There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys! i'm researching where my bf and i can possibly stay this year… i think bc is one of the choices coz it's showing up i can get a package for around $200 less than AKL or POLY… but i'm torn! i know someone who mentioned to me that BC was not their favorite. but anyway i'm willing to look into it coz of the price difference and coz i really wanna try other resorts. also, it's a walk to EPCOT! we can only stay for 5 days so that would be amazing. so, one question, i've been trying to find an answer… but in the long slide… what is the depth of the end of the slide pool??? haha :D thanks!

Robyn - yes 17 days for me too! Really looking forward to it.

Teena - Maryland tomatoes coming your way too. I am growing some delicious yellow cherry tomatoes hoping to have some to share!

BC here I come very soon.

Rebecca

hi guys! i'm researching where my bf and i can possibly stay this year… i think bc is one of the choices coz it's showing up i can get a package for around $200 less than AKL or POLY… but i'm torn! i know someone who mentioned to me that BC was not their favorite. but anyway i'm willing to look into it coz of the price difference and coz i really wanna try other resorts. also, it's a walk to EPCOT! we can only stay for 5 days so that would be amazing. so, one question, i've been trying to find an answer… but in the long slide… what is the depth of the end of the slide pool??? haha :D thanks!

BC is a great resort. I don't think you'll be sorry. As for depth at end of slide I'm not sure. Someone will know. I think 5ft? The very deep section is the lazy river, gets to 9ft. But they have inner tubes to float on.

Does anyone happen to know...the rooms that overlook the main entrance at The Yacht Club....are those considered standard view? Also, is there a map that shows which rooms are standard, garden, water?

Yes, we had one last Aug over the Portico and we booked standard view. I actually enjoyed that view. Good people watching :) looking to left could see bus stop, and straight ahead was just trees.

We have been planning this trip for over 200 days. We are bringing my parents who have never been to disney for a BC CL 9 days stay with DxDP. I have planned every meal, every FP, BBB, dessert parties, tickets to the villains party, cabana at typhoon lagoon.

My son didn't tell me his arm was broken for 3 hours because he didn't want to ruin our trip :sad: I told him he was so much more important than any trip. If we can get a waterproof cast we will still go. How do i make him feel better? He thinks he has ruined this for everyone.

Thanks for listening

We have been planning this trip for over 200 days. We are bringing my parents who have never been to disney for a BC CL 9 days stay with DxDP. I have planned every meal, every FP, BBB, dessert parties, tickets to the villains party, cabana at typhoon lagoon.

My son didn't tell me his arm was broken for 3 hours because he didn't want to ruin our trip :sad: I told him he was so much more important than any trip. If we can get a waterproof cast we will still go. How do i make him feel better? He thinks he has ruined this for everyone.

Thanks for listening

Aw, what a rotten thing to happen to your son. I really don't know anything about broken arms, no one in our family ever had a broken limb, but he really shouldn't feel bad. I'm sure by the time you arrive he'll be able to enjoy WDW. :)

Aww, poor guy!

I was at the beach this summer with a little guy (age 4) who had a broken arm. His parents had a rubber flipper thing they put over the cast. It had a valve to get the air out, so it fit tightly around his cast and no water could get in. I can ask his parents what it's called, if you want. He didn't miss a thing.

We have been planning this trip for over 200 days. We are bringing my parents who have never been to disney for a BC CL 9 days stay with DxDP. I have planned every meal, every FP, BBB, dessert parties, tickets to the villains party, cabana at typhoon lagoon. My son didn't tell me his arm was broken for 3 hours because he didn't want to ruin our trip :sad: I told him he was so much more important than any trip. If we can get a waterproof cast we will still go. How do i make him feel better? He thinks he has ruined this for everyone. Thanks for listening

So sorry to hear about your son. My daughter broke her pinkie finger in a bad way the day after school got out two years ago. She required a cast to cover not only her finger but all the way to her elbow to stabilize it. Out hospital told us that she could get a Gore-Tex cast instead of a normal plaster one, as long as we paid for it, as insurance doesn't cover it. Given that all of her friends have pools and we live on the water we, of course went with the Gore-Tex one and it worked great! No issues at all. The cast itself is a standard one until the last part where they wrap it
in Gore-Tex instead of the final layer of plaster.

Fingers crossed that your local hospital offers the same thing! Best of luck to all of you!

Jay

Thanks for listening

Oh Sammy, I'm so sorry. I see kids with broken arms and legs all the time and tell him everybody has a ball and it doesn't slow them down at all (one kid was flying around on one of those things where you put your bad leg ... like a bike of sorts). And I see kids with waterproof casts having a ball in SAB!!!

It's really sweet of him to care so much about ruining things ... he'll be fine once he knows he won't make the trip any less fun for you all.

You stop worrying too!!!! It will be fine I'm sure and if he for some strange reason can't get a waterproof cast, then you guys can wrap it as best as possible in baggies and he'll just have to wade around a lot with his arm up instead of getting entirely in the water. It shouldn't affect him at all at the parks on attractions.

I'm going to apologize in advance if the answer is right in front of me. My little ones are occupied (momentarily), and I just started reading this thread.

Do all of the 1st floor rooms have patios? I want to keep requests at a minimum but would really love a 1st floor room with a patio. My husband and I stayed at the BC over 7 years ago before we had kids. I loved our garden view 1st floor room. This will be the first time traveling with the kids in a standard hotel room (not having a separate bedroom), so I would love to be able to sit outside after the kids are asleep.

Thanks so much!

:welcome: to the thread!

I answered your question to the best of my ability previously- I think so.

When is your trip? Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread?

:cool1:

Hello,

Just booked a deluxe room CL at BC for our next trip 13-23 May 2015 :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: (could you kindly update the Be Our Guest List? thanks :-) )
Sooooooo happy
This will be our first CL stay :)
Can't wait!

:wave2:

:welcome: back!!!

I'll gladly add you to the list.

:woohoo:

So I did and upgraded last night from a BC Pool/Lagoon room to BC Club Level Pool/Lagoon view :)
We will be there from January 12-16

And I know I had mentioned about getting the military discount because DH has an Active CAC (Common Access Card). I was so worried because some folks were telling me that the CM was wrong and that he wasn't eligible. I called 4 times, and each time they read that DoD with an Active CAC were eligible now. The last call the CM called a supervisor just to be sure and they noted my account.
We just don't qualify for tickets (which is fine because we will have APs for the trip).

The last CM said they had implemented some changes to that discount, so that may be one of them.

I'll change your listing to include CL.

:)

Just HubbDave stopping in to say hi! Almost a year since we were there.

Considering BC Villas for next summer. A 1 bedroom would be suite...

Any Sunken Treasure updates/pics/stories of NinjaMom getting arrested?

Hey, good to see you again!

Same old characters here. Hope you get to join us next summer.

:goodvibes

Hi...been lurking on an off since I started thinking about our 2015 trip. Think that I am on the be our guest list for 2015. So here is my question. I went online tonite to see what is available since the packages were released today. I am thinking May 2 -8. Only regular rooms at yacht club are garden view... At beach club they have garden and pool but no standard. Any reasons why the availability would be that low already? Wasn't really thinking about booking this early but thinking I may have to

I believe only limited amounts of rooms are eligible when discounts are offered. The standards sell out first.

The garden view rooms are nice, and typically around $10-$15 more per night than standard view. I would say you should book this, but keep looking to see if a standard view room opens up.

:)

Well, now that rates are out for Easter week 2015 I need to change my room only reservation to the entire package. I priced it online and it will be almost $7,100! This is for a garden view at the BC for a family of five, with the dining plan for 6 nights. I knew it was going to be pricy, but I have a little sticker shock this evening. This will only be our second ever trip (last one was almost 7 years ago) and first time at a deluxe, because many of the resorts cannot accommodate a room for five. I feel like this trip has got to be perfect because of the price tag and because we don't get back very often (because of the price tag). Feeling kind of blah about it. There is no chance of any kind of discounts being offered because of Easter week right??

YIKES!!!

Is the dining plan a must? We priced out the dining plan last summer, and then priced out what we ordered (actually, I estimated before the trip) and we saved money by going without the plan. We ordered what we wanted, although in some cases we shared a large entrée or shared desserts because we didn't need the huge portions you get at Disney.

You still will pay a lot for food, no question, but you don't have to do that now, and you can be in control of what your family orders. A lot of people will purchase gift cards to use for dining so it is "pre-paid" plus places like Target and Sam's Club offer discounts on Disneyworld cards, so you can save money there.

Not sure if there are discounts offered for Easter. When I am planning a trip, I hang out on the subforum that discusses resort discounts and usually find a lot of info there about what has been offered in the past for discounts and what may be coming down the pipeline.

:thumbsup2

:welcome:

Love your screen name!

Let us know if you book. The location is awesome. 5 minutes to EPCOT's World Showcase!!!

The pool is 4 feet at the slide outlet. There are pictures in the second and third posts of this thread, and you can see the depth listed at the end of the slide in one of them.

Thanks for listening

I am sorry to hear about your son and I am sending positive, healing thoughts your way. Sounds like you have an incredible trip planned. Hope it all works out for you.

:hug:

Aww, poor guy!

I was at the beach this summer with a little guy (age 4) who had a broken arm. His parents had a rubber flipper thing they put over the cast. It had a valve to get the air out, so it fit tightly around his cast and no water could get in. I can ask his parents what it's called, if you want. He didn't miss a thing.

Not sure if I have welcomed you to the thread, so just in case...

:welcome:

Teena so amazing to see your smiley face in this yacht beach club promo on disney parks you tube website

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU6E3ihjY8o

Thanks so much for sharing this!

Thanks for listening

We were in a similar situation last year. My daughter broke her arm 30 days before we were to stay at the YC. She had to have surgery as the break was right above the elbow. They told me that she could not have a waterproof cast since the cast went above her elbow. Not sure what kind of cast your son has. She was 8 and her bone healed quickly. She ended up getting the cast off right before the trip. We had a great time on the trip. Here is wishing you some pixiedust: that you get a waterproof cast and have an amazing trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter