The Tale of the Grow Walk ….Hunh?

So I am caught up just as your are ending your TR.

I can't believe you guys went to Universal on the spur of the moment like that. Nothing like being spontaneous, but poor Claire. I felt like crying each time she started to cry again. It's terrible to be that tired.

You know - the last time I rented a car (in February) the rental car guy warned me about $8 a gallon gas and I didn't believe him. We always stop before the airport and its a normal price. But, yeah, that whole getting gas at the end of a trip is a drag.

Sounds like Skip had a fun trip. I hope you can pin him down to plan something this summer. That must be killing you.

Loved this TR and all your wonderful pics!

Feels like I've been way behind. Just a little busy. Thanks for finishing your report. LOVE reading them!

Wow Jen! I can't believe that last day. A little fun and a little drama. Been there myself. Just get worn out from the whole trip. Now I just found out after my two week cruise, then a three day crash back home, on the fourth (and last) day of my Disneyland trip the parks are open 24 hours!!!! Original flight home scheduled right after close but able to move it back 6 hours so I may have some drama too . I plan to do a simple TR so I will try to remind people our behavior will be reported on !

Hope the changes in your lives go well and you guys get on a well deserved vacation soon.

Well howdy stranger
hi.gif

Hey there!!!

Loved the "tube selfie" :rotfl2:

It's quite attractive!

Your tenderloin on the last night in AP looked horrendous :scared: Looks like they gave you the last little chunk of the cut that should have been thrown out :crazy2:

I will have to go look at it again..I don't remember it being bad off the top of my head...but I swear many times Claire gets a better steak than I do.

Thanks for posting the Legoland pics and confirming to me that I would NOT like that place! :p

Yeah, you wouldn't like it at all.

I did love that Banyan Tree though :love:

That whole area was the best part for sure!

They are all over the place in Hawaii, just another reason I love Hawaii :lovestruc

And I WISH I could talk my husband into Hawaii!

And now about your last day! Wow, talk about a change of plans!!! I would have just told Skip to stuff it in his ear and gone swimming with Claire ::yes:: :rotfl2:

I didn't mind really going to Universal but it did throw me for a loop.

Sorry about your trip home! I laughed at the line about the small cup holding gallons of liquid :rotfl:

I have no idea how that cup put out that much liquid!

It's never easy coming home from a Disney trip and even worse when you have to deal with grumpy pants :rolleyes2

Yes, he was not too pleasant to be around...even though I did nothing wrong....I guess it was my fault.

Thanks for taking us on this journey with you and your family. I loved every second and crossing my fingers that I see you next February :hug:

I hope you make it...It will really make it a much better trip for me! not that it's gonna be bad without you, but I know it will be that much better with you!

Love the tree pics. The gardens were beautiful.

The gardens were so nice!

The room at OKW looks nice. 36 days I will be there.

I am so jealous!!!!

How I love the boat rides at Disney.

Very peaceful!

I love T-Rex but I find it so expensive. I had a drink and burger and it was $38 with tip.

It is. It's a good use for the dining plan though.

The vacation shirt is cute and now sorcerer hat memorabilia. LOL

I really wish I had bought that shirt now.

LOL. The reason why mousekeeping won’t come back till you check out.

Yeah I am pretty sure he scared her away!

yeah we are going to Universal.

LOL about the rides he was asking about.

I kept cracking up when he would name all these Disney rides.

Love the Simpsons ride.

I miss “Back to the Future” ride.

I love the Simpsons too but yes, the Back to the Future was just the ultimate for me.

Love the Minions.

We do too....excited to see their new movie.

Nice pics while exiting.

Thanks

Wow that is a lot for gas.

Yes it is!

Good luck with the new cow adventure.

Thanks.

I love the pictures of OKW. I would have panicked if someone pulled a Skip and added a park day!! What I really loved was him asking for WDW rides!!LOL Sorry Claire was so teary eyed and tired.

After being married to him for so many years I guess it didn't surprise me but he has no idea how a planners mind works.
And obviously he can't remember rides from one park to another.
I felt like being teary but I held back.

I can't believe you guys went to Universal on the spur of the moment like that. Nothing like being spontaneous, but poor Claire. I felt like crying each time she started to cry again. It's terrible to be that tired.

It was so sudden it did throw me for a loop but I adjust well thank goodness.....well I adjust to his craziness well.
I know I was cutting Claire slack but grumpy didn't seem to get it.

You know - the last time I rented a car (in February) the rental car guy warned me about $8 a gallon gas and I didn't believe him. We always stop before the airport and its a normal price. But, yeah, that whole getting gas at the end of a trip is a drag.

Yep..I will always stop earlier now so I don't run into that again.

Sounds like Skip had a fun trip. I hope you can pin him down to plan something this summer. That must be killing you.

It is driving me crazy. He doesn't get that if we just had some dates and could start planning I would be so much nicer.

Feels like I've been way behind. Just a little busy. Thanks for finishing your report. LOVE reading them!

I am always behind....I totally understand.

Wow Jen! I can't believe that last day. A little fun and a little drama. Been there myself. Just get worn out from the whole trip. Now I just found out after my two week cruise, then a three day crash back home, on the fourth (and last) day of my Disneyland trip the parks are open 24 hours!!!! Original flight home scheduled right after close but able to move it back 6 hours so I may have some drama too . I plan to do a simple TR so I will try to remind people our behavior will be reported on !

That sounds like a wonderful trip....that I am jealous of!

Hope the changes in your lives go well and you guys get on a well deserved vacation soon.

Thanks!

My thoughts on this trip!

Well…First off it was MUCH busier than I expected. I did expect it to be busy but it was just insane at WDW. I did do quite a bit of complaining about the crowds, but we still had a good time and did some new things or different things than we normally do. I however will probably avoid going that close to Easter in the future.

I was not a fan of the magic band or the My Disney Experience. It does seem to be getting much better now a year later and hopefully Disney will continue to tweak it but it does seem like every step forward leads to 2 backwards before they fix things. The biggest issue is not everyone has a smart phone or even uses a computer so it can be really hard for some people. …My brother in law is contemplating going in a few weeks…and he has neither and is not tech savvy. If he does go I am going to have to give him step by step instructions for everything and I will have to set him up an account and pray he can understand the FP’s, etc.

Even though the trip was fairly long, it still seemed way too short and I still didn’t do all I had wanted to or wished to do. I have heard people say they are ready to go home after a trip, but I never have that feeling. I really think I could spend a month easily there and still not really want to go home.

I have learned that my body just can’t go go go like it used to and I could use a nap each day. I really did feel tired more often this trip than I have in years past. That didn’t stop me though, but if I stayed longer I could get more rest without feeling like I was missing out on something.
The cruise was great. I really think Skip enjoyed it too. We have begun some talks of an upcoming family cruise like we did in 2012 and Skip actually seems like he wants to go. When I mentioned it recently to him he said if it’s planned for this year then that would be the vacation we go on verses Disneyland, which I keep trying to get him to commit too, but it sounds like now it may be 2016. Until DCL releases the dates and itineraries we can’t make a solid plan on that, but ideally we all seem to want to have a longer cruise…5-7 days. I know most of the family does not want to do WDW along with it but if I can work it out I would like to either throw in the Halloween party and or the Christmas party.

We had a good time at Sea World and just an OK time at Legoland. I probably will skip a few years before going back to Sea World again and not sure if I ever will go back to Legoland. Distance is a factor there too; it is not close and for us, just not worth it. Maybe when Gracie gets older I will change my mind on that and rethink it.

A year ago I was on the Magic (We boarded Mar. 28) and I am really feeling the itch to get away. It’s been a blah winter and I just need some sunshine. I was very fortunate to travel 4 different times last year and I don’t see it happening again this year.

I made some great memories with my family, earned a certification and got some extra relaxation last year!

Thanks so much for reading a long and sharing our experiences. I am taking a slower break from the boards now. I will still be reading when I can, but I just can’t seem to keep up as much anymore and keep up with work and life. Am setting some weight loss goals this year and I really need to focus on that rather than play on the computer in my free time. I will most likely write a TR for my next trip, but I am probably not going to start it right away so that I can get it pretty much close to ready and completed before I start posting….that way I don’t feel the pressure of posting on a regular basis.

Thanks again!

Thanks for your final thoughts Jen!

I know exactly what you mean about needing some warm weather and being sick of winter. Even though I spent a week in Florida in February (and it was not the greatest weather) I am now SO ready for spring I can hardly stand it.

You were very fortunate to have so many great trips this year. I hope your 2016 trip planning gets all settled out.

I also know what you mean about not keeping up. That is how I feel constantly and now I update about every 10 days. I just can't do it any more frequently.

Thanks again for a great TR! Looking forward to the next!

Thanks for your final thoughts Jen!

I know exactly what you mean about needing some warm weather and being sick of winter. Even though I spent a week in Florida in February (and it was not the greatest weather) I am now SO ready for spring I can hardly stand it.

You were very fortunate to have so many great trips this year. I hope your 2016 trip planning gets all settled out.

I also know what you mean about not keeping up. That is how I feel constantly and now I update about every 10 days. I just can't do it any more frequently.

Thanks again for a great TR! Looking forward to the next!

I am so antsy now that we have nothing in concrete planned yet. I might have to start looking for some work related trips. LOL!

Great "thoughts" on the trip wrap-up Jen. I am like you and could spend a month on vacation without ever feeling a need to go home. Not that I don't love my home but I also love getting away from it all.

I hope that Skip will commit to some sort of vacation/trip soon so that you can begin planning. But, we all know how Skip is so I'm not holding my breath. LOL!

I can't seem to stay caught up on the Dis anymore. What with the dang alerts/email notification not working properly, my work and my contributions to the Magical DIStractions site, I seem to keep falling behind.

I so understand this. I seem to sleep a lot easier now that I have another ticker.

Corinna

I am so jealous of your ticker!!!! Back to DL again hunh? NICE!!!!!!

Great "thoughts" on the trip wrap-up Jen. I am like you and could spend a month on vacation without ever feeling a need to go home. Not that I don't love my home but I also love getting away from it all.

I really enjoy traveling....I never seem to get homesick. Even as a kid I was never one to get homesick. Claire on the other hand can't even spend the night at a friends house because she misses us too much. ugh!

I hope that Skip will commit to some sort of vacation/trip soon so that you can begin planning. But, we all know how Skip is so I'm not holding my breath. LOL!

Me too. Let's just say things got a little heated the other night when he asked Claire why she wasn't going anywhere for Spring break...as a joke....a VERY bad joke....and we let him know so.

I can't seem to stay caught up on the Dis anymore. What with the dang alerts/email notification not working properly, my work and my contributions to the Magical DIStractions site, I seem to keep falling behind.

It's really becoming hard for me as well. I have too many things going on so I am just trying to read when I can and know it will be there later when I have time.

I am so jealous of your ticker!!!! Back to DL again hunh? NICE!!!!!!

Well, it just made sense. I still have an annual pass that is valid until November 11th so admission does not cost me anything. I have DVC points covering the accommodation. I am waitlisted for Grand Californian, but I think at some stage I will just jump and use my points at Paradise Pier. I am OK with this. I loved Paradise Pier in November and actually prefer the rooms there to the rooms at the Grand Californian. I can still use the back entrance to California Adventures and while cutting through Grand Californian, I am sure I will stop at the lobby a few times to just relax and listen to the piano player. With this year being the 60th anniversary, this was just too tempting.

Corinna

Well, it just made sense. I still have an annual pass that is valid until November 11th so admission does not cost me anything. I have DVC points covering the accommodation. I am waitlisted for Grand Californian, but I think at some stage I will just jump and use my points at Paradise Pier. I am OK with this. I loved Paradise Pier in November and actually prefer the rooms there to the rooms at the Grand Californian. I can still use the back entrance to California Adventures and while cutting through Grand Californian, I am sure I will stop at the lobby a few times to just relax and listen to the piano player. With this year being the 60th anniversary, this was just too tempting.

Corinna

That sounds like a perfect plan!!!!

Good wrap up! Thanks for all your thoughts and photos and stories. I really enjoyed reading it. I"m sorry I couldn't keep up as well as I would have liked, but I did try. :) I am thankful that you are around on my thread as you can be, and totally understand your commitment to your personal life and goals. Have a wonderful weekend! :)

I'm kind of sad it's done. However it was fun to come back from our trip and see all your Universal pics and say - we were just there!

I agree about the long line for the Minions ride - we kept watching wait times on the app, and waited until our last day to get on it - we got in line right at opening, and it was 1/2 hour then already! I couldn't imagine just doing a morning there before a flight. We spent 1 full day and 2 1/2 days there this trip, and could still go back… we really had a great time there this year.

I don't know how you put up with Skip at the end of this trip - it must really be true love! I would have smacked DH if he had been behaving like that in the airport or on the plane…

I hope you get to have a trip planned soon! Good luck with the beef cows!

Good wrap up! Thanks for all your thoughts and photos and stories. I really enjoyed reading it. I"m sorry I couldn't keep up as well as I would have liked, but I did try. :) I am thankful that you are around on my thread as you can be, and totally understand your commitment to your personal life and goals. Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Thanks for following along. I must say I really have enjoyed not getting on Dis daily. I still read here and there when I have some extra time, but it's been a nice break. I have been updating work files and trying to get that exercise in daily, though still not as good as I should.

I'm kind of sad it's done. However it was fun to come back from our trip and see all your Universal pics and say - we were just there!

I agree about the long line for the Minions ride - we kept watching wait times on the app, and waited until our last day to get on it - we got in line right at opening, and it was 1/2 hour then already! I couldn't imagine just doing a morning there before a flight. We spent 1 full day and 2 1/2 days there this trip, and could still go back… we really had a great time there this year.

I don't know how you put up with Skip at the end of this trip - it must really be true love! I would have smacked DH if he had been behaving like that in the airport or on the plane…

I hope you get to have a trip planned soon! Good luck with the beef cows!

Universal does have some fun parks. There is so much there that I have not done yet too. Glad you had a good time.

Yes, Sometimes I wonder why I put up with him too but I can't go all crazy on him on the plane...or I might be the one banned from flying. LOL

Your report was great as usual. Thanks for giving such a detailed report and beautiful pictures.

Great wrap up. Sorry Skip was being a baby on the way home. :(

Jill in CO

I'll be happy to read your next trip report whenever you are ready to do one!

We actually did a little weekend trip this weekend. I might eventually write about it, but I have to work on pictures first. We just were in Ohio, Going towards Akron to the Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens....beautiful place...and the Castaway Bay near Cedar Point for a night too.

Great wrap up. Sorry Skip was being a baby on the way home. :(

Jill in CO

He tends to be that way whenever we go home. But this was by far the worst.

Like many of us, I have been so far behind on all the TR's I have been following. Great wrap up, Sorry you had the delay and a stressful flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter