*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Now that we are all settled in over on this side, let's talk ADRs! The first batch on the roll call can start making reservations on June 1, which is only 10 days away.

What ADRs does everyone have planned? Any new places you are excited to try or favorite repeat restaurants?

So we have done most places already and plan to keep this trip affordable (we went to Destin last month this year as our main trip for this year) so will prob only do 2 table service meals. My youngest requested CP, and my oldest wants H&V, but not sure we will be doing HS so might try for Ohana instead

So we have done most places already and plan to keep this trip affordable (we went to Destin last month this year as our main trip for this year) so will prob only do 2 table service meals. My youngest requested CP, and my oldest wants H&V, but not sure we will be doing HS so might try for Ohana instead

My parents are coming for their second trip with us and my mom was saying she didn't want a lot of table service because there is too much food. Then I mentioned 'Ohana and that changed her mind. :rotfl:

Old favorites:
Tusker House
Be Our Guest
‘Ohana
Crystal Palace
50s Prime Time

New for us:
Hoop-De-Doo Revue
Boatwrights
Homecomin’

We will also definitely be taking an Uber or Lyft to Medieval Times... my son’s favorite.

We share many of the same old faves. Love Tusker House! This was the other meal my mom specifically requested.

Is anyone else watching for the Southwest booking window to open? Our plan is to drive, but my DH loves SW and I could sway him to fly depending on SW's price. It it supposed to open today, but not sure what time.

Also, what I've got planned for our ADRs...
Boathouse (dinner) -New
Sci Fi (dinner) -Repeat
1900 Park Fare (breakfast) -New
Be our guest (lunch) -Repeat
Hoop de doo (dinner) -New
Ohana (dinner) -Repeat

Not looking forward to waking up each flipping morning to make those :mad:

Yesss... totally waiting on Southwest! I believe originally they were supposed to release fares today, then they pushed the date back to late June, now the web site says May 30. We are flying no matter what but I'd like to see how much of my budget airfare is going to take.

We share many of the same old faves. Love Tusker House! This was the other meal my mom specifically requested.

My mom's coming as well, and she also mentioned how much she loves Tusker House, so that's why we're going there too!

We usually don't make many dining reservations ahead of time as we enjoy eating at lounges even when the boys are with us, and just deciding once there where we want to eat. Our schedule changes 90% of the time too once we're there lol but for a NYE trip I'm definitely doing 2 sit downs a day. All I know so far:
Narcoossee's
Cape May for dinner
Garden Grill breakfast
Tiffin's
Be our Guest dinner :headache:

BOG dinner used to be one of our favorite TS meals before the change, we ate there about 8x. However now with the new menu we found the food not good unfortunately. But youngest DS has requested it and since our older DS probably won't be with us I kind of want to eat where younger DS wants to.....still trying to change his mind! We will also almost definitely hit Jock Lindsay's and Tutto Gusto.

We just booked! After tons of waffling we decided on Dec 7 at POR and then a week off site at Windsor Hills. (8-15) Still have to buy tickets, but I’m waiting until I can figure out when and if we’re going to do a MVMCP, or any after hours events, or any EMM.

Ooh. We will definitely do tea Rex and Ohana as they are family favorites. I’m going to try to get storybook dining, too, even though some of the reviews have been less than stellar. :worried:

Ooh. We will definitely do tea Rex and Ohana as they are family favorites. I’m going to try to get storybook dining, too, even though some of the reviews have been less than stellar. :worried:

I had this in place originally instead of our Hoop de doo, and now I am waffling again. Problem is I think my daughter and I would really enjoy Storybook dining, but I know we all would enjoy HDDR. Sigh.

Yesss... totally waiting on Southwest! I believe originally they were supposed to release fares today, then they pushed the date back to late June, now the web site says May 30. We are flying no matter what but I'd like to see how much of my budget airfare is going to take.

Thank you for that, I updated my calendar, and I will check again on the 30th!

Is anyone else watching for the Southwest booking window to open? Our plan is to drive, but my DH loves SW and I could sway him to fly depending on SW's price. It it supposed to open today, but not sure what time.

Also, what I've got planned for our ADRs...
Boathouse (dinner) -New
Sci Fi (dinner) -Repeat
1900 Park Fare (breakfast) -New
Be our guest (lunch) -Repeat
Hoop de doo (dinner) -New
Ohana (dinner) -Repeat

Not looking forward to waking up each flipping morning to make those :mad:

I also am waiting for Southwest's window to open. Don't officially have my PTO approved, but booking anyways ;) We have some free SW flights coming so they are the only one we want to fly.

Now that we are all settled in over on this side, let's talk ADRs! The first batch on the roll call can start making reservations on June 1, which is only 10 days away.

What ADRs does everyone have planned? Any new places you are excited to try or favorite repeat restaurants?

It's our first trip ever with kids. I am so stinking excited. Planning this trip has been stress relief for the last year! DH and I went 12 years ago, but we were childless and just went to Epcot.

My ADRs open on 6/4!!! I'm planning Tiffins (DH's request) on our AK day, Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen (MK Day #1), Ohana for brunch (To celebrate ODD's birthday -- she's our very own Stitch) and Akershus for dinner (Epcot day), and maybe Cape May or maybe Bon Voyage breakfast for the day we go home. I'm going to try to decide on the last two based upon whether we've seen enough of Minnie or not! YDD loves princesses and Minnie Mouse. I'm not excited about the food at Cape May, but we have to do something the morning of going home because we don't have time to go to a park.

We're skipping HS. We're only mild Star Wars fans (shout out to the Trekkies!) and it looked like there was way more for YDD to enjoy at MK (she's on the short side).

We have some free SW flights coming so they are the only one we want to fly.

Nice! Can’t beat free!

We fly out of Memphis and Southwest always has the best prices. Plus free baggage! But if their prices are crazy, we might fly out of Nashville, though I don’t like to.

It's our first trip ever with kids. I am so stinking excited. Planning this trip has been stress relief for the last year! DH and I went 12 years ago, but we were childless and just went to Epcot.

My ADRs open on 6/4!!! I'm planning Tiffins (DH's request) on our AK day, Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen (MK Day #1), Ohana for brunch (To celebrate ODD's birthday -- she's our very own Stitch) and Akershus for dinner (Epcot day), and maybe Cape May or maybe Bon Voyage breakfast for the day we go home. I'm going to try to decide on the last two based upon whether we've seen enough of Minnie or not! YDD loves princesses and Minnie Mouse. I'm not excited about the food at Cape May, but we have to do something the morning of going home because we don't have time to go to a park.

We're skipping HS. We're only mild Star Wars fans (shout out to the Trekkies!) and it looked like there was way more for YDD to enjoy at MK (she's on the short side).

That sounds like an exciting trip! It is fun to see Disney through new eyes. We loved Bon Voyage breakfast! I took my friend and her 7 yo and we went with our 3 yo and it was great both times. The food is great and the character interaction is really fun. I will say that if you think you want it, grab it at 180 days as those reservations go quickly.

Were going 12/4-12/7! This will be our first stay at WL as DVC owners of CCV. Can’t wait to go home! Only 13 days until ADR’s woohoo

Hello everyone :wave:

We aren't official yet but putting down the deposit for CSR 11/30-12/6. Hoping flight prices go down since we aren't booking those right away. We played the good old "we just went on vacation, we can't afford Disney this year" and that lasted about 3 days before I started pricing trips and even though it's the most expensive trip ever, justifying that it's Disney and we can't survive without our annual trip :rotfl2:

We wanted to try somewhere new for hotel but with how expensive this trip is, staying at our favorite CSR seemed like the best decision...especially since we can check out the upgrades!

Now I only have a week to plan for ADRs since our day will be June 4!!

What parks is everyone planning on which days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter