The Official Polynesian Resort FAQ thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all the Poly experts:yay:
Is it easier to walk to TTC and catch a bus to AK and MGM (DHS)? Or should we just take the bus from the Poly bus stop. We have requested Tokelau, Tahiti, so hopefully we will be close to TTC. I know to catch the Epcot monorail, that is the way to go, but what about the other 2 parks?

What's best?

We had no problem catching the bus from Poly to AK and MGM. Really enjoyed talking to people around us. :) The longest it took was a 20 min. wait for bus back to Poly from MGM at night. We stayed LVC and the walk was nothing. The grounds are so beautiful. ;) The monorail was so easy and fun. On our last morning we rode the monorail around 5 times before we caught ME. :cloud9:
Have fun!

I just read on another site that he has met his limit for the month & it will be reset on the 4th of the month. I have been dying to get in there & see what he has to offer we are thinking of staying at the Poly in Sept. We are booked in CBR but since Uncle Sam might give us extra money back(rebate check) we thought why not give it to Disney. This is a dream of my mom's & we probabaly be a trip of a lifetime. So anyone want to tell me info about the Poly, please do so. I have been reading through this thread. Great info so far can't wait to hear more.

Hey all the Poly experts:yay:
Is it easier to walk to TTC and catch a bus to AK and MGM (DHS)? Or should we just take the bus from the Poly bus stop. We have requested Tokelau, Tahiti, so hopefully we will be close to TTC. I know to catch the Epcot monorail, that is the way to go, but what about the other 2 parks?

What's best?

It really depends. :goodvibes If you're not in a real hurry (which for me means I want to stop at the Kona Island coffee bar first), the bus stop at the Poly is fine. Be aware that the bus will stop at the Grand Floridian first and then head toward its destination. If you are in a hurry, catching the bus from the TTC will go directly to AK and DHS with no stops in betweeen.

I like to enjoy my coffee before getting on the bus so I like to catch it at the Poly. ;)

Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

I may should have posted this on the restaurant board, but I thought you guys would know the answer since this thread is specifically about the Poly.

With the new dining plan, what type of snack can we get with our credits? i.e. coffee at the Kona Bar? Anything from Capt. Cooks?

I read the big Dining Snacks thread on the Restaurant board and there is nothing listed for the Poly. Anyone been there yet this month to know?:confused3

The thing about the buses is that they run every 20 minutes from the TTC.

I think from what others have posted, the frequency at the resorts depends on demand. So it could be faster or slower than the TTC.

The only thing about the TTC route is if we all start going there, the demand will go down at the Polynesian.:confused3

On a side note, when returning to the Polynesian, hop on whichever comes first....TTC or Polynesian. That's an advantage no other resort enjoys.

The thing about the buses is that they run every 20 minutes from the TTC.

I think from what others have posted, the frequency at the resorts depends on demand. So it could be faster or slower than the TTC.

The only thing about the TTC route is if we all start going there, the demand will go down at the Polynesian.:confused3

This is something we noticed last August. The Poly is great for monorail access to MK, access to the Epcot monorail at TTC. However when we went to AK, DHS or Downtown Disney we waited at least 20 minutes for each bus. I know timing is an issue and we were probably just unlucky but this was a bit of a let down.

Also, the busses were crowded due to their infrequency I suppose. On a couple of occasions when we stopped at GF we couldn't let all of the people on who we waiting. This had to be annoying for them.

This is something we noticed last August. The Poly is great for monorail access to MK, access to the Epcot monorail at TTC. However when we went to AK, DHS or Downtown Disney we waited at least 20 minutes for each bus. I know timing is an issue and we were probably just unlucky but this was a bit of a let down.

Also, the busses were crowded due to their infrequency I suppose. On a couple of occasions when we stopped at GF we couldn't let all of the people on who we waiting. This had to be annoying for them.

We've stayed at 2 monorail resorts (Polynesian and Grand Floridian) and 1 Magic Kingdom resort (Wilderness Lodge) and the bus system left a lot to be desired at all 3. :confused3

DH and I tend to spend most of our time at the MK and Epcot, so the Polynesian works perfectly for us. We take the boat or monorail to the MK, and walk to TTC for the Epcot monorail.

On our next trip in May we'll have our aunt with us who hasn't been to WDW in over 20 years and has NEVER been to Disney Studios or Animal Kingdom, so we'll HAVE to make use of the bus system during this trip. I'll report back and let everyone know how it was during our trip.

Honestly, I think that there are good AND bad bus experiences for every single WDW resort; and some people find this hard to believe but the only time I can remember having a GOOD bus experience was during our stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm sure it's because that resort doesn't share a bus with any other resort.

Thanks to all of you for posting Poly info. :flower3:

We are staying at the Poly for the first time this August. I, too, am curious about Captain Cook's. I read much about Kona, Ohana, and Spirit, but not as much about Captain Cook's. Does anyone know what snack credits are there? Any reviews? Just wondering if we should stick with Kona for basics. We visited the Polynesian last July and it seemed crowded. My son also thought it smelled a little funny. He is much more sensitive about those things than me. Seemed OK to me. We are looking forward to 24 hour Dole Whips. Does anyone know if they are on the DDP? Also, I am a huge Wishes fan. Is the music piped in at the beach? At Ohana? Whew. I think I have gotten a lot off my chest now.

Nope, one more thing. It looks like the Mahi mahi at Kona is gone, for now. Anyone know anything about this? Hope it comes back.

A last note - I will not believe I am actually staying at the Poly until I am there; never thought I would have the chance. :woohoo:

Thanks to all of you for posting Poly info. :flower3:

We are staying at the Poly for the first time this August. I, too, am curious about Captain Cook's. I read much about Kona, Ohana, and Spirit, but not as much about Captain Cook's. Does anyone know what snack credits are there? Any reviews? Just wondering if we should stick with Kona for basics. We visited the Polynesian last July and it seemed crowded. My son also thought it smelled a little funny. He is much more sensitive about those things than me. Seemed OK to me. We are looking forward to 24 hour Dole Whips. Does anyone know if they are on the DDP? Also, I am a huge Wishes fan. Is the music piped in at the beach? At Ohana? Whew. I think I have gotten a lot off my chest now.

Nope, one more thing. It looks like the Mahi mahi at Kona is gone, for now. Anyone know anything about this? Hope it comes back.

A last note - I will not believe I am actually staying at the Poly until I am there; never thought I would have the chance. :woohoo:

For snacks at capt cooks you can get dole whips.....bagged chips, doritos, etc........all kinds of ice creams.........baked goods, pastries, etc.......
yes you can hear the wishes music piped in when you watch from the beach in front of the volcano pool.
i think its piped in at ohana, we didn't eat there so i am not positive.
the food at capt cooks was pretty good........i agree it does have a funny smell, i am thinking from the grill, not sure, but i agree with your son.
but i would still stay at the poly and eat at capt cooks.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter