• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

I had my AKV trip beginning of Dec and stayed at Kidani. I was curious, where does one normally fill up the resort mugs at Kidani? They had a temporary setup in Johari Treasures. Basically fountain drinks and coffee. If you stayed at Jambo, you were screwed. Nothing was open except maybe Uzima Springs.

I had my AKV trip beginning of Dec and stayed at Kidani. I was curious, where does one normally fill up the resort mugs at Kidani? They had a temporary setup in Johari Treasures. Basically fountain drinks and coffee. If you stayed at Jambo, you were screwed. Nothing was open except maybe Uzima Springs.
JT is the usual location, jut a tiny corner of the store. I'm sure the need to have a cast member staff it makes it look even more odd. In the past we could also refill at the pool bar (if one didn't mind the bees always in the area).

JT is the usual location, jut a tiny corner of the store. I'm sure the need to have a cast member staff it makes it look even more odd. In the past we could also refill at the pool bar (if one didn't mind the bees always in the area).

Thanks. Yes I thought is was very strange. The problem we had with Maji was no coffee! But the fountain drinks were available there.

Can anyone tell me what amenities are in the one bedroom at Kidani as far as coffee, dish soap and laundry detergent? I read that towels can be changed out, but are any other items included before I add them to my grocery delivery? Thanks

Can anyone tell me what amenities are in the one bedroom at Kidani as far as coffee, dish soap and laundry detergent? I read that towels can be changed out, but are any other items included before I add them to my grocery delivery? Thanks
Re: Laundry detergent, the room comes with one box for one load. It may be cheaper to just buy the individual packets in the laundry room than a whole jug at the store. It depends on how many loads you'll need to run.

The rooms come with one itty bitty Palmolive dish soap (which tends to be fine for us, and I'm always washing the dishes) and two packs of Dishwasher detergent.
I tend to pack a few Finish dishwasher detergent tablets in my luggage as I'll need them to clean the jets in the tub before anyone considers using it. (1/2 cup of vinegar helps disinfect them too, but I always forget this part.)

So excited! We leave in less than 3 weeks now!!

Our friend gifted us her points she wasn't going to use so we were able to upgrade from SSR standard view to an AKV Savannah view room. We are so thrilled!!

I think what I am going to request when I call member services tomorrow is a room view of the Sunset Savannah, lower floor and near the Timon elevator (with 5 kids under 13, being close to bus service is moderately important).

What else am I missing to try to optimize this gift! We own at SSR but only have 100 points, so this is a rare experience for us. Thank you for your help!

So excited! We leave in less than 3 weeks now!!

Our friend gifted us her points she wasn't going to use so we were able to upgrade from SSR standard view to an AKV Savannah view room. We are so thrilled!!

I think what I am going to request when I call member services tomorrow is a room view of the Sunset Savannah, lower floor and near the Timon elevator (with 5 kids under 13, being close to bus service is moderately important).

What else am I missing to try to optimize this gift! We own at SSR but only have 100 points, so this is a rare experience for us. Thank you for your help!
AKV DVC is 5th floor only (Other than the club level on the 6th floor)
Unless you mean Kidani.
Love AKV. Have fun!

We're staying at Kidani in April, and I am being cautious with the thought that nothing else may open at the resort at all before then. Can anyone tell me what kids areas are open right now? Specifically the splash area and any play areas, if you know! We'll have our 3 year old with us and won't be doing many parks with her.

Booked another trip in December for my birthday Dec 6th-11th... sadly was unable to get Jambo as 2 days were already taken, but I was able to get a Kidani Deluxe Studio Savannah View.

Does anyone know where the animal feeding areas are located on the Kidani side? First time staying there coming up (Savannah studio) and was thinking maybe that would be the best room area to ensure lots of animals? Any other room recs for a studio? I read 3rd or 4th floor is pretty good.

Does anyone know where the animal feeding areas are located on the Kidani side? First time staying there coming up (Savannah studio) and was thinking maybe that would be the best room area to ensure lots of animals? Any other room recs for a studio? I read 3rd or 4th floor is pretty good.

At Kidani I think the 2nd floor is the best as it's the closest to the ground and animals. And then go up from there. :)

Just changed our upcoming reservation from AOA to a deluxe studio at Kidani! We leave in 3 weeks, so now I am frantically trying to find out all I can! A few questions.....1. what restaurants are open? I've read that some may have opened for the holidays only, so wondering what our options are? 2. How crazy do the bus lines get first thing in the morning? Our last trip in November, we lined up 90 minutes before park open for the busses at AOA. Is it as cut throat at AKL to get on an early bus for rope drop? 3. Is the gift shop open? We are beyond excited since this is our first time at AKL.

Just changed our upcoming reservation from AOA to a deluxe studio at Kidani! We leave in 3 weeks, so now I am frantically trying to find out all I can! A few questions.....1. what restaurants are open? I've read that some may have opened for the holidays only, so wondering what our options are? 2. How crazy do the bus lines get first thing in the morning? Our last trip in November, we lined up 90 minutes before park open for the busses at AOA. Is it as cut throat at AKL to get on an early bus for rope drop? 3. Is the gift shop open? We are beyond excited since this is our first time at AKL.

In Dec at Kidani, we walked out of resort at 6:45a, was on bus by 7a and was already in MK and rode Mine Train by 7:40a. We were literally the only ones on the bus. For our AK day, got on bus around same time and was first in line at gates which they let us in at 7:20a.

Sanaa was the only restaurant open and Johari Treasures to fill up mugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter