The Flippant Trip - (new TWILIGHT TR update 11/16/09 bottom of pg 29)

Hi..thanks for the response...
Can you direct me to that thread? Im a bit newbie.. here... would love to pass on some pics...

Cool.......more Twilight info/pictures.

Jmgidoc
How great must that have been for your daughter to be an extra.:thumbsup2

Finally back to catch up on everything.

Lucy, the puppy, is doing okay. It's been harder than I expected but still good.

I don't have too much to comment on with the Twilight stuff since I don't really know anything about it. But I really enjoyed all of the photos of places where it was filmed. Very cool.

Love the Thanksgiving photos you put up of the girls. Very cute. And I love the leaves!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but, the quaint restaurant in the movie-- "Twilight" caught fire last evening :(. I sure hope the owner rebuilds as this was only 1 of 4 old road house resturants along the washington side of the gorge Highway. They were not sure of how fire started.

Patty

Hi,
Yep, I heard. Pretty sad. If there's any possibility of rebuilding, I'm sure the guy who owns the Viewpoint Inn will do it. He really cherished that place. It was a dream of his to own and run it.

Best of luck to them. I hope to stay there someday!

Finally back to catch up on everything.

Lucy, the puppy, is doing okay. It's been harder than I expected but still good.

I don't have too much to comment on with the Twilight stuff since I don't really know anything about it. But I really enjoyed all of the photos of places where it was filmed. Very cool.

Love the Thanksgiving photos you put up of the girls. Very cute. And I love the leaves!

Thanks for stopping by!

Your Twilight Trippie was too cute! I love the scary alley Pic:thumbsup2

Thanks! I see you made your way over to the Disboard Twilight thread! Woo Hoo!
smileybluebanana.gif

A Twilight-Inspired Mini-TR

So here is where I celebrated Christmas with my Step family near Coos Bay (the coast of), Oregon. This area is very special to me because it is where I went when I was making a HUGE life change. It's a story that might sound slightly familiar to you guys. I picked-up and left my ex boyfriend and moved from hot, dry, arid, and over-crowded Las Vegas, NV, to start a new life in this cold, dark, green, wet, small town with no job, money, or plan. I took with me only two things: my 1 yr old daughter and my 5 day old daughter. They were interesting times. Ok, enough about me... the point of the story is.. this place is SO Twilight-Y!

Here is the view from the cabin we were all in. My step family own alot of property out here and they have their family reunions out in the woods at this place.

They call this a creek.. I call it a rushing river but that is neither here nor there.
2008-12-27ChristmasTwilightCampg-16.jpg

Here is the view as taken from the outside crossing a wet, scary bridge.
2008-12-27ChristmasTwilightCampg-15.jpg

come on Mom.. come with me across the bridge of death
2008-12-27ChristmasTwilightCampg-14.jpg

Those wet slats of rotted wood should hold you!....it'll be FUN!
2008-12-27ChristmasTwilightCampg-8.jpg

Seriously, it was terrifying. In the video you can here me screaming

Bailey says, NO WAY
2008-12-27ChristmasTwilightCampg-10.jpg

You can do it, mom... just put one foot in front of the other
2008-12-27ChristmasTwilightCampg-12.jpg

pay no attention to that pesky rushing river underneath there.
2008-12-27ChristmasTwilightCampgrou.jpg

Ahhh... what I won't do for my Twi-Dis Buddies. The Official BBG DIS Trip Reporter NEVER TURNS BACK!

There were so many beautiful places to hike. The paths went along the creek and climbed up and down the sides giving way to breathaking views.

we decided to go towards the meadow!
2008-12-27ChristmasTwilightCampg-7.jpg

I couldn't believe that there was a sign for "The Meadow".. I just loved it! :rotfl:

first we would have to cross a slightly sturdier bridge of death II
2008-12-27ChristmasTwilightCampg-6.jpg

the moss and the greenery are looking very Twilight-y
2008-12-27ChristmasTwilightCampg-2.jpg

Do I dazzle you? (I'm trying to recreate the sparkle scene)
2008-12-27ChristmasTwilightCampg-17.jpg

when my DH goes all Vampire on me :eek:
2008-12-27ChristmasTwilightCampg-3.jpg

we decide we better turn back before things get out of hand :rolleyes1
2008-12-27ChristmasTwilightCampg-1.jpg

There's one of those views I was talking about. What you are seeing above if you look closely is my DH's blue jacket and my DD behind him on the bridge heading back over to the cabin. It was exquisitely beautiful and green. All in all it was an awesome party and an awesome trip. I'm so lucky to have family living in such an awe-inspiring place.

I hope you can all take your own Twi-TR sometime very soon!

I spent like an hour plus working on this silly little scenerio. Sorry for the intrusion into my TR but I didn't know where else to put it that I could keep it!

Arrgghh! I haven't even broached the subject of the Twilight Summer School in Forks next June. He'd probably have a cow when I mentioned the $400 cost for DD13 and I to go.
Just tell him it's a highly exclusive private tutoring camp for DD and will ensure her a high paying job that will support her parents in the way that they should be accustomed!!! :banana:
How can we help you with this? Does he have a favorite meal? Something you can whip up to sort of soften the blow?

Or You Could Offer up....

A healthy Alternative?
cucumber2.gif
banana025.gif
strawberry.gif
banana085.gif
smileybananaredapple.gif
grape.gif
banana055.gif
smileybananaapple.gif

Send him out for Mexican??

banana055.gif
smileybananamexicanhat.gif
banana055.gif

Island Fare?

smileybananahawaiian.gif
smileyisland.gif
smileyrasta.gif

Beer night with the Boys?

smileybananabeerdrinkers-1.gif

Kareoke?

smileybananasingers.gif

A Hunting Trip?

smileybananamoose.gif

Does he ski??

smileybananaskiier.gif

No, no, it'll be summer... skiing's no good. How bout beach sports?
smileybananavolleyball.gif

Alright, alright.....perhaps something more X-treme???
smileybananaparachute.gif

smileybananabungee.gif

Or will he still think you're

smileycrazy-1.gif

If so, you could always...

smileypray2.gif

Like the
smileybananadevil-1.gif

And IF THAT DOESN'T WORK!!!!
(con't next post.. reached banana capacity!)

You could have him abducted! :confused3

smileyAlien-1.gif

banana068.gif

smileybananaalien.gif
smileybananaalien.gif
smileybananaalien.gif

Of course then you'd have the feds on your behind
banana056.gif
banana069.gif
banana056.gif

But what do you care???? You'll be in Forks with
smileybluebanana.gif
and *
banana129.gif

Being a perfect
smileybananaangel.gif

What??!! It could happen.
::yes::

*note the cute little dancing wolf prevoiusly played by Taylor Launter (
smileywolf.gif
) has been replaced with the larger, hairier banana in anticipation of the upcoming actor switch-a-roo in the New Moon movie.

Melissa I love your banana art!!!!!!!!!!!
What a twilighty place to spend Christmas too!! Beautiful.

all caught up Now !
Love Love Love all your pictures How fun and yes you totally dazzled me you were all kinds of sparkly in the re-creation scene:worship:
I love the one where your dh kisses you i so wanted edward and bella to kiss right there
That bridge :scared1:
gorgeous Thanks for sharing ...

:goodvibes :goodvibes AWWW !! Your trip sounds terrific !!!!!!!!!!!
The scenery is beautiful and YOU ALL are awesome !!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

I don't know though if I would venture on that bridge !!!:scared1: video too !!

I so enjoyed reading about your adventure !! :hug:
laura :wave:

Thanks you guys! I'm glad you were able to see it. I've got a nasty case of badwidth issue that I'm trying to clear up. :scared:

:rolleyes1

Be back in buisness soon, I HOPE!

So tonight my DH was telling me a stupid work story and in the middle of it he says to me, casually :-)eek: ), "Yea and this woman at work told me her nephew, well, sort of like her nephew, was in Twilight..." and he continues on.

ME: :scared1:

Wha??? Wha?????

"Who was he??"

DH: "Oh.. one of the Native American kids... so I said to her, knowingly, 'Ohhh.. a werewolf'" and DH proceeds to look very smug.

ME: I grabbed him up by the shirt around his neck and pulled him close, "THIS IS SERIOUS!"

"I need to KNOW"

DH: :scared: ..... "something.. trimble..."

ME: YES, that's Sam Uley! (leah' is a Clearwater! I am just a sad, wannabe fan.. sorry Avalon, I type faster than I think, I knew better!)

ME: "This could be my IN to the filming of New Moon!! YOU NEED TO FIND OUT AND I MEAN IT!!!!!" I was fairly pained in the face as I said this. :rotfl:

Poor DH..... so yes, I might find out some inside details about the where's and when's of filming IF (and that's a big "if") he gets recast as Sam.

WOO HOO!!
banana139.gif

And, of course, this could mean nothing but I'm excited for now!

The shooting for New Moon hasn't begun yet.... but there have been some VERY controversial Re-Castings!

MelissaTwilight.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter