet your family has your best trip ever in 17 days! Sometimes being forced to slow down and take it a bit slow is a blessing.

Jay

Just wondering if there is any where either at BC or Epcot where I can buy a bottle of Vodka and the approx cost. My FIL was asking for when we are there in a few weeks. Thank you.

The best deal for vodka that I have found is in the Norway pavilion. It was around $22 for 750ml. I had to pick it up at the gift shop outside of Epcot, at the front of the park. I'm not sure if there is a comparable pickup area at the International Gateway.

Good morning! Only 43 days until our first stay at the beach club. Is the beach club doing the new check-in? Haven't heard anyone talking about this Thanks for any replies. This thread has been so very helpful in planning our stay. Teena your granddaughter is beautiful!

I don't know how to multi quote so I'll just say thanks for all the warm wishes about my son and his broken arm. It's still in a splint because it was too swollen to cast. We'll find out next Wednesday what the cast will look like. Unfortunately this is not a new experience for us- he has brittle bone disease so this is his 32nd broken bone. We were really hoping he'd be ok for this trip since we have so much planned.

We talked today and I explained this is about family and memories, not just the rides and swimming. He is 14 and he understood. And because he knows the way to my heart he asked if we could do a bounce back for when his arm is healed :rotfl2:

Thanks again!
17 days!!!

I too wish you all the best of trips. I was wracking my brain trying to think of something that he could do that would be fun despite his cast and I thought of the mini golf course that is right across the street from the Swan and Dolphin resort. You could walk there it is so close!

To make things even despite his cast everybody would have to golf with their non dominant hand and do it one handed just like him. Eventually, golfing with this technique would result in everything looking like you are at a hockey game with all the cheating un-golf-ly like attempts at getting the ball in the hole... This is basically what happens when my family goes mini golfing and we play by the non dominant hand rules.

You might want to have little prizes like candy bars for the best scores, worst scores and best Dramatic performance and then watch all the cheating and desperate measures that take place just to win a pack of M&M's! There is always one person in the group who seems to be good at mini golf no matter what kind of limitations you put on them so be sure to engage in outrageous distractions to bring their game down.

Anyway that is just a suggestion and a scary window into how Ninja Mom's family goes Mini Golfing.

Good luck and I just know your family is going to have a great trip!

~NM

Good morning! Only 43 days until our first stay at the beach club. Is the beach club doing the new check-in? Haven't heard anyone talking about this Thanks for any replies. This thread has been so very helpful in planning our stay. Teena your granddaughter is beautiful!

Thank you! Lily is so in love with all things Disney. Wonder how that happened? As of Monday, we were not doing the new check-in.

When they do a refurb on the interior of a hotel, how long does it usually take? 6 months, 1 year?

I know there is know set time frame, haven't seen anything posted and I'm just a little curious.

We go to Disney every year and just trying to plan for next year!!

Hello all!! We just booked our trip for my DH's 50th Birthday next year (Oct 2015). We booked a garden view room at BC. It's never too early to start planning right? :)

This year and last year, we stayed at BWI and absolutely loved it! We decided to change things up for next year and hope for good weather to give SAB a try. I'm excited because besides being there for DH's birthday, it will also be during MNSSHP and F&W.

While I have lots of time to plan and get through almost 200 pages of reading, I was wondering if anyone had any advice, tips, etc about BC??

Thanks so much!!

As far as I'm concerned all those trays left in the hallways at EVERY Disney Deluxe Resort means more snack opportunities for yours truly. ... Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy!

Bahahaha! Actually, it is a plague at EVERY Disney resort I've stayed at. It's not just a BC/YC thing. We've always had the most pleasant of Mousekeeping experiences. On our 1st night at BWI (CL) 2 years ago, we came home to no turndown service....and I love my turndown service. I called (at about 11:30 P.M.) just to politely request that it be done for the remainder of our stay, and they sent someone up in less than 5 min. I tried to argue, as it was so late, but they insisted! At POR last April, our Mousekeeper did the most amazing towel animal thing I've ever seen! It's hard to describe, but she took the Donald Duck I always bring with me, and made him a waterside and pool! I'll see if I can dig up the pic. And at our most recent trip to YC, Mousekeeping was especially magical!

Just wondering if there is any where either at BC or Epcot where I can buy a bottle of Vodka and the approx cost. My FIL was asking for when we are there in a few weeks. Thank you.

Ahh, someone after my own heart!
Biggest problem I have with the Sunken Treasure....no vodka!

Thanks again!
17 days!!!

It sounds like you are a very supportive family, which always helps things mend more quickly.

Your son could have a project to get as many character and CM autographs on his cast, as possible. It would be a very unique keepsake and reminder of what a great time he had, despite wearing the cast.

The best deal for vodka that I have found is in the Norway pavilion. It was around $22 for 750ml. I had to pick it up at the gift shop outside of Epcot, at the front of the park. I'm not sure if there is a comparable pickup area at the International Gateway.

When I was at the Norway shop last month, the guest in front of me bought about ten bottles of Vikingfjord Vodka, which the clerk meticulously individually-boxed.

We have decided to switch from CSR to Beach Club for our upcoming stay November 18th to November 23rd! Could you please add us to your list?

I am hoping for a few sunny/warm days to enjoy the pool at Beach Club! My daughter turns 7 while we are in WDW, and she LOVES to swim...

We had a free dining plan at CSR, but we decided to spend some time at SeaWorld and only one day at MK (gasp!) plus maybe one night at a MVMCP (... depends if they have some special Frozen events or not), so the free dining requiring two park tickets no longer worked for us... It gave me a reason to try something new!!! We have never stayed at an Epcot resort (we are displaced Poly folks). I am so excited for a change!

As far as I'm concerned all those trays left in the hallways at EVERY Disney Deluxe Resort means more snack opportunities for yours truly. ... Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy!

Another upside to poor housekeeping... I was going to save this story for my trip report, but since this happened on the last day of my 14 night trip and it is going to take me about 5 years to get there and nobody will remember (or still be reading) at that point anyway, I'll share it now.

We had a one night stay at the H****n Waikoloa. When I was washing my hands at the sink outside of the bathroom, I could feel something between my toes. I looked down and it was a diamond earing stud.

Clearly, the room had not been adequately vacuumed between guests.

A profitable upside, but of course I turned it into the front desk with a note saying which room I was in and when I found it. I hope it gets returned to its rightful owner!

:goodvibes

We have 26 days to go until our YC stay! WOOT WOOT.

We'd like a room with a daybed, so I've been advised to "call" a few days before checkin to put the request in (since it's not an available option online). Who am I calling, specifically? What's the number?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the refurb will involve putting daybeds in every room, specifically at BC CL? Though we made it work with a cot, it became clustered in our room since we had to move everything around:

26f35106242654f439ee7346c547496a_zps922fad69.jpg

1d05f04b8778bc17b37369ce73b0d606_zps19fa8df4.jpg

3c0be6da9ea77d58bc9aec4b8d56db95_zps015819a0.jpg

e890993ee5e20113159142a5aad6a012_zps07eb12d8.jpg

Does anyone know if the refurb will involve putting daybeds in every room, specifically at BC CL? Though we made it work with a cot, it became clustered in our room since we had to move everything around:

26f35106242654f439ee7346c547496a_zps922fad69.jpg

3c0be6da9ea77d58bc9aec4b8d56db95_zps015819a0.jpg

1d05f04b8778bc17b37369ce73b0d606_zps19fa8df4.jpg

e890993ee5e20113159142a5aad6a012_zps07eb12d8.jpg

That stinks! Too bad they couldn't take away the desk and the chair during your stay since you clearly cannot use them anyway:(

The new furniture in the BC lobby is there along with the new rug. Looks great IMO!

I do not think ... my personal opinion ... that daybeds will be placed in every room. The room layouts are so different that they will not fit in every room.

I too wish you all the best of trips. I was wracking my brain trying to think of something that he could do that would be fun despite his cast and I thought of the mini golf course that is right across the street from the Swan and Dolphin resort. You could walk there it is so close!

To make things even despite his cast everybody would have to golf with their non dominant hand and do it one handed just like him. Eventually, golfing with this technique would result in everything looking like you are at a hockey game with all the cheating un-golf-ly like attempts at getting the ball in the hole... This is basically what happens when my family goes mini golfing and we play by the non dominant hand rules.

You might want to have little prizes like candy bars for the best scores, worst scores and best Dramatic performance and then watch all the cheating and desperate measures that take place just to win a pack of M&M's! There is always one person in the group who seems to be good at mini golf no matter what kind of limitations you put on them so be sure to engage in outrageous distractions to bring their game down.

Anyway that is just a suggestion and a scary window into how Ninja Mom's family goes Mini Golfing.

Good luck and I just know your family is going to have a great trip!

~NM

:rotfl2::rotfl2:This is a totally brilliant idea (even for those of us without injured members in the family) and I'm going to insist on playing mini-golf this way in future :rotfl:

Ninjamom you really are a gem :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter