*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Well our offer was accepted by the sellers today for a 125 point resale contract! Now the waiting for Disney to pass on ROFR! Fingers crossed for some pixie dust to come our way and this to happen quickly! VGF is our favorite resort (we own at CC, but have been using our points at VGF when we can!). We'll happily be owners at both! CC will be for family trips and VGF is just for DH and me! :)
We own at CC and VGF as well! Both wonderful resorts!

I was just able to extend my 4 nights at VGF to 6 nights for spring break. Woohoo! The videos of the 1 bedrooms look so nice and I'm really looking forward to our trip. We're doing 1 night in an SSR studio (my home resort) then moving to VGF.

I was just able to extend my 4 nights at VGF to 6 nights for spring break. Woohoo! The videos of the 1 bedrooms look so nice and I'm really looking forward to our trip. We're doing 1 night in an SSR studio (my home resort) then moving to VGF.

That was my split in November!!!!! SSR/VGF! Have a great time!!!

I noticed that the room view for 1415 had some overgrown at the time trees that blocked views of the wedding pavilion. Interesting that there are only two months between. I'll see if my wife has any day photos. Great standard view room. Gorgeous sunsets.

20201218_180948.jpg
20201218_175000.jpg
20201218_180937.jpg

We love VGF, but were told they were sold out when we bought in 2018. (I didn't know anything about resales at the time). Now I am told I might be able to get a contract that DVC bought back (ROFR).

Question: We always stay at GF or VGF (as a cash price) the 1st week of December. Are studios or 1 Br difficult to book at 11 months? If I am able to book for that week as an owner, then I will be working on adding points ASAP.

That's a very very difficult week to book. Stay happy and keep staying at GF for that week.

Well our offer was accepted by the sellers today for a 125 point resale contract! Now the waiting for Disney to pass on ROFR! Fingers crossed for some pixie dust to come our way and this to happen quickly! VGF is our favorite resort (we own at CC, but have been using our points at VGF when we can!). We'll happily be owners at both! CC will be for family trips and VGF is just for DH and me! :)

Well, never mind and good luck.

Hello everyone - Just booked our first trip with our resale points! Heading the first 2 weeks of Sept 2021 and grabbed a 2BR lockout (SV) at the same points as a 2BR dedicated (SV). We purchased this contract with my parents who are accompanying us so having the lockoff will help provide some privacy when they need to just get away from the kids or access without waking the kids up.

A few Questions -
Any recommendations for what rooms / room we should be requesting?

Depending on the COVID situation and level of vaccination in our family unit we may drive instead of fly. We did this last year right when DIS opened, but our execution of driving didn't go so well (arrived the night before and stayed at a resort off property for 1 night and then moved over to SSR). Any suggestions on how to get the greatest bang for your buck when you are driving in? We will be coming in from the Charlotte area so ~ 8 hours with a 4 & almost 3 year old when we go.

Depending on the COVID situation and level of vaccination in our family unit we may drive instead of fly. We did this last year right when DIS opened, but our execution of driving didn't go so well (arrived the night before and stayed at a resort off property for 1 night and then moved over to SSR). Any suggestions on how to get the greatest bang for your buck when you are driving in? We will be coming in from the Charlotte area so ~ 8 hours with a 4 & almost 3 year old when we go.

Our drive is 9-10 hours with 5 and 2 year olds and we've done it differemt ways. We've done different combinations of leaving early (like 4am) and driving straight through vs leaving the night before and stopping 3-4 hours away so we are not exhausted on first day. We've gone straight to the resort some times and other times booked a standalone night at a value or something offsite. We value park time when we get in so we like going part of the way the "night before" and getting a room on way.

If the grandparents are traveling I'd listen to what they are comfortable doing. It might be leaving at 8am and going straight to VGF so yall dot have to move in and out to save a few bucks. If you're there for two weeks I don't think there's any rush to get to a park on first day. I'd take it easy and make it a resort day. Get in and unpack and get groceries delivered. I'd suggest an early dinner reservation at the resort and pool time after. Of course you could instead cook dinner in your room.

Hello everyone - Just booked our first trip with our resale points! Heading the first 2 weeks of Sept 2021 and grabbed a 2BR lockout (SV) at the same points as a 2BR dedicated (SV). We purchased this contract with my parents who are accompanying us so having the lockoff will help provide some privacy when they need to just get away from the kids or access without waking the kids up.

A few Questions -
Any recommendations for what rooms / room we should be requesting?

We’re driving down from the RTP area in a couple days and it takes about 9ish hours. I’m packing the car the night before and plan on being on the road by 6 am (earlier if possible) so we can have lighter traffic on 95 South through NC and SC. I’m hoping to be in WDW by 5 pm. My kids don’t do well with overnight drives; so this is better for us. They’ll turn 7 on our trip.

That's a very very difficult week to book. Stay happy and keep staying at GF for that week.

That was what I was thinking. So we backed out of the resale and just bought a Fixed Week for the studio! Way more money, but we are guaranteed to be where we want, when we want. Now I can truly say we are owners at VGF, as the points have already been loaded in! My heart is happy! :)

That was what I was thinking. So we backed out of the resale and just bought a Fixed Week for the studio! Way more money, but we are guaranteed to be where we want, when we want. Now I can truly say we are owners at VGF, as the points have already been loaded in! My heart is happy! :)
Just what I was going to suggest. Welcome Home!!

Congrats!!! 🍾 🎉 Welcome Home! I’ll add you to the Owners List!!

Just finished an amazing stay. Here is our view from room 1314. Lake view studio

Attachments

• 5077EA25-CFFC-4D3C-AF67-50B80C13A09C.jpeg
    5077EA25-CFFC-4D3C-AF67-50B80C13A09C.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 400538AA-DFC9-4E84-BCF6-1568F8256B6E.jpeg
    400538AA-DFC9-4E84-BCF6-1568F8256B6E.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 096D85D4-5F70-4C90-BC56-B3EA805E71B9.jpeg
    096D85D4-5F70-4C90-BC56-B3EA805E71B9.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 24

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter