***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

In my eyes the Kidani rooms really have yet to be beat in terms of size and amenities. The only change I'm hoping they institute would be to the pull out sofas, make them in the style SSR has moved over to: flipped up into the wall. There would be no need to pile on the mattress toppers for whomever is unlucky enough to use it.

I've stayed at OKW down at Turtle Pond Rd, it just wasn't my thing.

I'm not sure if anyone is looking, but a bunch of value rooms have popped up at Jambo for spring and into June! Maybe not a whole week, but lots of 4 night stretches.

I have never sent a package ahead to a resort. Looking to send my Lysol to AKV. Does anyone know the address and if they are currently accepting packages?
I know I have seen threads on this before but I can't find any right now.

I have never sent a package ahead to a resort. Looking to send my Lysol to AKV. Does anyone know the address and if they are currently accepting packages?
I know I have seen threads on this before but I can't find any right now.
They accept packages, google will have the resort address you're looking for. There is a $6 fee per package I believe.

Does Kidani still have the large shampoo dispensers in the bathroom, or due to covid did they go back to the small sample ones?

I've just booked a room for the first week in January at Jambo house. I see the (cash) hotel is not open for reservations yet...as a DVC guest, will we notice a difference? (I know there's no concierge level service, but other than that)?

I've just booked a room for the first week in January at Jambo house. I see the (cash) hotel is not open for reservations yet...as a DVC guest, will we notice a difference? (I know there's no concierge level service, but other than that)?
Only the DVC rooms, front desk and pool are open at Jambo until the rest of the hotel opens. For food and shopping in the AKV resort you need to catch the shuttle at the front of Jambo or walk over to Kidani. The pool bar is also open, but has limited hours. Not sure what they're doing about refillable mugs.

I've heard many people are loving the quietness of the resort this way.

I’ll be coming “home” in Dec to Kidani. Does anyone have bus info such as how early they start running, what time to be at bus stop and how transportation to AK is? I’m looking to rope drop FOP on a weekday and read somewhere that people have gotten in and on FOP before 9. Any info will help. TIA.

As a BLT owner, I am amazed at the thread they have which has maps of all the rooms and a vast majority of pictures of the views posted. Do we have one of those threads for AKL? In a few weeks it will become my majority ownership :)

As a BLT owner, I am amazed at the thread they have which has maps of all the rooms and a vast majority of pictures of the views posted. Do we have one of those threads for AKL? In a few weeks it will become my majority ownership :)
BLT needed the map so people would have an idea if they'd have a chance at getting a view or partial view of the MK and the nightly fireworks.

I don't think we (AKV) ever took on the task of building out a room view map for the resorts as the views from the savanna views are all pretty good. It's more a matter of how far can we walk deal.
We aren't allowed to make requests on value or club level rooms, so no point there.
Standard rooms are really the only ones I could see doing it for.

BLT needed the map so people would have an idea if they'd have a chance at getting a view or partial view of the MK and the nightly fireworks.

I don't think we (AKV) ever took on the task of building out a room view map for the resorts as the views from the savanna views are all pretty good. It's more a matter of how far can we walk deal.
We aren't allowed to make requests on value or club level rooms, so no point there.
Standard rooms are really the only ones I could see doing it for.

I found myself that some of the "non savanna room" views still had a partial savanna room, it just also included a large section that was fenced off / equipment. Just thought it might be a good feature.

I found myself that some of the "non savanna room" views still had a partial savanna room, it just also included a large section that was fenced off / equipment. Just thought it might be a good feature.
Yes, those are the standard view rooms I was talking about.
There is no point to building it out for any of the other categories though, and it's a huge resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter