The Running Thread - 2019

ATTQOTD: DH and I are currently on the way to TX to visit our daughter and son-in-law. She and I were planning to cook, but my husband heard all the prep we were discussing for the meal and he voted for us to go out instead. Gonna get a run in before dinner. Currently 82 degrees in Stephenville, TX!

Takeout for dinner tonight.

Sunday is my half marathon - weather looks pretty perfect.

But even better...next week is school vacation week here - and my sister is taking our 2 DDs to florida the visit my parents. So DH and I are CHILD-FREE for the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QOTD: With it being Valentines Day today and all, what are you plans for today?

ATTQOTD: I have come down with not-the-flu, so have been trying to take it easy. Hubby is working tonight so, while I have dinner ingredients in the fridge for the kids and myself, I am not so sure I actually want to make anything. I did get cards and candy for everyone. ❤️

ATTQOTD: Today is...

MY BIRTHDAY! So that tops Valentine's Day for us.
Happy Birthday!!!

ATTQOTD: For Valentine's Day, DH bought me a white pair of running shorts to wear with my Stormtrooper top, and we went to the Mexican restaurant just down the road, where my older DS wore his Mexico hoodie from EPCOT.

But we will celebrate again on Saturday because it is MY BIRTHDAY! DH and I are running a muddy, sloppy, and possibly rainy 21k trail race Saturday morning (Isn't that what you should do on your birthday?), and my other DS and DIL will be coming to town to eat out, most likely at the golf club in our small town.

treated myself for the day by:
- working (yay, $$)
- finally getting some museum time in
- spoiling myself with a chocolate eclair
- finally home and cuddling with my valentine :cat:

(I've never been a fan of Valentine's, but as a kid, I did love how my dad used to go over the top -- flowers, balloons, chocolates, cards -- mostly for mom, but also for me and my sister, too. Like, as much as he complains that he's "surrounded by too many women" he always seemed to view the day as an excuse to spoil us. It's rather sweet.)

oh, and almost forgot...treated myself by signing up for space coast :teeth:

ATTQOTD: went to son's class party where he made me a card, ran, sent some GALentine's texts, and had a glass of champagne that was meant for my birthday! However, I did buy myself a gift yesterday and told my DH it was from him. He also got me some flowers from costco, which was nice. I hate going to restaurants for Valentine's or any of the big holidays, but before we moved we always celebrated at my favorite Ethiopian restaurant if we both had the night off because she never did a prix-fixe on holidays.

ATTQOTD: went to son's class party where he made me a card, ran, sent some GALentine's texts, and had a glass of champagne that was meant for my birthday! However, I did buy myself a gift yesterday and told my DH it was from him. He also got me some flowers from costco, which was nice. I hate going to restaurants for Valentine's or any of the big holidays, but before we moved we always celebrated at my favorite Ethiopian restaurant if we both had the night off because she never did a prix-fixe on holidays.
I could destroy some injera and kitfo rn.

QOTD: With it being Valentines Day today and all, what are you plans for today or the weekend?

ATTQOTD: Not much today since it's work and school. This weekend is up in the air as we are waiting on some decisions to be made from others. Once we know those answers we have some choices to make. So kinda a anticlimactic weekend overall is what its looking like. Oh, how times have changed with kiddos lol.

My GF and I don't believe in Valentines Day. It's a made up holiday in our opinion. We believe in showing each other we love them every day.

ATTQOTD: Today is...

MY BIRTHDAY! So that tops Valentine's Day for us.

Our little town now has a real restaurant, but we couldn't get reservations for tonight (not my job).

Today, we went out for pizza/beer/wine for lunch (forced the waitress to card me), then to the grocery store for snacky treats for tonight. We have 5 (well, now 4) bottles of champagne in the fridge to be distributed as the birthday boy sees fit.

We'll dress up and go to the local restaurant tomorrow night and pretend its Valentine's Day.

We might meet my bro and SIL at a local winery on Saturday for a mini-celebration.

When we moved to the country 20+ years ago, we never imagined we would have local wineries and restaurants.

I did manage to get 4 miles in today and will get 4 or 5 in tomorrow then 9 or 10 on Saturday.

Happy Birthday!:bday::cake:

ATTQOTD: Work, and then my son had a middle school soccer game. Went home after and made my wife one of her favorite meals (We refuse to go out on the day of, not worth the crowds). We usually go out a few days before or after instead.

Me: "I'm going to buy some better cold weather gear and some yaktrax and just get out there and run on the snowpack this weekend because I'm sick of being inside."
Montana: "Oh hey I heard you wanted four more inches of snow overnight?"
Me: "Oh--oh no, actually, I--oh dear--"
Montana: "Cool, I got your snow needs covered. Going to keep snowing all day today and into tomorrow, enjoy!"

:sad2:

Me: "I'm going to buy some better cold weather gear and some yaktrax and just get out there and run on the snowpack this weekend because I'm sick of being inside."

:sad2:

Yaktrax get very good reviews, but check out nano spikes as well. I bought the nano spikes at my local REI and they are working out very well.

Smart wool beanies and socks are great too.

It doesn't mean I'm not ready for spring running, but they do help me get out onto the snow/ice trails.

Yaktrax get very good reviews, but check out nano spikes as well. I bought the nano spikes at my local REI and they are working out very well.

Smart wool beanies and socks are great too.

It doesn't mean I'm not ready for spring running, but they do help me get out onto the snow/ice trails.

No REI here, but I figured I'd stop in at Scheels and see what they have for cleats that'll work with running shoes (I actually have a pair of ice cleats, don't remember the brand, but they're too big and clunky and make the shoes uncomfortable to run in). The trouble this weekend is that with all the fresh powder I don't think I can keep my feet dry--I could get gaiters, but my running shoes have a lot of mesh. It's a very dry snow since it's so cold, but...yeah.

Edit: Going to keep it in mind, though, so thank you. I think it's still worth making the shopping trip even if I can't do anything until next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter