The Remy Thread-Chefs de France (schedule in 1st post)

Not there on Sundays, unless they change the schedule. And only appears during lunch up to early dinner time. I think his last roll thru the restaurant is around 5pm.

Thank you DIS veteran! Gotta run and rebook to lunchtime!

We saw Remy at lunch on April 26th and he was beyond adorable :woohoo: Our reservation was for 12 noon and we were in the side glass room. I read on DIS that he only comes around once so if you are seated after his time, you are out of luck :( We were celebrating the birthdays of our two adult daughters and Remy's assistant sang Happy Birthday to them in French :yay: She had a marvelous voice :love: We could not have enjoyed a more delightful experience :thumbsup2

He is still there for now, but as with all things Disney, it can change at any time and without notice.Be aware that it is not a traditional character meal .Remy rolls thru the dining room on a serving cart starting at the times listed in a pp.Once he goes thru, he is done, he does not go back for people that may have missed him or might not have been seated on time.We missed him in December b/c we got seated late for our adr

Booking for our December trip in a few weeks. Looking at Chefs de France, but mainly so the kids (8 & 5) can see Remy. Is he always at Chefs de France, or is there a certain time I should book so that we can see him?

THANKS!!!

Not on Sundays. Steve Soares' site lists his schedule as:

Remy Experience
Inside Les Chefs de France.
Monday-Saturday at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 & 5:20pm

Just wanted to pint out that a friend of mine (she's also on DIS) was there on a Monday for an early dinner and Remy never made an appearance. just don't promise your kids if they will be disappointed.

Be aware this is not LIKE a regular character experience.REMY comes thru at the posted times, and he only rolls thru the dining room once.IF you are not seated or miss him, you miss him.He does not Come back around.My advice, do not promise or mention it to your kids.If you see him fine, if not they won't know the difference. We had mentioned it to our 6 yr old , got seated later than our adr time( by alot) and totally missed him.

OK, good to know.

In your experience, what would be the best time to make an ADR for dinner to have the best chance at seeing Remy??

THANKS!

Also, Remy does sometimes break down - if that happens he won't appear at all, because there's only one of him. That makes me think it's always good not to set the kids up if they will be very disappointed if Remy doesn't show.

The only set during dinner is currently listed at 5:20. That means Remy will appear at the dining room at 5:20 and make one circuit. You want to be sure you will be seated prior to 5:20 if you wish to see him, because if you are seated after he passes, he won't return. Best thing to do is probably to make a reservation for about 4:45 to 5.

You do not say when in December you'll be going, but it could be busy. To be safe I would book no later than 4:45, just in case Les Chefs is running late.

As a PP mentioned, he makes a specific circuit of the restaurant and doesn't back track. We were there one day when Remy came out and we were probably the 6th or 7th table to be visited. At the same time a party was being seated at what would have been the 3rd or 4th table on Remy's circuit, but Remy didn't come back to them even though he was still nearby.

He only visits each table briefly, but it's a great experience. The entire circuit takes about 50 minutes.

Kim T :figment:

You do not say when in December you'll be going, but it could be busy. To be safe I would book no later than 4:45, just in case Les Chefs is running late.

As a PP mentioned, he makes a specific circuit of the restaurant and doesn't back track. We were there one day when Remy came out and we were probably the 6th or 7th table to be visited. At the same time a party was being seated at what would have been the 3rd or 4th table on Remy's circuit, but Remy didn't come back to them even though he was still nearby.

He only visits each table briefly, but it's a great experience. The entire circuit takes about 50 minutes.

Kim T :figment:

I agree.My ADR was for 5pm in December...I got seated at 545pm:scared1: Missed Remy..It was busy at the restaurant because it was Free Dining and the Candlelight processional dining packages.

For whatever it's worth, we ate there a few weeks ago at 5:30pm I believe. We never saw him... :confused3

Maybe Disney Dining can give you more insight if you call and speak with someone. Good Luck!

Hmmmmm.....

Seems like it's a total crapshoot (pardon the phrase) as to whether you see him or not. My kids would love him, but I'm not sure I want to risk it when we could have a meal elsewhere with guaranteed character interaction.

Decisions, decisions!!!

Thanks everyone.....very much appreciate your posts.

Hmmmmm.....

Seems like it's a total crapshoot (pardon the phrase) as to whether you see him or not. My kids would love him, but I'm not sure I want to risk it when we could have a meal elsewhere with guaranteed character interaction.

Decisions, decisions!!!

Thanks everyone.....very much appreciate your posts.

FWIW..Remy does not interact all that much.He is a tiny little critter that sits on a rolling cart, puts on a little show and his handler "translates" it is cute, but very quick.If the only reason you are interested in dining here is characters, I would eat elsewhere.

For whatever it's worth, we ate there a few weeks ago at 5:30pm I believe. We never saw him... :confused3

Maybe Disney Dining can give you more insight if you call and speak with someone. Good Luck!

Was it a Sunday?.He is not there at all on Sundays

In my opinion the Disney Dining reservation line can be trusted only to make reservations, not to give specific information about events or menus in any particular restaurant, or specific information about the dining plan beyond whether or not a restaurant accepts it. They have been known to give out incorrect information on a pretty regular basis.

If you did not see Remy at Chefs de France, you were either there on a Sunday or past his appearance times, you missed his circuit, or he was down for technical reasons that day. It is not a "crapshoot." He has scheduled times, and if he is not broken, you will see him if you plan properly around those times. Always give yourself time for the restaurant to seat you prior to his scheduled appearance.

As a previous poster said, it is not "character interaction" like you get from a regular character meal. Remy doesn't speak or sign autographs and he doesn't stay at each table long, he has the whole restaurant to get through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter