The July 17-20th shutdown is over. Everything is Great Now!

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
The shutdown approaches…only 5 more DVC shopping days until the shutdown. So what kind of pixie dust awaits all of us DVC members on the 21st? Is it going to be like Christmas morning when we were kids?

Here’s my wish list:
  • 10% discount on MFs for 2022
  • A new AP for DVC members good for up to 30 days of use in a year, and costs only $100
  • $500 drink vouchers – no expiration date
That’s all. I can think of more, but I don’t want to push it. What’s your shutdown DVC wish list look like?

The shutdown approaches…only 5 more DVC shopping days until the shutdown. So what kind of pixie dust awaits all of us DVC members on the 21st? Is it going to be like Christmas morning when we were kids?

Here’s my wish list:
  • 10% discount on MFs for 2022
  • A new AP for DVC members good for up to 30 days of use in a year, and costs only $100
  • $500 drink vouchers – no expiration date
That’s all. I can think of more, but I don’t want to push it. What’s your shutdown DVC wish list look like?

Wow, that AP would be amazing. I'd booked extra trips just to use up the 30 days. Many times we do the three trips in one year/AP plan, but don't hit 30 days of use.

I just thought of one I'd like to see...a DVC mug. good for one year. We haven't bought one in years, just ordered coffee/soda for room, but sometimes it nice having that mug.

The more likely changes will be:

1. On the updated site, resale purchasers will not be able to make reservations online, and, when they call MS, no one will ever answer the phone.

2. The online reservation system will show that all studios are already filled at exactly 8:00 a.m. eastern, 11 months out from any given date of arrival.

3. The standard Grand Villa will no longer be shown as an option to reserve at Aulani since no member has ever been able to get one at 11-months out.

4. The per point purchase prices for all resorts will be raised 20%, but Disney will add a new, sweet, $5 per point discount for new purchases and add-ons made within the next three months.

5. There will be new point charts for the WDW DVC Resorts, but not the ones being mentioned in relation to the seven-season point charts that improperly raised total points per year. Instead, there will be new 7-month point charts, independent of the 11-month charts, under which all rooms at SSR. OKW, and Kidani, will require lower points per night than the 11-month charts show, and all other resorts will have a 20% increase per night over what the 11-month charts show.

6. There will be new member benefits in the form of special member dinners and character shows at a couple of the parks that will cost only $350 person, but blue card members will get a $20 discount.

7. Any blue card members will be able to purchase discounted APs again, but the new, discounted prices will be 15% higher than what they are now.

The more likely changes will be:

1. On the updated site, resale purchasers will not be able to make reservations online, and, when they call MS, no one will ever answer the phone.

2. The online reservation system will show that all studios are already filled at exactly 8:00 a.m. eastern, 11 months out from any given date of arrival.

3. The standard Grand Villa will no longer be shown as an option to reserve at Aulani since no member has ever been able to get one at 11-months out.

4. The per point purchase prices for all resorts will be raised 20%, but Disney will add a new, sweet, $5 per point discount for new purchases and add-ons made within the next three months.

5. There will be new point charts for the WDW DVC Resorts, but not the ones being mentioned in relation to the seven-season point charts that improperly raised total points per year. Instead, there will be new 7-month point charts, independent of the 11-month charts, under which all rooms at SSR. OKW, and Kidani, will require lower points per night than the 11-month charts show, and all other resorts will have a 20% increase per night over what the 11-month charts show.

6. There will be new member benefits in the form of special member dinners and character shows at a couple of the parks that will cost only $350 person, but blue card members will get a $20 discount.

7. Any blue card members will be able to purchase discounted APs again, but the new, discounted prices will be 15% higher than what they are now.
🙁

That doesn't sound very magical :p

I hope for the following:

1) Fix the borrowing glitch impacting some owners, myself included.

2) Ability to buy one time use points and transfer points online.

3) Ability to change lead guest and link or merge reservations online.

4) Ability to more easily and clearly see exactly which type of points are used for a reservation (contract, banked, borrowed, transferred, OTU) without having to go through the entire booking/modification process to finally see that level of detail at the end.

5) Ability to see when a waitlist has matched and waiting processing.

6) A new perk for blue card owners where they get say 4 waitlists instead of just 2. (I’m not hating on resale, but additional waitlists are a perk which costs Disney nothing but adds value to buying direct.)

How about the ability to change/edit the lead guest?!? The fact that you have to call to do this is really annoying. Also, we should be able to buy AP’s online like many mentioned.
That feature is annoying to those who spec rent & I'm OK with that, LOL. I know it's sometimes annoying to those who aren't spec renting (life happens) and I do have sympathy for those folks, but not enough to put that feature on my wish list.

I wish we could do almost everything we think we would want or need and didn’t know what we needed or wanted to be available at the click of our mouse. It would save so much aggravation and wait time on both sides.

I wish they would add a filter that would change by our moods! We could have the angelic,sweet, characters appear when you’re happy and the villains appear when you’re just not the one today but have time😆

I wish for real-time waitlist status and update and a way for you to have a tele visit with a representative if chat or normal dialing is not available.

I wish for the ability to purchase all passes and discounts online without having to show your DVC card again! If you’re ordering it from your account, that should be proof enough?

I wish for exclusive merchandise that’s affordable for everyone and limited to no more than 6 each membership or family..

But most of all, I wish for the site to please work as it’s supposed too! That thing catches way too many attitudes😂

I only wish for 2 things. 1- the site actually comes back on the day they said. 2- that the site is at least 10% better than it was. I just feel that when it comes back we could be looking at more issues than what we had for the next couple years. The faith I have in Disney's IT, none.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter