The Tale of the Grow Walk ….Hunh?

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
Hello! And welcome to my latest trip report!
For those that don’t know me, I am Jen.

I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, 2 of which are grown, one who is having her own little Princess in Oct, and my youngest, who is 9, Claire, who typically joins me in my travels.

I love Disney and try to make it to Disney World at least once a year. Some years that has not happened, but then other years I have been able to go more than once or at least to another Disney Destination. My last trip to the World was in Nov. of 2012.
I was lucky enough this year to have gone on my first trip to Disneyland in Feb, just a month prior to this vacation. That one was for business and I traveled alone and met up and had fun with a co-worker.

This trip to WDW was a family trip…meaning my parents were going as well …..and had actually had its beginning stages started about a year prior to going.
I had traveled with my parents to Williamsburg, VA in April of 2013 and we stayed at their Marriott time share. Mom said that next year she wanted to go back to Orlando and Claire and I could come, so of course that got the wheels going. We decided that we would do it over Claire’s spring break. I was not looking forward to going at that time because of the crowds, but it would be better to have her not miss school if we could help it. And a busy trip is better than no trip at all right? I got those dates from her school soon after we returned from Williamsburg, and Mom then reserved her time share for that week.
Of course we tweaked things and decided to fly in a day early (with Claire missing a Friday before spring break) and then my husband, Skip, decided he would like to come at the end of the trip and try out a Disney cruise. Yes, Claire and I have now sailed Disney a few times, but Skip has yet to be on one…so the trip was extended a few days for that and a little extra fun after as well.
What started out as a 7 night trip…. turned into 11 nights. March 21-April 1! (Yeah…. I wasn’t thrilled about coming home on April Fool’s day)

Plans were made and of course we had a few arguments about things…..nothing ever is smooth here.

First Skip was mad we were going and never told him aboput it. Well at that point it was so far off yet and I really hadn’t planned anything. I wasn’t hiding it from him, I just wasn’t talking about it in general.
Then he decided he did want to come, but not stay with my parents nor did he want to go for as long.
So we finally compromised and he would join us later in the trip and do the cruise portion with a day at Legoland at the end.
The thing that drives me crazy is that I am a planner and he likes to do everything last minute. So even though I knew what the plan was, he wasn’t in any hurry to book the cruise. I told him more than once about the prices rising and his reply ….”I don’t care, I want to pay full price”. LOL!

He also had this “idea”….he wanted to come down to Florida on a Greyhound bus. He said he would have a years’ worth of stories to tell if he did that. It would take him about 28 hours to come by greyhound and for one who has limited time off, this was not a smart idea in my book, but he insisted this was what he wanted to do. Luckily in the end, we talked him out of it and he did fly down on Allegiant.

All was pretty much set by mid Feb (I actually booked the cruise on my birthday in Feb.) and we just had to wait. Of course I went to Disneyland in between that time which meant when I got home I had to do catch up work along with extra work to be sure all was taken care of before I left. It was a busy few weeks and I was happy to see March 21 come!

I don't always have the current updates linked here and with the new board set up it's going to take me a few to figure out how to add some more.....

March 21, 2014, Friday
Today is the Day
Hertz Verses Dollar
Our Room
Pool Time
Meeting up with the Gals
Snack Time

March 22, 2014, Saturday
An Early Walk Around POFQ
Let's Get Going
How Can I Be so Stupid
Test Track
Car Topiaries and the Hoochi Momma
Nemo
Snacks and Tiana and Naveen
Imagaination
Getting Frisky
Walking to World Showcase
Via Napoli
Feeling Patriotic
Voices of Liberty
An American Adventure
The Mission
In the Future, I Have No Eyes
My Favorite Kind of Dinner
Star Tours
The Marriott Grand Vista

March 23, 2014, Sunday
The Poly and 'Ohana
Breakfast and Characters
Pluto and Scotter Guy
Off Topic....Paige's maternity pictures
I Don't Want to Get Wet
Splash Down and the Prettiest Bathrooms on Property
Small World 1
Small World 2 and the Mine Train
Journey of the Little Mermaid
Eric's Castle and Gaston's
Then new...UNimproved Smoking Area and Waiting for the Fantasy of Festival
FoF1
FoF2
FoF3
FoF4
FoF5
FoF6
FoF7
Time for a Snack
Dumbo
Enchanted Tales
A Walk up Main Street
New Fantasyland and Be Our Guest Gargoyles
BOG1
BOG2
Barnstormer
Getting Artsy
Dumbo in Plush and Popcorn Form
A Kiss Goodnight

March 24, 2014, Monday
Early Morning at the Grand Vista
Grand Vista to Grand Floridian
Rose Petal
Princess Party1
Princess Party 2
Princess Party 3
Photobombing Bubble
Rapunzel Meet Rapunzel
A Twirl with Snow and some Grumpy Old People
FoF Cinderella
FoF 2 Sisters, Rapunzle and Ariel
FoF Some Lost Boys & Merida
FoF The Dragon
FoF The Dwarves and Chip, Dale And Goofy
FoF Mickey
A Meet With Ariel
Under the Sea
Off Topic, Gracie Mae
The Clowns and BOG Visit # 2
Beast and the Pantless Prince
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Skittish Skip
Disneyland Meets Disney World
The Castle Show

March 25, 2014, Tuesday
No Disney Today
Lunch and Fish
A Few Whacky Birds
Discovery Cove Paradise
Birds at DC
Touring DC
Sharks and Dolphins
Back to Sea World and Turtles
Dolphins and One Crazy Momma
Shamu and Baby
Beautiful Trash
Flamingos and Flowers
SHARKS
Cheesecake Factory

March 26, 2014, Wednesday
Breakfast of Champions
Muppets and Droids
Who Knew She Was in Here
Walt's Dreams
A Miniature World

The Not So Good Gangster
I'll Get You My Pretty
Catastrophe Canyon
TIGGER
Pizza Planet
Toy Story Craziness
Unexpected Plans and New Fun
Our Canadian Tour
Soccer, Coolness, and Ellen
Still No Eyes for Me
Pick a Pearl

March 27,2014, Thursday
Our Marriott Resort
Animal Kingdom Magic Shots
Time for a Safari
Giraffes, Elephants and Lions
Zebras, Lunch and a Dance Party
Finding Nemo 1
Finding Nemo 2
Finding Nemo 3
Finding Nemo 4
A Moving Yeti
Dinoland USA
Birds and the Parade
Jammin Jungle
Tearing up at the End of an Era
Good Bye Ak, Hello MK
Dinner in an Unexpected Place
Daddy's Here

March 28, 2014, Friday
Time for a Little Magic
Boarding the Magic
The New Cabanas
Lunch and a Walk Around the Ship
The New Improved Kids Clubs
More Kids Club Exploring
Tiny Bathrooms and Keys
After Hours
A Swim and the Vibe
More Exploration
Senses
The Gym and the Rainforest
Muster Drill
Sail Away Party
Bye Bye PC
Showtime
The Lost Dumbo
Carioca's
Too Tired to Party

March 29, 2014, Saturday
Early morning, Quiet Ship
Huey, Dewy and Louie's Splash Fun
Breakfast in Nassau
Let's Snorkel
Under the Sea
Swarming Fish and Sinking Boat
Booty Shorts
Lunch and Back on Shore
Room Service and Dinner
Desserts and Pirates
Mickey Saves the Day
Dance Party

March 30, 2014, Sunday
Castaway Cay Day
Backing In
A Little Ship Exploring

Alone on the Island
A Meet With Minnie
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/threads/the-tale-of-the-grow-walk-%C2%85-hunh.3300566/page-42#post-53001177"]CC Bathroom[/URL]

Last edited:
Yeah! I'm in! Time to head for the OTHER coast! :cool1:

:yay::yay::yay: I'm here. Nothing is ever easy in planning with your family. ;) A bus? Really? I would shoot my husband if he even suggested it.

I'm in and looking forward to hearing all about your trip,:bitelip: I, too, have two twenty year olds and a 9 year old. Keeps us young, doesn't it!?! ;)

joining! Don't you love how Disney trips have a tendency to expand from original plans? :rotfl:

I'm here! I quick subbed earlier when I saw your FB post and then had to get some work done! Sounds like a great trip!
I'll be anxious to see what the crowds were like as we are contemplating going next spring break.

Yeah! I'm in! Time to head for the OTHER coast! :cool1:

Woo Hooo!!! :banana:

I'm here. :)

Hey...she didn't fall off the edge of the earth after all! :hug:

I'm here! :banana: Can't wait to hear all about it!

~ Katie :cool1:

Hi Kaite!!!!! :yay:

Woo Hoo! Another trip report by Jen!

Glad you are excited! :goodvibes

:yay::yay::yay: I'm here. Nothing is ever easy in planning with your family. ;) A bus? Really? I would shoot my husband if he even suggested it.

Nothing is ever easy with my family for sure. Yeah, Claire even thought the bus idea was crazy. I almost wanted him to take to have him suffer from such a stupid idea.

I'm Here! Looking forward to your trip report!

Welcome!!! Glad you made it!

I'm in and looking forward to hearing all about your trip,:bitelip: I, too, have two twenty year olds and a 9 year old. Keeps us young, doesn't it!?! ;)

It sure does keep me young....while the other 2 are making me age....FAST! :rotfl:

I'm here!

Jill in CO

Hi Jill!

joining! Don't you love how Disney trips have a tendency to expand from original plans? :rotfl:

I do try... LOL... I had thought from the begining adding a cruise would be nice...but when it became reality I had to do a little bit of dancing around!

I am in. Cannot wait to read all about your trip!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Let's get this party started! :goodvibes

You bet!

I'm here! I quick subbed earlier when I saw your FB post and then had to get some work done! Sounds like a great trip!
I'll be anxious to see what the crowds were like as we are contemplating going next spring break.

I am sad to say, I don't have anything encouraging to say about the crowds at all.....it was BAD!.

Hello Cass.....I wish you could've been there with me on this one too.
And guess what, I was done editing those DL pictures in less than 4 months...instead of the 8+ months I figured it would take me. :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear about your trip! Great pics of both you and Claire in your intro :)

Thank you! I am excited to get this one going and reliving it. We had some good times....of course some frustrating times as well. That often happens when you have large crowds....and men added to your trip. :faint:

Yayayayay :cool1: Thanks for the heads up! I'm in and looking forward to it!

Oh Skip! A greyhound bus? Really? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter