The Official Polynesian Resort FAQ thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So....we have ressies 3/29-4/02 for Garden View....who do I contact to request Samoa bldg or something similar? Do I call the ressie line or do I fax something into the hotel. With all the stuff I have read I have become very confused on this aspect. Thanks!

You can request to be upgrades even after you make your reservations. We went to the poly in Aug '06 and had a concierge garden view room reserved. i called about four weeks before check-in and asked if we could be put on a list to be upgraded to Magic kingdom view if possible. When we checked in we found that we had been upgrades to a PERFECT castle view. Room 3502 I believe. I was close to the Pool, lounge, boat launch, and had the best view! the Fireworks were perfect from our balcony. It was the Hawaii building. Have a great time at the Poly- it is my favorite!princess:

We are going to the Poly on 3/30 through 4/5 and it is already sold out! I guess it will be very crowded. The only request we would have is a balcony. Do you think it will be hard to get? If so, are the rooms without a balcony bigger?

So....we have ressies 3/29-4/02 for Garden View....who do I contact to request Samoa bldg or something similar? Do I call the ressie line or do I fax something into the hotel. With all the stuff I have read I have become very confused on this aspect. Thanks!

You can call the ressie line and have them add it to your reservation. From what I understand faxes don't work any more.

We're going in August... our first time at the Poly and our first trip to WDW since 1990.

I'm not even sure what I would request in a room. (We booked Garden View.) My kids would love to be near the pool, but probably not so near that the noise keeps them up at night.

My husband and I would love to be able to get tired kids off a monorail or bus and right into bed.

And, of course, a balcony with a view would be nice.

So... do I just leave it to chance and assume that whatever I get will be great?

You've got a few things to consider. We stayed in Samoa which had a great view of the pool and was pretty close to the GCH and thus the monorail stop. The sound from the pool did not bother us at night. Honestly, I didn't really hear much of anything.

You could also try Rarotonga which is very close to the GCH and has views of the Quiet pool on one side and overlooks the parking lot on the other, however I understand that you don't see much of the parking lot due to landscaping, and is not that far from the volcano pool. It is also very near the bus stop.

Thank you for the responses, I will make sure to ask for Tahiti. I'm not sure how much we will use the refillable mugs, but I'm sure the beauty of the walk will make it seem shorter.

In January 2007, we were in a MK view room on the 3rd floor of Tahiti. PP's have mentioned it's a longer walk from the GCH, BUT it's a closer walk to the TTC and the MK ferry!

In January 2007, we were in a MK view room on the 3rd floor of Tahiti. PP's have mentioned it's a longer walk from the GCH, BUT it's a closer walk to the TTC and the MK ferry!

I was thinking about asking for an upper floor room, but is there a side of the Tahiti building that has a better view?

Funny thing is we didn't know we were neighbors until we posted room views on the Poly Pic thread. It would have been nice to run into her there after meeting on the board. We could have compared notes.

I think there was another person who was across the hall from where we were--and they also posted on the Poly Pics thread. Yeah, it really would have been great to meet up and chat. :goodvibes

Unfortunately we couldn't do the Poly this summer because we're moving. With moving bills and summer camp for DD8, the Disney vacation got postponed until Christmas--much to the joy of our relatives who live in central Florida.

"It's a small world after all!!!" :rolleyes1

And I had JUST gotten that song out of my head....LOL! I was actually considering a trip to Disneyland in August because it's a small world would be closed for renovations. :lmao:

Okay..so we got a 40% :cool1: off a Gardenview at the Poly for the 12/13 of December....need to move the original dates due to the discount...and there was no lagoon views available they said...but to keep calling back and asking for one.

So...if we stay at a Garden view....what do you recomend for a longhouse that will have some/water view as a good likleyhood???

They do not offer the conceigre rooms at the discount.:headache:

Thank you all for the help!!!:hug:

So...if we stay at a Garden view....what do you recomend for a longhouse that will have some/water view as a good likleyhood???

I'd shoot for the Fiji longhouse. The side facing the marina definitely has some water views. I *think* Samoa does have a few water view rooms but you'd have to be on the 3rd floor or so. Tokelau may have some GV rooms with water views as well. :goodvibes

Is Tikiman's website officially closed?:confused3 I haven't been able to get on since I started checking a couple of weeks ago. I used it a lot when I planned our Poly vacation in 2006. Any word?

Tikiman! Where are you?!!

Sometimes towards the end of the month the site goes down due to bandwith issues. Not sure if that's what's happened ... I'm getting a message about high traffic making the site unavailable right now.

Anyway, it's still there for sure -- I'm on his email list and just got an update a few days ago. So hang in there -- I'm sure it'll be back! :)

Just reposting this for those of you who missed it a couple pages back. ;) You should be able to get to his site on Friday.

Just reposting this for those of you who missed it a couple pages back. ;) You should be able to get to his site on Friday.
Sweet!!:banana:
Is there any way you can put a link to his site or PM it to me, so I'll have it when he's back up on Friday. I had it on my old laptop, but since I had fallen in love with the WL and never thought I'ld stay anywhere else, I didn't put it on the new one. I tried to find it after I booked the Poly, but I couldn't find it. Thank you in advance .:flower3:

Sweet!!:banana:
Is there any way you can put a link to his site or PM it to me, so I'll have it when he's back up on Friday. I had it on my old laptop, but since I had fallen in love with the WL and never thought I'ld stay anywhere else, I didn't put it on the new one. I tried to find it after I booked the Poly, but I couldn't find it. Thank you in advance .:flower3:

I don't think this site will even allow a PM w/the url in it ... PM me your email address and I'll take care of it. ;)

It's the DIS Board's Policy. They have the right to block what they wish. We are just guests.

As you can tell from most of my posts I am a huge tikiman website fan. It is indispensable for Poly lovers. But I understand that the DIS can do what they want for whatever reason they want.

It's probably best that we just move on and not discuss this anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter