• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Just noticed that there’s a message on the website stating new room or package reservation could not be added at this time. Let’s hope those discounts are getting put together for December!

December friends, tell me that my girls will be able to swim in the afternoon? DH thinks I’m crazy (I mentioned packing swimsuits), but I heard The pools are heated and ok for the adventurous swimmer? We live in E TN and typically get in my mom’s pool in April if the water temp gets above 75

December friends, tell me that my girls will be able to swim in the afternoon? DH thinks I’m crazy (I mentioned packing swimsuits), but I heard The pools are heated and ok for the adventurous swimmer? We live in E TN and typically get in my mom’s pool in April if the water temp gets above 75

Disney pools are heated to 82 degrees. I am not a fan of swimming unless it’s 90+ degrees out, but my son has swam at Disney when it was 50 degrees and did fine. It’s just cold when he gets out!

We have done it and the water is nice even on a chilly day. Getting out is bad, but we survived. The splash pad was the worst as we had to stand in the cold air while our daughter played. Swimming was her favorite thing to do on that trip so we swam!

Disney pools are heated to 82 degrees. I am not a fan of swimming unless it’s 90+ degrees out, but my son has swam at Disney when it was 50 degrees and did fine. It’s just cold when he gets out!
We have done it and the water is nice even on a chilly day. Getting out is bad, but we survived. The splash pad was the worst as we had to stand in the cold air while our daughter played. Swimming was her favorite thing to do on that trip so we swam!
Thank you! I think we will be fine!

Booked our flights! Staying at ASMo 12/20-12/27. We know it’s going to me a mad house but can’t wait to be at Disney on Christmas!

A few Candlelight Processional narrators have been announced:
  • Whoopi Goldberg – 12/6-12/7
  • Pat Sajak – 12/16-12/18
  • Steven Curtis Chapman – 12/22-12/24
  • Edward James Olmos – 12/25-12/26
See here for the announcement. More to be added!

Also, a new holiday fireworks show has been announced! See here for that annoucement.

So many exciting new things! Adding the info to the intro posts as well.

Last edited:
Hey everybody!

We will be heading down 11/30-12/06 and staying at POP. This morning our ADR window opened and I was able to get everything I was hoping for. I'm planning for a group of 10 so I was preparing myself for the likelihood of having a hard time get reservations for everyone together. Fortunately there were no issues at all!

Hey everybody!

We will be heading down 11/30-12/06 and staying at POP. This morning our ADR window opened and I was able to get everything I was hoping for. I'm planning for a group of 10 so I was preparing myself for the likelihood of having a hard time get reservations for everyone together. Fortunately there were no issues at all!
So glad to hear that!! I have a group of 7 this time and that is a fear of mine too. Fingers crossed I am as successful as you were!! :)

Hey everybody!

I'm a little jealous! I booked today too and wasn't able to get 3 of the reservations we wanted. We had front loaded the tricky ones, so I wasn't surprised by two of them. One was a bit surprising (nothing for the Bon Voyage breakfast for the 3 days I checked), but I have had trouble with it in the past. Oh well. I will keep hunting!

I'm a little jealous! I booked today too and wasn't able to get 3 of the reservations we wanted. We had front loaded the tricky ones, so I wasn't surprised by two of them. One was a bit surprising (nothing for the Bon Voyage breakfast for the 3 days I checked), but I have had trouble with it in the past. Oh well. I will keep hunting!
I'm sorry to hear that! I did notice that there wasn't much available in EPCOT, but I attributed that to the Candlelight Processional Dining Package and figured they might be holding some of the reservation times for that. That could also be true for the Bon Voyage Breakfast if that is the case.

I'm sorry to hear that! I did notice that there wasn't much available in EPCOT, but I attributed that to the Candlelight Processional Dining Package and figured they might be holding some of the reservation times for that. That could also be true for the Bon Voyage Breakfast if that is the case.
That is what I was thinking with Bon Voyage and Garden Grill. I had the same issues in 2017.

My ADR window opened this morning and the only 3 that I had trouble with were Garden Grill, Akerhus and Bon Voyage (all for breakfast). I was thinking the same thing about the Candlelight Processional Dining Packages. Fingers crossed that they open up some more reservations soon!

We will be there December 1-8th! Staying at BLT!

Where is the best place to see Santa at Christmastime? We plan to go to the party but I'd rather not waste time seeing Santa MVMCP.

Epcot or Disney Springs (or another??)???

This is our same experience. Kids had a blast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter