The July 17-20th shutdown is over. Everything is Great Now!

Well the key word to that statement is "If". They've eroded a significant amount of goodwill that they used to have with it's members and it's nearly entirely self inflicted. If they were accountible at all to the membership, then they would be alarmed and concerned right now.
I'm not buying it. Disboards members do not represent the membership as a whole. I bet most members didn't even notice. Something tells me direct points are still going to be bought up. Prices continue to rise for both direct and resale which doesn't seem to mesh with the theory of an unhappy membership.

I'm not buying it. Disboards members do not represent the membership as a whole. I bet most members didn't even notice. Something tells me direct points are still going to be bought up. Prices continue to rise for both direct and resale which doesn't seem to mesh with the theory of an unhappy membership.
I think the sentiments here are more representative than you realize amongst long time members. There are other active DVC online communities who are even more disappointed with their recent activities. Maybe new purchasers who know nothing else are still bright-eyed.. but I think it's naive to think they don't recognize a difference in tone amongst its members. Look at how they've tried to manipulate the point charts in their favor twice in recent years and are having to walk it back due to the membership reminding them of their contractual obligations.

There's no chance that member satisfaction is at the same level as it was Pre-Riviera and pre-resale restrictions.

Do you have multiple memberships? I have 2 and it looks like when they migrated the data, they attached both banking notifications (or their respective expand links, at least) to one membership. So, I'd have to edit the link in the devtools to actually open the other one and make the "1" unread notification go away.

They rearranged my 5 memberships now boardwalk is on top and Aulani is under that. Darn you Disney (fist shaking in the air).

Technical question for folks with multiple memberships: Are you able to see the dues information for all your memberships (or just one)?

When I launch from the dash board, it defaults to the first membership only and I don't have any drop down menu option to switch to the second one (like I used to before the new and improved web site came back up).

I get the same results when I launch from the "My DVC" drop down menu (selecting "my annual dues")

I am wondering if I am the only one?

I think the sentiments here are more representative than you realize amongst long time members. There are other active DVC online communities who are even more disappointed with their recent activities. Maybe new purchasers who know nothing else are still bright-eyed.. but I think it's naive to think they don't recognize a difference in tone amongst its members. Look at how they've tried to manipulate the point charts in their favor twice in recent years and are having to walk it back due to the membership reminding them of their contractual obligations.

There's no chance that member satisfaction is at the same level as it was Pre-Riviera and pre-resale restrictions.
I don't disagree with your statements. But, message board banter is not going to change DVCMC/Disney. They have to be hit in the pocketbook. Until that happens, expect more of the same.

Technical question for folks with multiple memberships: Are you able to see the dues information for all your memberships (or just one)?

When I launch from the dash board, it defaults to the first membership only and I don't have any drop down menu option to switch to the second one (like I used to before the new and improved web site came back up).

I get the same results when I launch from the "My DVC" drop down menu (selecting "my annual dues")

I see all three of my contracts on the page.

If everything is the same with no redesign or major additions, I wonder if it was a server and or cdn switch. With a site like this, it could be a 3 day down time to move everything. I should have checked before but Wappalyzer is showing Apache as the server, and Akamai as the CDN. Had else nerdy like me checked before the downtime?

That's just the front end (load balancer, etc.) They used to use F5's with misconfigured persistence policies, which was fun because you'd be logged in but trying to pull data from the wrong server after a while so you'd see just blank entries where your points should be, etc.

Been trying all day. Safari. Chrome. Incognito. Nothing. I get an email telling me "your account was just used to login to DVC" and the page with the window "You're almost there". But I never seem to "Get there". Can someone please remind me of the web address. Thanks
I feel like there is a joke here where like, DVC is a man, and the owners are a woman. Always "almost there", but DVC can never quite finish the job :rotfl2:

Hilariously if you look at the "last minute availability" tab on the top of the website, "EVERY SINGLE RESORT AND EVERY CLASS OF ROOM is being show as available right now. I got excited for a hot second and realized its a glitch. dang.

Nope, it's not just you.
Only two of our four Memberships are shown.
Oddly, the two that are showing are our only Resales, our two Directs (one of which has three contracts) are missing.
Under loans, only the same Resale ones are showing, & NOT the one that actually has a loan. Hopefully, it's fixed soon - I put extra money toward principal monthly, & can't do it online now.

So if I am following this and related threads correctly, we can conclude that the online system and MS were shut down for more than two days to bring about the following changes:

No improvements.

More glitches.

Last edited:
OMG -
Is this a sick trick or a joke ???
I was trying to modify yesterday and the site kept crashing & again last night I was on for about 20 minutes and then while i was waiting it crashed again -
So far I checked in 4 times today and it just says "This page isn’t working right now "
It was my 7 months during the shut down - looks like I might be staying put for the whole time ,things are so tight now .....GRR
If anybody wants to trade some BCV days for some BLT days let me know

So if I am following this thread correctly, we can conclude that the online system and MS were shut down for more than two days to bring about the following changes:

No improvements.

More glitches.
Sounds like they they did another bang up job !
Frustrating and making things more difficult for there valued members -
Sorry for the negativity but really ?
It just seems like more hurdles each year -

I'm seeing dues from both memberships - showing the different contracts in each.

Update: I was getting the 7 dwarfs every time I was trying to modify a reservation for a 2 bedroom that I am taking my mom on the trip with us. I had the box checked for "Not DVC a member" for her and the system would not let me update the reservation. When I did not check that box, there was no issue. I figured it out when I was trying to make a 2 night reservation for a family friend and it would give the dwarfs every time I tried with him as the main guest...until I unchecked that box. Something is up with "not a DVC member" box if anyone else is having issues.
DEFINITELY a problem with that box. When I tried to modify guests, it lets me with the box unchecked and bounces me if any of the guests has that box checked.
Thanks for this tip, finally was able to add guests to my January HHI trip!

When I run into strangers who do Disney it never starts a conversation about how Disney has scorned all their customers rather it's they love this and that and how they have such a great time. Most people if they genuinely did not like owning something would sell it and move on -- not own the timeshare yet spend their days begrudging it on the internet. Speak with your wallet.

So if I am following this and related threads correctly, we can conclude that the online system and MS were shut down for more than two days to bring about the following changes:

No improvements.

More glitches.
It was a migration, not an update. Updates generally don't take 2 days.

I tried to modify a booking to remove some guests.

I got the error - we are fixing it message. Clearly hasn't done what it was meant to in terms of fixing bugs.

Took me several attempts to modify a reservation....but I had to call MS to take my daughter off as the lead guest.....only a 60 minute wait!!! WooHoo!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter