*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Just booked our flights for 12/8! Very thankful I meandered back onto this page yesterday. I was going to wait and book closer to the date knowing the fares usually get a little better, but I took a chance and looked at Southwest. We don't usually fly Southwest. We live in Houston, and Southwest only flies out of one of our airports....which happens to be the one that's over an hour from us. We live 15 mins from the bigger airport which is the one we usually fly out of. But, can't beat the price we got (big sale going on til tomorrow) and got an awesome deal!! So excited!!

AKV Kidani 12/18-12/23. First time staying or visiting this resort. This is our yearly Christmas trip though. We are excited about the new night shows, and that savanna view.

Today is ADR day for us. It's rather anticlimactic when you're on the QS dining plan. The one reservation we really want is a pre-park opening BOG, but I didn't see anything. I do have a reservation finder set up for it, so fingers crossed! I did book a lunch at Via Napoli as we enjoyed it so much last time we were there. Now I just have to wait for CP packages to open up so we can book a Garden Grill reservation. We had so much fun there on our last trip - Pluto noticed my son's sweatshirt from his dance company and they did ballet together at the bar.

December 2-8 for us!

having trouble getting the ADRs i want. got a few during late lunch time instead of dinner.
thinking it might be better with a 18 month old in tow this trip.

also preparing myself for higher crowds then our normal week after thanksgiving trips.

Hi all!
Tomorrow my ADR booking window opens so I am trying to finalize my choices. I am looking for feedback for my overall (very rough) itinerary, as this is my first time planning a Disney trip.

We are going in early December and staying at AKL (rented DVC points) for 7 nights. We will have a rental car for the week. We do not have the dining plan and are planning only 5 TS meals and plan to do breakfast in the room most days. I've started to think about FPPs, but there's still lots of time for that. My plan overall is to rope drop almost every day (my kid is generally up before 6 anyway), hit a bunch of rides in the mornings with relatively early fast passes, then be able to relax and take in all in through the afternoon and evening. I figure that way, if DS5 gets too tired or wants to do something else, it wont be a big deal to leave the parks early.

Arrival day - landing late evening and staying off property.

Real day 1 - Breakfast at the hotel then off to Animal Kingdom Park for an after park opening arrival. Lunch at Tusker House and leaving the park around 5 to check into AKL (we are returning later in the week, so OK with a short day). Settle in and explore the resort. QS dinner or dinner off property.

Day 2 - Rope drop MK and leave around 6 (MVMCP day, we don't have tickets). Head to Wilderness Lodge to take in the Christmas decor and have dinner at Whispering Canyon.

Day 3 - Rope drop Epcot, late lunch at Via Napoli. Likely leave for a midday break and return for evening fun. Probably a QS dinner.

Day 4 - Break day. 1900 Park Fare breakfast, chill at the resort or visit other resorts, Disney Springs and dinner at T-Rex.

Day 5 - Rope drop HS. This one is completely up in the air with SWGE opening and not knowing how that will play out. I am completely content on skipping it, but i know DH and DS5 will want to at least see it. No ADRs planned.

Day 6 - Rope drop AK. No ADRs planned. We will probably do Flame Tree BBQ for lunch and off property dinner.

Day 7 - Rope drop MK, stay through lunch, leave for midday break and return for MVMCP. I'm looking for dining recommendations this day!

Day 8 - Pack up and cry as we head to the airport.

Any feedback from all of you experts is appreciated (for both dining and overall itinerary)!

Thanks!
Carrie

Hi all!
Tomorrow my ADR booking window opens so I am trying to finalize my choices. I am looking for feedback for my overall (very rough) itinerary, as this is my first time planning a Disney trip.

We are going in early December and staying at AKL (rented DVC points) for 7 nights. We will have a rental car for the week. We do not have the dining plan and are planning only 5 TS meals and plan to do breakfast in the room most days. I've started to think about FPPs, but there's still lots of time for that. My plan overall is to rope drop almost every day (my kid is generally up before 6 anyway), hit a bunch of rides in the mornings with relatively early fast passes, then be able to relax and take in all in through the afternoon and evening. I figure that way, if DS5 gets too tired or wants to do something else, it wont be a big deal to leave the parks early.

Real day 1 - Breakfast at the hotel then off to Animal Kingdom Park for an after park opening arrival. Lunch at Tusker House and leaving the park around 5 to check into AKL (we are returning later in the week, so OK with a short day). Settle in and explore the resort. QS dinner or dinner off property.

Day 2 - Rope drop MK and leave around 6 (MVMCP day, we don't have tickets). Head to Wilderness Lodge to take in the Christmas decor and have dinner at Whispering Canyon.

Day 3 - Rope drop Epcot, late lunch at Via Napoli. Likely leave for a midday break and return for evening fun. Probably a QS dinner.

Day 4 - Break day. 1900 Park Fare breakfast, chill at the resort or visit other resorts, Disney Springs and dinner at T-Rex.

Day 5 - Rope drop HS. This one is completely up in the air with SWGE opening and not knowing how that will play out. I am completely content on skipping it, but i know DH and DS5 will want to at least see it. No ADRs planned.

Day 6 - Rope drop AK. No ADRs planned. We will probably do Flame Tree BBQ for lunch and off property dinner.

Day 7 - Rope drop MK, stay through lunch, leave for midday break and return for MVMCP. I'm looking for dining recommendations this day!

Any feedback from all of you experts is appreciated (for both dining and overall itinerary)!

Thanks!
Carrie
Moved you to the December trip planning thread for greater assistance regarding your itinerary. 😊

Hi all!

Thanks!
Carrie

Welcome to the December group! Looks like a great trip! My only real suggestion is to consider staying at AKL for a Boma breakfast on your break day. The car will make getting to GF for 1900 Park Fare easier, but AKL is wonderful and Boma is a great meal. Of course, you won't get characters, so that may make Boma a bad choice. If you want to stick with 1900 Park Fare, you might consider a late breakfast so you can have a slow start (with food in the room as needed) and then head over for your breakfast and maybe touring the monorail resorts.

If you want to join the roll call, just let me know your travel dates.

Welcome to the December group! Looks like a great trip! My only real suggestion is to consider staying at AKL for a Boma breakfast on your break day. The car will make getting to GF for 1900 Park Fare easier, but AKL is wonderful and Boma is a great meal. Of course, you won't get characters, so that may make Boma a bad choice. If you want to stick with 1900 Park Fare, you might consider a late breakfast so you can have a slow start (with food in the room as needed) and then head over for your breakfast and maybe touring the monorail resorts.

If you want to join the roll call, just let me know your travel dates.

Thanks for the suggestion! We want the character experience at 1900 but will consider another breakfast at Boma.

Our travel dates are Dec 7-Dec 14.

Has anyone tried booking a holiday sleigh ride?

I did not see times loaded online and called the recreation number a few times this past week. The last CM I spoke with this morning said Disney is not having them this year because of construction and the horses are being moved offsite. I assume it is the DVC/River Country construction, but just wanted to see if anyone else heard the same?

I did not see times loaded online and called the recreation number a few times this past week. The last CM I spoke with this morning said Disney is not having them this year because of construction and the horses are being moved offsite. I assume it is the DVC/River Country construction, but just wanted to see if anyone else heard the same?
That would make a lot of sense. Rumor is that the Pioneer Hall will be getting a significant upgrade too. (from a Reliable source) If so, that area of Fort Wilderness will be a mess.

That would make a lot of sense. Rumor is that the Pioneer Hall will be getting a significant upgrade too. (from a Reliable source) If so, that area of Fort Wilderness will be a mess.
Wow, good to know. Thanks!

I was able to book the Hoop Dee Doo for the first week of December. Maybe I got a date prior to the upgrade or maybe Disney will still be running it? Either way I think I am going to plan a backup dinner.

Wow, good to know. Thanks!

I was able to book the Hoop Dee Doo for the first week of December. Maybe I got a date prior to the upgrade or maybe Disney will still be running it? Either way I think I am going to plan a backup dinner.
Yeah, he didn't give us a timeline. Just said it is in the plans. Personally, I'd think that if you have a reservation then they plan on being open. The goal with all these upgrades is to have them done before 10-1-2021, so they have time.

I hadn't tried booking yet so thanks for sharing. Glad I forgot about this item and hadn't mentioned it to my mom yet.

I hadn't tried booking yet so thanks for sharing. Glad I forgot about this item and hadn't mentioned it to my mom yet.
Its kinda been a tradition to do it before HDDR for my family, but we will just have extra time to take in the holiday atmosphere of WL!

Its kinda been a tradition to do it before HDDR for my family, but we will just have extra time to take in the holiday atmosphere of WL!
This is only our second trip during the holiday season, but my mom loved it last time. I will have to find something else to do that will distract her from not doing this again. It shouldn't be a problem with all of the things to see and do.

Our travel dates have changed slightly. We're still arriving on 11/30 but we'll be doing offsite or wherever I can find a decent deal on a room. However, I found a great deal on rented points at the Poly so we'll be there from 12/1-12/8! To say that we are excited is an understatement! This will be our first stay at a deluxe resort and the one we've always wanted to stay at.

I am also looking to book Topolino's Terrace for dinner in December. Waiting to hear when it will take reservations.

This is what is rough about booking 180+ out. I am sure I will also make 1000 changes to my plans. 🤪

Just booked December 9th-December 12th at Pop! So excited because this will be the first time I have seen any of the Disney parks decorated for Christmas. Also, this is a Mom and Me trip! So ready for the next 6 months to fly by!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter