The Official Polynesian Resort FAQ thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ProudMommyof2, How & where did you get the 40% off POLY code?

I had been reading here on the DIS that Disney was sending postcards and emails to select people ( no one seems to know how they choose, except to make sure you are registered on their site). Some people never received anything but called and asked if they had a pin code associated with their names and they did. For more info go to the code sub forum on the resort forum.

Anyway, I have been calling 2-3 x/week and told no codes. Well last night, I called again and this awesome CM checked under mine and my hubby's name and lo and behold there was a 40% code attached to my husband's name! The moral to this story is keep trying and do not let a CM convince you they can not check or that if you had a code, you would have had a postcard or email!

Hello everyone
We'll be at the Poly from Dec 10th thru 16TH--So Excited!!
We got the 40% code--posted our whole story under the 40% code thread. Keep Calling!! Ask them to check under everyones name in your household, and sign up for the planning dvd. If you find an unfriendly CM--hang up and try again.

Good Luck!!

DFI got a 30% off code. Would they give him 30% and me 40%? Should I start calling to see if I had a 40%? Is it going to make that big of a difference?

I'll keep calling, but a very nice CM helped me today. No code now, but she said I'd had one that had expired (who knew????)
She said Disney notifies by phone or e-mail (hadn't happened to me), so I now know that it's better to call every once in a while to check on a code.

Does Tokelau have two or three floors? I'm going to call and make another request for a balcony room and I was curious. Thanks

Tokelau has three floors. It has balconies on the 2nd and 3rd floors.

Niue is the longhouse with only two floors.

Oh, good catch, CR Fan. You're right, my bad.:headache: Since it's an all suites building and out of my league, I forget all about it!!!!
I know it's only a Longhouse with all suites, but I was just referring to their number of floors and nothing to do with the suites.

I know it's only a Longhouse with all suites, but I was just referring to their number of floors and nothing to do with the suites.

Oh, I know. I told you good catch on my mistake. Tonga does indeed have but two stories!

I just personally forget about Tonga when we're all discussing views, locations, balconies, etc.. I shouldn't but I do.

I just personally forget about Tonga when we're all discussing views, locations, balconies, etc.. I shouldn't but I do.
It's an honest mistake and I am sure others would also make it, if they never stayed at a suite in the Polynesian. Also how many times does Tonga ever get mentioned on here, which could be a reason why.

For me, it's not a matter of it being mentioned but rather that we'll probably never book a suite.

In addition, it's tucked back in and inconspicuous. I'm sure that suits those that do book it very well.

First off we are thinking about staying at the POLY in Sept/Oct. I am reading through this thread & I am currently on page 150. So hopefully by the time I get to this I will have some answers. We are thinking of requesting building Tokelau, what would be good as a second request for a building. I have also noticed that a lot of people have been upgraded when checked in. THose of you have been upgraded have you ever requested a building & still been upgraded. I don't want to shot myself in the foot if I could possibly get a free upgrade but I also want a view other than the parking lot. Any info that anyone could enlighten me with would great about the POLY. I am trying to get all the info that I can get.

CUE ME IN
we are booked for dec 7-14 2008
first time at poly
garden view room
with ddp
where should i request, don t care to much about the pool, especially in december... with the weather and all
but zoie being just 2 at time of travel:cloud9:
i can see us going back for naps and such
tia

We were in Tokelau last week. We had requested that longhouse again after staying there is Jan. of 2007. We asked for (and got) rooms facing the Quiet Pool. But either side of the building has good (sideways) views of the castle and fireworks.
Our families had five rooms, second floor with balconies, 2907 through 2911. The room of ours closest to the water was 2911, but there are more rooms down the hall of the building (toward the water). Our family in 2911 had the best of our views.
Odd and even number rooms are all on the same side of the hall. I didn't look to see what the numbers were on the other side of the hall.
Tokelau is centrally located, easy to get to the lobby and to the TTC.

CUE ME IN
we are booked for dec 7-14 2008
first time at poly
garden view room
with ddp
where should i request, don t care to much about the pool, especially in december... with the weather and all
but zoie being just 2 at time of travel:cloud9:
i can see us going back for naps and such
tia

We stayed in Tokelau this past December( 10th thru 15th)
2nd floor on quiet pool side--wonderful room. You could see MK fireworks from sideways view at night. The room was really large and we had plenty of space--crib and all. oh by the way-- you can request an actual crib and not pack-n-play at the polynesian.
Believe it or not we were in and out of the pool quite frequently with avg temps 82 to 87. Kids had a blast and we found that the quiet pool was wonderfully convenient for the 1/2 hr dip before dinner.
I found this longhouse ideally situated as you only had a 5 min walk to the TTC or GCH. We walked to the TTC to catch the direct monorail to epcot and MK--we found it much quicker than the resort monorail

Have FUN!!

Hey all the Poly experts:yay:
Is it easier to walk to TTC and catch a bus to AK and MGM (DHS)? Or should we just take the bus from the Poly bus stop. We have requested Tokelau, Tahiti, so hopefully we will be close to TTC. I know to catch the Epcot monorail, that is the way to go, but what about the other 2 parks?

What's best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter