The Remy Thread-Chefs de France (schedule in 1st post)

We saw Remy on Sat. about a month ago, a 5:30 reservation...we literally sat down and about 5 minutes later he was at our table. I would suggest a bit earlier reservation if you can swing it.

I will agree with the PP that said you can't always count on the ressie line to give you accurate information of that sort - we had originally been told that Remy is only available at lunch time, which is obviously not true....

If you go on youtube and search for "remy epcot" there are videos so you know what to expect.

FWIW..Remy does not interact all that much.He is a tiny little critter that sits on a rolling cart, puts on a little show and his handler "translates" it is cute, but very quick.If the only reason you are interested in dining here is characters, I would eat elsewhere.

Last summer we saw Remi. Like the OP, I read about the experience here on the Dis and planned a meal accordingly. I think we ate a late lunch. We timed it perfectly. We got to see him, but as the above quote describes, it is a very brief interaction and possibly one that you would miss out on if you are not seated at the correct time.

So, it was cute but if you are really wanting a character interaction for your children, I would select another character meal so that you have a guaranteed character interaction.

Calling for ADR's tomorrow and we want a late lunch at Chef's De France...So what is the latest time Remy usually makes an appearance?:confused3

I know this has been asked before , but I can not remember? I know people have said he comes out about 20 minutes after the hour???

Thanks for any tips.

Michelle

Inside Les Chefs de France.
Monday-Saturday at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 & 5:20pm
He is not there at all in Sundays and he only goes around the dining room once.So if you are late being seated or miss him, he does NOT come back thru

I am glad too see the 5:20 time...I will schedule dinner around 4:45 if I can. This will be great...Lunch would have been ok, but I would rather have the early dinner....:cool1:

Just as a FYI, Remy is a highly sophisticated one of a kind audio-animatronic figure so if he is having a problem he will not appear. Some people have been there at the right time, but have been disappointed so if you have young children, you might not want to mention Remy and get their expectations up, just in case...

Kim T :figment:

My 12 year old picked Chef's de France and did not even know that Remy could appear...So it will be an added bonus if he does!:goodvibes

Just as a FYI, Remy is a highly sophisticated one of a kind audio-animatronic figure so if he is having a problem he will not appear. Some people have been there at the right time, but have been disappointed so if you have young children, you might not want to mention Remy and get their expectations up, just in case...

Kim T :figment:

We were planning to go there anyway, and we have not mentioned a single thing about the possibility of seeing Remy during out lunch there in a few weeks. We figure if he is not there, my kids won't even know what they missed, and if he is, it will be a very nice surprise for them! :goodvibes

Yes, Remy is still around.

Beautiful! I hope there are no technical difficulties the day we are there and that we get to see him! We have a Noon ADR and it is NOT on a Sunday! :thumbsup2

Still not telling the kids though...leave it to surprise, and prevent disappointment just in case! ;)

we're having a 4.30pm dinner and should be nicely into it by the time he comes around after 5pm

we haven't told dd but i know she'll be excited.

Is Remy still @ Chefs? I'm not sure if I'm going to keep my lunch ADR there or not. I am trying to eliminate 1 or 2 table services because we want to do Narcooses and CG. I'm going to have to cancel something so I don't run out of credits. I'm going to be on the basic dining plan, arriving 8/22 for 9 nights. What does Remy do while he's at your table? Around how long will he stay at your table? We do like Remy, but is it worth it for his visit? Thanks

Yes he is still there.

In general, he stays at the table no longer than a minute or two. He does not speak, he squeaks. His handler will translate for him.

He doesn't appear on Sundays, so if your reservation is on a Sunday you can take him out of consideration.

Be advised-Remy starts his tour of the dining room on his serving cart at set times.Once he rolls thru the dining room, he does NOT COME BACK.So if you are seated late, in the restroom or just not in your seat and you miss him, he is gone.He is only at you table a min or 2 and then he moves on.He appears:
Inside Les Chefs de France.
Monday-Saturday at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 & 5:20pm .He is not there at all on Sundays

good to know - i made note of that in my calander to make sure we stay put until he arrives.

our res is at 4pm so we should be finished dinner by the time he comes at 5.20pm and just have to wait for him

good to know - i made note of that in my calander to make sure we stay put until he arrives.

our res is at 4pm so we should be finished dinner by the time he comes at 5.20pm and just have to wait for him

I would move my adr later. If remy enters the restaurant at 5:20, how long does it tkae to make his way around. You may be waiting, after your dinner, an hour or more!

We have an ADR at 2pm on our last full park day, I hope that Remy stops by :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter