The July 17-20th shutdown is over. Everything is Great Now!

If someone is so unhappy, frustrated, and annoyed with something they should sell it and be done with it.

I think that's a little harsh, LOL!!! I am sure most of us love our memberships enough that while website is frustrating and annoying it's not enough to warrant selling. Still, we all want to express our dissatisfaction and get our two cents in. Opinions from freedom of speech, what can I say? :)

Great3

I think that's a little harsh, LOL!!! I am sure most of us love our memberships enough that while website is frustrating and annoying it's not enough to warrant selling. Still, we all want to express our dissatisfaction and get our two cents in. Opinions from freedom of speech, what can I say? :)
I don't think it's any more harsh than people mocking (again) Disney IT folks we don't even know. They took the site down for 2 days, gave ample notice, did whatever migration they were doing, and got it back up by the time they said they would. Now it seems it's good as before -- some have said faster, others mentioned difficulty but it's fine, and this seems like a pretty reasonable project completion to me. This was many pages of gripe cuz it wasn't online at 8am when that was never promised. Then it was insinuated that most guests are dissatisfied with DVC, and I don't believe that to be the case. Outside the disboards or facebook groups you don't get that sentiment. We love ours and the many people we talk to and find out they have DVC have nothing but good to say about it too so those assertions about the member base being overall unhappy are just not true.

Last edited:

Great3

whenever the website gets the best of me, I just remember the days when we had NO website. We had to call and book, modify, bank, etc. you never knew what was available. You always had your 3 choices ready and hoped for the best. Even the worse website is better than no website.

whenever the website gets the best of me, I just remember the days when we had NO website. We had to call and book, modify, bank, etc. you never knew what was available. You always had your 3 choices ready and hoped for the best. Even the worse website is better than no website.

Ha. For two days, I have NO WEBSITE. On hold with M.S. now as my one hour call did nothing

I don't think it's any more harsh than people mocking (again) Disney IT folks we don't even know. They took the site down for 2 days, gave ample notice, did whatever migration they were doing, and got it back up by the time they said they would. Now it seems it's good as before -- some have said faster, others mentioned difficulty but it's fine, and this seems like a pretty reasonable project completion to me. This was many pages of gripe cuz it wasn't online at 8am yesterday when that was never promised. Then it was insinuated that most guests are unhappy w DVC, and I don't believe that to be the case. Outside the disboards or facebook groups you don't get that sentiment. We love our DVC and the many people we talk to and find out they have DVC has nothing but good to say about it too so those assertions about the member base being overall unhappy are just not real.

No, I hear you, but those that are disgruntled are entitled to their own opinions. However, it does make me chuckle, I don't know why, but I enjoyed reading this whole thread and seeing the various reactions, some more forgiving, some downright pissed. While I don't care if the DVC website was down for two days, it really is not a big deal, yet, I can't help but think, being in IT and TV service industry, I would be fired if TV services was down for over 2 days (lots of lost revenue and customers demanding whole month refund for several hours outage, don't talk about 2 days). Obviously, it will raise MF dues to have top notch website developed with the best talent possible, so no, we can't have it both ways, everything working perfectly and low MF dues. I agreed with n2mm, just having a website to book is fairly lucky compared to before.

Here's to many more happy vacations stays and creating precious memories with families, DVC website woes and all!!!

Great3

Yeah I agree... this is just a member website. It's not a revenue generator. A TV site down could lose millions a day. An Amazon down would lose way more. This is just a booking tool, and a slow-moving one. It's not like we need to do daily transactions here so taking it down a couple days is acceptable. I'm sure they weighed the pros and cons! I remember we used to have to call in for every change and that was awful. I'll take the site as it is now. I was thinking they'd integrate more with disney.com, I do wonder when we'll see more single sign-on.

I don't think it's any more harsh than people mocking (again) Disney IT folks we don't even know.
Disney outsourced its IT several year ago. The two outsourcing companies they used have terrible quality reputations among IT professionals. They also are consistently low bidders. You can guess what corporate Disney values more.

A few years ago, I knew some people who worked at one of these companies. They told me it was a high-stress, low-pay job. The turnover rate was very high. I was told that many take the job but continue to interview elsewhere, leaving as soon as they can.

The following links provide some of the backstory:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/...off-at-disney-train-foreign-replacements.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rs-replaced-Indian-staff-visas-suit-says.html

https://www.wraltechwire.com/2016/0...s-sue-disney-outsourcing-firms-hcl-cognizant/

Took me several attempts to modify a reservation....but I had to call MS to take my daughter off as the lead guest.....only a 60 minute wait!!! WooHoo!!
I also called today ,
I called to get some OTO points for wiggle room since i cant see the site for more than a few minutes today
They said 69 minutes but WooHoo - It was only 58 minutes .
Then he made a separate reservation instead of modifying and it took 45 more minutes on and off to fix it - had to call someone else in ???
He was nice and informative looked up my past request while we waited to have it fixed ,and I guess he was honest first he said "THE SYSTEM " made it a separate reservation
But when i asked him how that could possibly happen if I was modifying he said he was looking for the extra days and then just booked them --
I still haven't been able to log in ,since then so -I hope it worked out
anyone else having better luck today ?
I forgot to ask ,Anyone know -Did the start the sourin tour thing again yet ?

I don't think it's any more harsh than people mocking (again) Disney IT folks we don't even know. They took the site down for 2 days, gave ample notice, did whatever migration they were doing, and got it back up by the time they said they would. Now it seems it's good as before -- some have said faster, others mentioned difficulty but it's fine, and this seems like a pretty reasonable project completion to me. This was many pages of gripe cuz it wasn't online at 8am when that was never promised. Then it was insinuated that most guests are dissatisfied with DVC, and I don't believe that to be the case. Outside the disboards or facebook groups you don't get that sentiment. We love ours and the many people we talk to and find out they have DVC have nothing but good to say about it too so those assertions about the member base being overall unhappy are just not true.
But I was promised a puppy!

Um ok this can't be right, BRV has full availability in January for a studio. Earlier today there wasn't more than a day or two. Just seems super odd.

If someone is so unhappy, frustrated, and annoyed with something they should sell it and be done with it.
Agreed ,
I love my DVC membership and am glad to have the website
to be able and check dates and book myself
Here's the BUT I remember not that long ago pre pandemic wait times where not hours long
and you listened to a little Disney spiel , and a friendly knowledgeable cast member
sold you OTU points or signed you up for extras - and maybe made your day happier with just doing a Disney thing -
That was always a happy call - Now it seems like one everybody dreads and you have to be lucky to accomplish what you started off to do -
It is now almost midnight - I still haven.t been able to log on in hours -anybody else still having issues ???
I cleared cache ,tried a different browser - any other ideas ???
Do you think they banned me for not being true or having a bad attitude that I am shut out of a very tight month time -
I don't even mean the announced shut down time - that's just stuff happens oh well but today has been impossible Sometimes I'm on then I click something and I'm
on the working on it page and then can't log back on --

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, I remember way back when when you had to call to do anything. It was so excruciatingly bad. It sometimes took someone at MS a full two minutes to answer the phone. It took another 4 minutes to confirm something you wanted was available and to make the reservation. Then it took an ungodly 8 to 9 minutes to make restaurant reservations for a week. Worst 15 minutes I remember ever spending on the phone.

Changing everything to an online system has been such a blessing. Assuming the system is working correctly, and it is not about 20% of the time, I can determine availability in 10 minutes. I can then get through all the pages to actually do a reservation in an amazingly fast 20 minutes. Then it takes only 15 more minutes to set up the reservation in My Disney Experience and include all persons in the room. Then I can search for and make a weeks worth of restaurant reservations, each requiring information to be provided on multiple pages, in only an hour. And when the system is not working correctly that 20% of the time, I can try to call MS and hope it answers within an hour due to its having so few employees answering the phones now.

Yes, I cannot get over how much quicker and better it is having the online system.

And now I'm getting this today:

Service Unavailable - DNS failure
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Reference #

It doesn't matter how I try to access it either.

And now I'm getting this today:

Service Unavailable - DNS failure
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Reference #

It doesn't matter how I try to access it either.
Same. Someone said a bunch of other sites Home Depot, Groupon, etc....... same thing. Something going on for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter