*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Hello VGF friends! Would anyone happen to have a link to current kitchen inventory in villas? IE- Types of oven safe bakeware, etc?

When I check I and need help with my luggage do I drive to the villas or to the main building?

When I check I and need help with my luggage do I drive to the villas or to the main building?
Drive to Villas. (With one exception)

You will drive up to the front door of the Villas. There you will meet a non-tipped greeter. This person will let you park right there so you can go in and see if your room is ready. If if you have been notified that your room is ready, you can go directly to your room.

Then back to the greeter and your car. The greeter can call a Bellman (tipped position) for you who will assist with your luggage. These are the same Bellmen who work at the main hotel. My experience with them has been great. They are some of the friendliest, most helpful cast members on property.

But if you prefer, the greeter can get you a cart, and you can place the luggage on the cart and roll the luggage to the room yourself. Also the greeter can provide you a cart, and then store the cart backstage until your room is ready.

I mentioned an exception. If you arrive very late in the evening (I'm thinking 10PM or later, but It could be 9PM), you will need to check in at the front desk in the main hotel. Even if you have been notified that your room is ready, until you have opened your room door for the first time, your Magic Band will not operate the exterior doors, unless you check in.

New VGF owner here! The point charts and lack of a walkway have previously prevented us from staying, but the fact that the hotel, grounds, and villas are stunning, coupled with the walkway opening, pushed us over the edge. We’re so happy to have this as a home resort!

:welcome: and Congrats!!!!! I’ll be happy to add you to the Owners List!!

I've been pushing my current trip back from April to June to now August and am interested in renting a cabana by the pool for a day. Are they booked pretty early on or do I have some time to watch how covid plays out before I commit to a reservation?

We are checking in on 12/30 (my daughters birthday!) to stay here for the first time. Can anyone tell me the closest refillable mug location?

Also is there a place I can check to see what time the monorail, the ferry, and the buses start running?
Thanks!

We love VGF, but were told they were sold out when we bought in 2018. (I didn't know anything about resales at the time). Now I am told I might be able to get a contract that DVC bought back (ROFR).

Question: We always stay at GF or VGF (as a cash price) the 1st week of December. Are studios or 1 Br difficult to book at 11 months? If I am able to book for that week as an owner, then I will be working on adding points ASAP.

We are checking in on 12/30 (my daughters birthday!) to stay here for the first time. Can anyone tell me the closest refillable mug location?

Also is there a place I can check to see what time the monorail, the ferry, and the buses start running?
Thanks!

Sounds like a great trip!! (My DD’s birthday is the day after yours!!) She really wants to go one year for her birthday!! Maybe next year!! Gasparilla’s is the closest. I saw they had a table set up in front of the machines when we went in for a Mickey Bar one night! There were two CM’s there to get drinks for you. Hope you have a great time!

We love VGF, but were told they were sold out when we bought in 2018. (I didn't know anything about resales at the time). Now I am told I might be able to get a contract that DVC bought back (ROFR).

Question: We always stay at GF or VGF (as a cash price) the 1st week of December. Are studios or 1 Br difficult to book at 11 months? If I am able to book for that week as an owner, then I will be working on adding points ASAP.

I personally haven’t had any trouble, but the 1st week of December is one of the busiest for DVC. Good luck, hope you get your points!

Well our offer was accepted by the sellers today for a 125 point resale contract! Now the waiting for Disney to pass on ROFR! Fingers crossed for some pixie dust to come our way and this to happen quickly! VGF is our favorite resort (we own at CC, but have been using our points at VGF when we can!). We'll happily be owners at both! CC will be for family trips and VGF is just for DH and me! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter