• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

In Dec at Kidani, we walked out of resort at 6:45a, was on bus by 7a and was already in MK and rode Mine Train by 7:40a. We were literally the only ones on the bus. For our AK day, got on bus around same time and was first in line at gates which they let us in at 7:20a.

Sanaa was the only restaurant open and Johari Treasures to fill up mugs.
Thanks so much!

What exactly is open at Animal Kingdom Lodge for food? I'm going in a few weeks, and everyone is saying "most everything is closed".

Yes, "Sanaa" is open, but when I looked a reservations, the MDE app laughed at me.
Poor Jambo needs to come back to life.

Right now the only things open are little store in Kidani (Jahari), the pool bar at Kidani, and the pool bar (weekends only) at Jambo.

I am about to do the most painful thing I've ever had to do as a DVC member. We had a big trip planned to the Animal Kingdom Lodge in April that we have to cancel now, as the group of friends we are traveling with have all decided to postpone to 2022 (which is the right call, but is sad). But the painful part? I had a *Value Studio* booked for 8 nights, and I've been staring and staring at that cancellation link because do you know how much stalking it took to get 8 days??

Also, I really just want to be at the AKV right now, just watching giraffes and zebras and all the animals from my balcony!

^ Sorry you are cancelling! Is it because of Covid? I am hoping for a vacvone.

I am about to do the most painful thing I've ever had to do as a DVC member. We had a big trip planned to the Animal Kingdom Lodge in April that we have to cancel now, as the group of friends we are traveling with have all decided to postpone to 2022 (which is the right call, but is sad). But the painful part? I had a *Value Studio* booked for 8 nights, and I've been staring and staring at that cancellation link because do you know how much stalking it took to get 8 days??

Also, I really just want to be at the AKV right now, just watching giraffes and zebras and all the animals from my balcony!

I also had to cancel a week in a Value Studio back in September. So depressing.

I'm sorry you had to cancel. I also had to cancel a Value Studio, in August. Was supposed to be our first "Welcome Home" trip :(

I feel the pain. I've cancelled (well, really moved out of) a 2BR value before and I've also cancelled/moved out of Concierge at least 3 times. Only 1 of those was because of the pandemic although I have another in April that I believe will also go so it will be at least 4 times. The others were a choice to stay elsewhere but it still put a sad look on my face when doing it.

In a couple weeks, I have a jambo reservation, but I know it will be a ghost town.
All I wanted was to be able to see the beautiful lobby, enjoy the pool, see the animals, and have a nice meal.

I can do without the crowds, but was a little concerned with food. Everything is closed except Sanaa and that is booked solid out the next few months.

So I did what any disney super fan would do, whenever I sat on the computer for anything, I'd also open the reservation screen, and randomly tap "refresh", "refresh", while doing work. Probobly hit refresh 1,000 times over a couple weeks when a lone reservation time popped up. Mine, yes, mine. lol

In a couple weeks, I have a jambo reservation, but I know it will be a ghost town.
All I wanted was to be able to see the beautiful lobby, enjoy the pool, see the animals, and have a nice meal.

I can do without the crowds, but was a little concerned with food. Everything is closed except Sanaa and that is booked solid out the next few months.

So I did what any disney super fan would do, whenever I sat on the computer for anything, I'd also open the reservation screen, and randomly tap "refresh", "refresh", while doing work. Probobly hit refresh 1,000 times over a couple weeks when a lone reservation time popped up. Mine, yes, mine. lol

I would definitely be pissed if I couldn’t go to Sanaa. Worse case you could do take out. Not the same but it works. We were able to grab an ADR in Dec but also couldn’t resist taking out the bread service the next day.

You will see the beautiful lobby, enjoy a pool with very few people and see all the animals.
We went last month and although we wished Mara and the store were open, it was wonderful.
Loved the quiet experience.

I really hope Jambo is open by December - we have a GV booked for three nights and not sure I would be Anel to switch over to Kidani last minute! Hoping to get all six nights there at 7 months but we shall see! We just bought our points there recently and can’t wait to stay on our own points!

We were there in early January, for what was supposed to be marathon weekend. We had a club level studio and were returned the points for the club level portion on check out day (although I did have to call because they returned the wrong number of points).

I really missed club level and Jambo's store, I love that place, but we still had a fantastic time. I brought bagels and purchased juice and cream cheese from the Kidani store, which made breakfast easy. We did takeout lunch from Sanaa on our balcony one day and ordered in dinner delivery on the balcony another evening, otherwise we mostly ate lunch in the parks and dinner in Disney Springs as we are currently not comfortable eating indoors.

We visited both pools, I am not sure if the kids splash area at the Kidani pool is closed right now in general, but it was not open the day we were there. We had at least one giraffe enjoying the food hanging from the tree outside our room every early afternoon.

We were there in September and while it was not the normal experience it was still quite enjoyable. We used DoorDash a few times which was nice since food options besides Kadanis quick service are non existent. Pools were open and not that crowded. Buses were frequent coming and going to the parks.

A few times at night and the early morning I was the only person in the lobby which is a strange feeling at such a big resort haha.

I will be there Feb 7th in Jambo. I was a bit nervous about the food options, but with them adding mobile to go order for Sanaa that made it a bit easier on my mind for the couple of nights I didn't make an ADR somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter