• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The July 17-20th shutdown is over. Everything is Great Now!

I just found something interesting. When I go into plan a vacation drop down I now have Aulani as a home resort, but I don’t have any contracts or points in my membership for there 🤔
Congratulations on your new membership I guess?

• Haha
Reactions: cm8
Everyone seems to be the same, except now I don't have the 2 or 3 ghost notifications that never went away even though I've read every notification on my dashboard.
I noticed this too, I wasn't sure if they fixed the issue with notifications or they just removed the warning notifications about the shut down 😅

Everyone seems to be the same, except now I don't have the 2 or 3 ghost notifications that never went away even though I've read every notification on my dashboard.
Do you have multiple memberships? I have 2 and it looks like when they migrated the data, they attached both banking notifications (or their respective expand links, at least) to one membership. So, I'd have to edit the link in the devtools to actually open the other one and make the "1" unread notification go away.

I just purchased some SSR additional points about three months ago. What are OTU points?

I do think they've fixed something. I have 10/15-10/17 at BWV in a studio for instance. In the past if I went to modify and looked at those dates, it wouldn't show availability there for 10/15-10/17 (unless there was another room available on top of what I had of course). Now it does show that availability. I'm hoping this means the backend system is now capable of correctly reconciling existing reservations against availability so we won't have the modification issues we've had so much.

That's how it's worked previously and only recently stopped working.

Why would we even think that DVC would update their website to give us members more access and ability to control our membership and reservations. This was the biggest joke and waste of 3 days. Unbelievable!........or actually it is believable. It's Disney.

Anyone else try to book something today and keep getting the 7 dwarfs at the very last moment? It has happened to me on a new reservation and on one I had to modify. What was strange was it let me modify another one no problem.

I don’t really understand why so many people are upset that new features weren’t added. They never said this was a website update. They said it a systems update which to me always indicated something on the backend. Likely they did an optimization of processes and/or databases.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed. When I pull up the Last Minute Getaways. It shows lots of availability for the months of August and September. When you got to actually book the vacation, there is NO availability at all for anything. Is this just my computer or is this happening to everyone? Thanks.

Update: I was getting the 7 dwarfs every time I was trying to modify a reservation for a 2 bedroom that I am taking my mom on the trip with us. I had the box checked for "Not DVC a member" for her and the system would not let me update the reservation. When I did not check that box, there was no issue. I figured it out when I was trying to make a 2 night reservation for a family friend and it would give the dwarfs every time I tried with him as the main guest...until I unchecked that box. Something is up with "not a DVC member" box if anyone else is having issues.
DEFINITELY a problem with that box. When I tried to modify guests, it lets me with the box unchecked and bounces me if any of the guests has that box checked.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed. When I pull up the Last Minute Getaways. It shows lots of availability for the months of August and September. When you got to actually book the vacation, there is NO availability at all for anything. Is this just my computer or is this happening to everyone? Thanks.
Last Minute Getaways are not real time. It's a once a week snapshot. It's always been that way.

AFAIK, this update was never intended to add features or even fix booking glitches. Everything posted otherwise was either pure speculation or wishful thinking.

AFAIK, this update was never intended to add features or even fix booking glitches. Everything posted otherwise was either pure speculation or wishful thinking.
:faint:
Whaaaaaaaat!!! Tell me it isn't so!!!

Well...it was fun thinking about it anyway. :teeth:

Last Minute Getaways are not real time. It's a once a week snapshot. It's always been that way.

Then what the heck were they doing for 3+ days?

The more you know - the sadder you feel about being an owner.

And yes, we as owners, paid for them to have this 3+ day vacation.

Been trying all day. Safari. Chrome. Incognito. Nothing. I get an email telling me "your account was just used to login to DVC" and the page with the window "You're almost there". But I never seem to "Get there". Can someone please remind me of the web address. Thanks

The last minute getaways are WAY wrong though...like the ENTIRE month of August is showing available in ALL categories at HHI. Even if that were updated only once a week, there is NO way that was ever correct. Even Beach Club shows that ALL rooms have availability EVERY night in August.

The last minute getaways are WAY wrong though...like the ENTIRE month of August is showing available in ALL categories at HHI. Even if that were updated only once a week, there is NO way that was ever correct. Even Beach Club shows that ALL rooms have availability EVERY night in August.

They might as well just remove that link, and not show it at all. It's certainly not giving DVC any positive image by having that there, so why bother showing it at all?

Great3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter