The Tale of the Grow Walk ….Hunh?

Jen - that is AWESOME! And I have to say I am really excited for your for selfish reasons. I really want to do an Alaskan cruise next summer but the price for the Disney cruises with a verandah room are staggering. I was actually considering Norwegian. Aren't there a couple different itineraries you can do? Please tell more. I hope you love this cruise because I noted the price is half of a Disney cruise.

I hope to be able to share it all with you. Yes, NCL has 3 ships that sail Alaska, 2 out of Seattle and 1 out of Vancouver. They do round trip and one ways. Ours is going to Sawyer Glacier which I believe is in Tracy Arms...where Disney goes. They also have some that go to Glacier Bay which is supposed to be even better. For me the dates for Glacier Bay just didn't work as well...and he one that did was about $1000 more than the one we are doing so I decided for a bit more luxury this time.
I got mine booked (on hold actually) before the offers changed. They are decent right now, but the one I booked with is much better. Though the earlier you book often the better the price..unless you wait last minute and if it's not selling out then they tend to drop.
What shocked me is that Skip was willing to pay 2000-3000 more to do Disney. but those dates weren't going to work between his schedule and Claire starting back to school, plus the hassle to get him in the country. LOL.

Aw, poor Skip. That's a long time to still be dealing with one mistake.

The shore excursions in Alaska look amazing. You've been reading Podsnel's Alaska cruise trip report, right? Some of the stuff they got to do looked wonderful.

I sure am...we actually work together too. She's on a cruise right now so when she gets back I am sure I will be picking her brain.

I second the request for a trip report!

I plan on it!

You got me all excited ........ and then I found out that you have already revealed what your trip is going to be and I am even more excited!!!!!!!!!!!

That is an awesome trip - I really hope you do a report on it! It sounds just fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you have been busy like me. I barely have time to get on here anymore.
I am super excited...Skip keeps acting like I am making a sacrifice to do this for him.....um yeah..sure. hahahaha
I have been looking up excursions and there are like 4 I want to do in Juneau....I need like 2 days there and a big bank account.

I am looking forward to the trip report. Tracy Arm is amazing. We have just decided we are going to head back to Alaska next year. I want to see the Wonder once more before she is being re-imagined. I had hoped to do this in December, but friends of ours are booked on the Magic and Graham also prefers that itinerary. So he asked when the Wonder is going to be re-imagined and then suggested doing the first Alaska cruise next year. I am more than happy with this.

Corinna

I am looking forward to the trip report. Tracy Arm is amazing. We have just decided we are going to head back to Alaska next year. I want to see the Wonder once more before she is being re-imagined. I had hoped to do this in December, but friends of ours are booked on the Magic and Graham also prefers that itinerary. So he asked when the Wonder is going to be re-imagined and then suggested doing the first Alaska cruise next year. I am more than happy with this.

Corinna

Sounds like a good plan!!!!

So you could just say he "fractured an occasional law" as a youth…. (do you remember what movie that's from?)

That sounds exciting! Can't wait for the TR! Are you doing a PTR? I need some OH to Alaska tips, as I plan on booking Alaska for 2017 when we're onboard the Fantasy next Feb…

Let me know if you do a mini TR on your Castaway Bay trip, I'd love to hear what you thought! I wish I knew you were coming this way, I could have given you some restaurant suggestions. We know all the best places!

So you could just say he "fractured an occasional law" as a youth…. (do you remember what movie that's from?)

That sounds exciting! Can't wait for the TR! Are you doing a PTR? I need some OH to Alaska tips, as I plan on booking Alaska for 2017 when we're onboard the Fantasy next Feb…

Let me know if you do a mini TR on your Castaway Bay trip, I'd love to hear what you thought! I wish I knew you were coming this way, I could have given you some restaurant suggestions. We know all the best places!

I have no clue what movie that is from. LOL

I do plan to do a TR but it may take awhile....I am always about 2 days behind on everything lately.

We went to a brick ove pizza place. I can't think of the name right now.. I want to say Red Oven or something like that...BEST PIZZA EVER!!! so good.

I have no clue what movie that is from. LOL

I do plan to do a TR but it may take awhile....I am always about 2 days behind on everything lately.

We went to a brick ove pizza place. I can't think of the name right now.. I want to say Red Oven or something like that...BEST PIZZA EVER!!! so good.
Brick oven Bistro? It's about a mile up the road, in front of a shopping plaza. We ate there Saturday night. It is fantastic! Did you try the S'mores dessert pizza? It's fantastic!

I know I have been way behind in following these boards. My travel (and recovery from it) has taken up the last month. SO excited you get to go to Alaska and I am really looking forward to your TR on that. My friends liked Norwegian. My parents and sister take off for their Alaska cruise tour on Princess in three weeks and I just had another friend get back from her Alaska cruise last weekend. Seems to be the "hot" cruise to take! I however rebooked the Panama Canal for next year. We had one chilly day onboard at the end that made me convinced I can only take warm weather cruises. Once I finally get it all together I plan to do a TR.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on NCL! We took a tour in Skagway when we cruised with DCL last year that had a group of ladies from an NCL ship out of Seattle - they were having a great time, and claimed to have sailed for something crazy like $250 apiece! Since then I have heard many many people poo pooing NCL, but I am very suspicious of those kinds of blanket statements... I bet you are going to have a blast! <3

Have fun in Alaska. We loved it when we went summer 2007. I am finally caught up on your trip report. I hope you have a great time

I'm playing catch-up and just now saw your post about the Alaskan cruise. I am so excited for you guys! It was always my daddy's dream to go to Alaska and I hope to one day fulfill it for him. Let us know when you start a report 'cause I want to read all about it.

Gosh I missed all these replies... Dang old new Dis not giving me the emails....ugh

Brick oven Bistro? It's about a mile up the road, in front of a shopping plaza. We ate there Saturday night. It is fantastic! Did you try the S'mores dessert pizza? It's fantastic!

I think that was it. it was amazing! Super small place but they are adding on. The pizzas were thin cruse and so good. We will be returning if we ever get back in the area.

I know I have been way behind in following these boards. My travel (and recovery from it) has taken up the last month. SO excited you get to go to Alaska and I am really looking forward to your TR on that. My friends liked Norwegian. My parents and sister take off for their Alaska cruise tour on Princess in three weeks and I just had another friend get back from her Alaska cruise last weekend. Seems to be the "hot" cruise to take! I however rebooked the Panama Canal for next year. We had one chilly day onboard at the end that made me convinced I can only take warm weather cruises. Once I finally get it all together I plan to do a TR.

I totally understand. I have been so behind on Dis lately too.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on NCL! We took a tour in Skagway when we cruised with DCL last year that had a group of ladies from an NCL ship out of Seattle - they were having a great time, and claimed to have sailed for something crazy like $250 apiece! Since then I have heard many many people poo pooing NCL, but I am very suspicious of those kinds of blanket statements... I bet you are going to have a blast! <3

I have sailed NCL twice many years ago and I was fine with it. Of course it won't compare to Disney, but I am sure we will still have a good time.

Have fun in Alaska. We loved it when we went summer 2007. I am finally caught up on your trip report. I hope you have a great time

Thanks. I go on vacation This Month!!! yay!!!!!

I'm playing catch-up and just now saw your post about the Alaskan cruise. I am so excited for you guys! It was always my daddy's dream to go to Alaska and I hope to one day fulfill it for him. Let us know when you start a report 'cause I want to read all about it.

I am really getting excited about it. Things are getting together and falling into place. We leave in 4 weeks!

Hi Jen! Remember me? I was away from the Dis for a long time. When I came back I was still on your Disneyland tr. It took me FOREVER to catch up to this point. I loved your tr you did so much on this trip. I subscribed to your Spring getaway and Alaskan trs but I feel like I'm missing 1 or 2 trs. Didn't you have a short one for work or something?

Hi Jen! Remember me? I was away from the Dis for a long time. When I came back I was still on your Disneyland tr. It took me FOREVER to catch up to this point. I loved your tr you did so much on this trip. I subscribed to your Spring getaway and Alaskan trs but I feel like I'm missing 1 or 2 trs. Didn't you have a short one for work or something?

Welcome back!!!! I did have another one. I'll see if I can find it later and link it for you.

I had 2 actually. One about Princess and one with WDW and Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter