*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Hello everyone :wave:

We aren't official yet but putting down the deposit for CSR 11/30-12/6. Hoping flight prices go down since we aren't booking those right away. We played the good old "we just went on vacation, we can't afford Disney this year" and that lasted about 3 days before I started pricing trips and even though it's the most expensive trip ever, justifying that it's Disney and we can't survive without our annual trip :rotfl2:

We wanted to try somewhere new for hotel but with how expensive this trip is, staying at our favorite CSR seemed like the best decision...especially since we can check out the upgrades!

Now I only have a week to plan for ADRs since our day will be June 4!!

What parks is everyone planning on which days?
I'm totally new to this, so I'm going by Touring Plans crowd calendars. We plan AK on Monday, MK on Tuesday and Thursday, and Epcot (with a very late start) on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. What are your plans?

Here is what I am thinking right now:

12/1: AK
12/2: MK
12/3: HS/EP
12/4: Break/EP
12/5: MK
12/6: EP
12/7: AK

Towards the end of the trip we will likely hit at least two parks per day, but we are flexible on which park based on FP+ availability, wait times, and the whims of a 3 yo. I am terrible at break days, but my parents only have 6 days on their tickets so they will probably skip parks that day. I may just get FPs for the three of us with APs. Or we may brave MK for HEA. We did that in 2017 and the park was unexpectedly an 8 based on TP crowd calendar (predicted 5) due to the parties on all of the surrounding days. I dread doing that again. After HEA it was a zoo.

Right now our plans tentatively are:

6th: Arrive 😍
7th: Relax/Disney Springs
8th: MK
9th: HS
10th: EP
11th: AK
12th: HS
13th: EP
14th: MK (Pick a park day...since we have 6 adults...but MY pick is MK for the last day!)
15th: 😪

Of course, all subject to change as ADR's are made...but so far that's our itinerary!!

We'll be there 12/1-12/6 staying at AS Movies. My daughter will be 16 months and this will be her first time! I'm getting emotional typing this.

Our plans are
2 - arrival day, visit Disney Springs. Hoping for the Christmas Tree trail.
3 - tour monorail resorts and attend MVMCP
4 - MK
5 - HS
6 - AK
7 - EP
8 - EP (Candlelight Processional)
9 home :sad:
I’m torn about doing the Christmas party on Tuesday or Sunday. I feel like it would be an awesome way to end our trip, but I mentioned that I had read Tuesday’s are the least busy as far as MVMCP goes so DS wants to go that night. Those who have been before, is Sunday really that much more busy than Tuesday?

We are thinking
11/30 arrival day - resort hop watch fireworks from our room at Cont.
12/1 - MK with Christmas party?
12/2 - Epcot
12/3 - AK
12/4 - HS Kiddo's birthday this is his favorite park
12/5 - HS
12/6 - MK
12/7 - Resort hop/ Disney springs

We are still not sure about the Christmas party at MK , it depends on if they offer any after hours at HS?

I haven't quite figured out our July park days and now have a Sept trip to plan lol so all I really know for Dec is we'll be in Epcot for NYE and probably AK during the day that day. If I book both the Up Close with Rhinos and Caring for Giants tours we'll do AK another day, probably the 29th, and MK the 30th hopefully with the dessert party. Not sure about a park on our arrival day the 28th as I haven't decided if we'll do HS or not. TOT is my favorite but we aren't SW fans :duck:plus I'll be touring SWGE in Oct for work, so I may just want to avoid the park during our trip.

Now that we are all settled in over on this side, let's talk ADRs! The first batch on the roll call can start making reservations on June 1, which is only 10 days away.

What ADRs does everyone have planned? Any new places you are excited to try or favorite repeat restaurants?

For the first time in years, we're only doing QS. I'm not even going to make an ADR for BOG, which is my favorite restaurant. We're going to try to eat at Docking Bay 7, and I'm pretty excited about that. Some of our QS highlights are Satuli Canteen and CHH.

Ooh, I love talking park plans!

12/8: Arrival day! Depending on flight time, might go to Disney Springs for the Christmas Tree Trail.
12/9: Epcot
12/10: Magic Kingdom and Christmas Party
12/11: Disney Springs for shopping and maybe a movie, then DHS for Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam
12/12: Universal Studios
12/13: Animal Kingdom
12/14: Hollywood Studios
12/15: Rest day, maybe tour the resorts for Christmas decorations.
12/16: Epcot
12/17: Magic Kingdom with another Christmas Party
12/18: Home

Definitely subject to change if they add any After Hours events. We will attend any and all of them. LOVE THEM.

We just booked 12/5-12/11 (trying to make it 12th) @ POP Preferred. While on the phone the cast member told me to make sure I check back June 1st for any new promotions and sounded like she expected to see something released. But I haven’t seen any rumors online of new promos due to Star Wars land. And with southwest bumping back their bookings it’s been a pain to plan this vaca. ADRs are right around the corner also!

We just booked 12/5-12/11 (trying to make it 12th) @ POP Preferred. While on the phone the cast member told me to make sure I check back June 1st for any new promotions and sounded like she expected to see something released. But I haven’t seen any rumors online of new promos due to Star Wars land. And with southwest bumping back their bookings it’s been a pain to plan this vaca. ADRs are right around the corner also!
Oh I hope we get something...anything...of a discount. Would help immensely. Keep our fingers crossed!!

Our plans are
2 - arrival day, visit Disney Springs. Hoping for the Christmas Tree trail.
3 - tour monorail resorts and attend MVMCP
4 - MK
5 - HS
6 - AK
7 - EP
8 - EP (Candlelight Processional)
9 home :sad:
I’m torn about doing the Christmas party on Tuesday or Sunday. I feel like it would be an awesome way to end our trip, but I mentioned that I had read Tuesday’s are the least busy as far as MVMCP goes so DS wants to go that night. Those who have been before, is Sunday really that much more busy than Tuesday?
I have not been to MVMCP before, but I have done many MNSSHP and don’t really seem to notice a difference in crowds based on the day. I would go whichever works best for your plans overall. I’d plan a sleep-in morning after staying out so late, for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter