The Running Thread - 2019

ATTQOTD: I’ve never been a fan of Valentine’s Day, but my husband likes it. I’m in the “this is a fake, commercialized holiday” camp; however I do try to make it nice for him so I got him a card and candy. I’m making him steak, scallops and risotto for dinner and mini chocolate lava cakes. We’re also doing the Strava NYRR Valentine 5K today. I’m more so looking forward to the long weekend with no plans!

ATTQOTD: my husband and I had our first date on Valentines Day 14 years ago, so tonight we will go out for dinner, probably to the same bar where we had our first date (the first date where I was supposed to tell him I wasn't interested and let him down easy...). Then our daughter's birthday is tomorrow so we will celebrate that this weekend too.

My apartment complex rented out a bar Tuesday night and threw an anti-Valentine's party so I've already done some good celebrating. I'm taking my daughter to dance practice Saturday for seven hours, so I'll probably run. I met the owner of a fitness place called 9Round and he gave me a free 10 day pass, so I'll probably give that a try as well. And then probably go to the Cheesecake Factory and negate all the workouts.

ATTQOTD: We're going to have steak and scallops at home tonight. DW has gotten so good cooking filets on the grill at home, we don't ever go out for steak any more. We've also been watching the Great British Baking Show on Netflix, so for dessert she's going to try making Mary Berry's Lemon Drizzle Cake. I'm still on my self-imposed 2 week hiatus from running after the last race, so Valentine's plans won't affect anything on that front. Tentatively planning to get back out there this weekend, though, if the rain isn't too bad.

ATTQOTD: Nothing special - I have yoga tonight and DH will be picking up dinner for us & the kids because we have absolutely nothing to eat at home (I haven't had time to go to the grocery store this week). So most of the next few days will be spent running errands and being productive doing the stuff we haven't been able to get done due to the polar vortex/snowmaggedon/ice storm trifecta we've been experiencing on repeat for the last few weeks. :-)

ATTQOTD: Valentine-s Day is not my holiday. I plan to go to the gym tonight and DH and I will exchange cards. We don't do flowers as I hate roses and the cats will eat all the petals off anyways and then I have just green stems. He said he got me a small gift so I am guessing some type of chocolate. This weekend we are heading to Maine to see the in-laws so there will be some running, a trip to rover bagel, duckfat and lots of breweries.

QOTD: With it being Valentines Day today and all, what are you plans for today or the weekend?

ATTQOTD: Not much today since it's work and school. This weekend is up in the air as we are waiting on some decisions to be made from others. Once we know those answers we have some choices to make. So kinda a anticlimactic weekend overall is what its looking like. Oh, how times have changed with kiddos lol.

We spent far too much time coaxing kids into writing their names on valentines cards, and I have some extras for them. I believe DH gets Tsum Tsum Donald, and the kids get Tsum Tsum Stitch and Tsum Tsum Marie. I was so stinking excited that the ice has been cleared from my running track, but forgot to bring pants to run over lunch. I briefly considered if 35 °F is too cold for shorts and decided I will just try to work through lunch and leave early enough to go home and run.... and hope the sidewalks are clear enough.
Kids have Presidents Day off so we are flying out to NJ to hang with the in-laws and I was told there is no time for running :( Probably true, but I am still sad.
I have a conference presentation to give in Orlando the week before SW weekend, but I could not figure out how to stay for the races, so I just decided to schedule some FPs for the evening I am there, that is my Valentines gift to myself!

ATTQOTD: I get to have sushi for dinner even though my kiddo will tell me how gross it is. Then hubby and kiddo will play the new video game I got them for valentines while I run at the gym. I also had a donut for breakfast because treat yo' self.

ATTQOTD: Today is...

MY BIRTHDAY! So that tops Valentine's Day for us.

Our little town now has a real restaurant, but we couldn't get reservations for tonight (not my job).

Today, we went out for pizza/beer/wine for lunch (forced the waitress to card me), then to the grocery store for snacky treats for tonight. We have 5 (well, now 4) bottles of champagne in the fridge to be distributed as the birthday boy sees fit.

We'll dress up and go to the local restaurant tomorrow night and pretend its Valentine's Day.

We might meet my bro and SIL at a local winery on Saturday for a mini-celebration.

When we moved to the country 20+ years ago, we never imagined we would have local wineries and restaurants.

I did manage to get 4 miles in today and will get 4 or 5 in tomorrow then 9 or 10 on Saturday.

ATTQOTD: We don’t ever do anything for Valentine’s Day. It’s enough trying to get all the stuff together for the kids valentine stuff for school. Ending the day with pizza and a movie sounds pretty good to me!

QOTD: With it being Valentines Day today and all, what are you plans for today or the weekend?

My Valentine's Weekend plans include surgery on my ankle tomorrow and then taking our son to see Beauty and the Beast at the theater. We took him to see Tangled last weekend for his first trip to a movie and he loved, I think it's mostly due to the fact he gets candy, popcorn, and lemonade. I guess there will now be a lot more animated movies at the theater in store for us going forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter