The Flippant Trip - (new TWILIGHT TR update 11/16/09 bottom of pg 29)

All Aboard: Disney's "A Christmas Carol" Train Tour Mini TR

Distrain-1.jpg

Official Disney Website: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/christmascaroltraintour/

So Disney has decided to send a a train around to promote the new Stop motion animation 3-D spectacular version of the Charles Dicken's classic starring Jim Carey in 7 roles!

Anyway, we don't get a lot of Disney action here and the train tour was FREE! Yes, Free... gotta love the free stuff. I guess it is going to several cities across the US and the lines have been quite long but luckily for us we got there at a good time and only had to wait about a 1/2 hour. That's about as long as I would recommend you wait to see this. It was cute BUT... it's still just advertising.

But first, the carolers!

My kids and the rest of the native Portland, ORegonians present were horrified at the idea of Christmas Caroling during a sunny and hot day. I am from California.. this IS Christmas to me. It's not right, but it that's how I was raised! It's weird to think about it now!

One song is all they could take in the blazing 78 degree heat
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-19.jpg

Well the weather outside is frightful....
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-18.jpg

Period Costumes
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-17.jpg

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-14.jpg

Original Movie Masks
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-12.jpg

People were sort of walking through pretty quickly so not alot of time to stop and look at the displays.. they weren't all that interesting, anyway (and I like museums!)

On loan from the Dicken's Museum
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-15.jpg

Original (I think) Charles Dickens manuscripts
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-13.jpg

Props

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-11.jpg

Young Ebeneezer

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-16.jpg

One car showed quite a bit about the animation technique but all I saw here was a guy in a black suit up against a mirror.. not too interactive or exciting.

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-10.jpg

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-8.jpg

The Video Car - discussing the production of the animation
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-7.jpg

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-6.jpg

You got to scan your own picture into the machine and then watch yourself morph into Ebeneezer, a ghost, Belle, or Tiny Tim.. then later you retrive your photo's from your Email account (after an email from Wal-Mart EW!). I didn't realize how well the video screen would photograph or I would have taken the pictures as we morphed ourselves. They came out cute and this was a fun time.

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-5.jpg

The last car was really cute and had this table of food laid out. The Disney tehnique of blowing the smell into the air was employed here and it smelled REALLY good like gingerbread and what not. The picture window was animated and the whole affect was cool

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-4.jpg

1-second video shows the animated windows

Outside in front of the train
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-2.jpg

After the train tour you take your ticket *free souvenir* and go across the street ... insert gratuitous picture of our really cute train station in downtown Portland....
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolTrai.jpg

to another 10 minute line for a quick (but comfortabley air-conditioned) 10 min preview in high def and WITH 3-D glasses of the movie itself. That was the best part.

Inside this giant backwards bounce house was VERY nicely climate controlled
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-1.jpg

The movie looks really cute! I love this style of animation. It's not nearly as creepy as Polar Express and is much more realistic - in this movie the pores on Ebeneezer's nose are REALLY creepy! The ghosts look like they could be scary for young kids (and easily scared tweens!) but there is definitely humor mixed in. I can't wait to see this movie! Of course nothing will ever compare to my favorite.. the classic Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol. I am NOT kidding you when I say this movie rocks. It is REALLY, REALLY good. If you don't own it on DVD I highly recommend it! SERIOUSLY.

Make this a classic in your home! You won't be sorry
magooxmas1.jpg

Video's on Youtube.. the songs.. OH THE SONGS are good
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=mr%20Magoo's%20christmas%20carol&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLD_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wv#

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Magoos-Christmas-Carol-Backus/dp/B0002I82ZA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Magoo's_Christmas_Carol

THE END

And A Very Merry (Early) Christmas to YOU!
[/[

All Aboard: Disney's "A Christmas Carol" Train Tour Mini TR

Distrain-1.jpg

Official Disney Website: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/christmascaroltraintour/

So Disney has decided to send a a train around to promote the new Stop motion animation 3-D spectacular version of the Charles Dicken's classic starring Jim Carey in 7 roles!

Anyway, we don't get a lot of Disney action here and the train tour was FREE! Yes, Free... gotta love the free stuff. I guess it is going to several cities across the US and the lines have been quite long but luckily for us we got there at a good time and only had to wait about a 1/2 hour. That's about as long as I would recommend you wait to see this. It was cute BUT... it's still just advertising.

But first, the carolers!

My kids and the rest of the native Portland, ORegonians present were horrified at the idea of Christmas Caroling during a sunny and hot day. I am from California.. this IS Christmas to me. It's not right, but it that's how I was raised! It's weird to think about it now!

One song is all they could take in the blazing 78 degree heat
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-19.jpg

Well the weather outside is frightful....
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-18.jpg

Period Costumes
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-17.jpg

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-14.jpg

Original Movie Masks
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-12.jpg

People were sort of walking through pretty quickly so not alot of time to stop and look at the displays.. they weren't all that interesting, anyway (and I like museums!)

On loan from the Dicken's Museum
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-15.jpg

Original (I think) Charles Dickens manuscripts
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-13.jpg

Props

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-11.jpg

Young Ebeneezer

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-16.jpg

One car showed quite a bit about the animation technique but all I saw here was a guy in a black suit up against a mirror.. not too interactive or exciting.

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-10.jpg

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-8.jpg

The Video Car - discussing the production of the animation
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-7.jpg

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-6.jpg

You got to scan your own picture into the machine and then watch yourself morph into Ebeneezer, a ghost, Belle, or Tiny Tim.. then later you retrive your photo's from your Email account (after an email from Wal-Mart EW!). I didn't realize how well the video screen would photograph or I would have taken the pictures as we morphed ourselves. They came out cute and this was a fun time.

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-5.jpg

The last car was really cute and had this table of food laid out. The Disney tehnique of blowing the smell into the air was employed here and it smelled REALLY good like gingerbread and what not. The picture window was animated and the whole affect was cool

2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-4.jpg

1-second video shows the animated windows

Outside in front of the train
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-2.jpg

After the train tour you take your ticket *free souvenir* and go across the street ... insert gratuitous picture of our really cute train station in downtown Portland....
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolTrai.jpg

to another 10 minute line for a quick (but comfortabley air-conditioned) 10 min preview in high def and WITH 3-D glasses of the movie itself. That was the best part.

Inside this giant backwards bounce house was VERY nicely climate controlled
2009-07-01DisneysChristmasCarolT-1.jpg

The movie looks really cute! I love this style of animation. It's not nearly as creepy as Polar Express and is much more realistic - in this movie the pores on Ebeneezer's nose are REALLY creepy! The ghosts look like they could be scary for young kids (and easily scared tweens!) but there is definitely humor mixed in. I can't wait to see this movie! Of course nothing will ever compare to my favorite.. the classic Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol. I am NOT kidding you when I say this movie rocks. It is REALLY, REALLY good. If you don't own it on DVD I highly recommend it! SERIOUSLY.

Make this a classic in your home! You won't be sorry
magooxmas1.jpg

Video's on Youtube.. the songs.. OH THE SONGS are good
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=mr%20Magoo's%20christmas%20carol&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLD_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wv#

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Magoos-Christmas-Carol-Backus/dp/B0002I82ZA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Magoo's_Christmas_Carol

THE END

And A Very Merry (Early) Christmas to YOU!
[/[

I'm still way behind on this TR, but I snuck to the end, and was delighted to see Mr. Magoo. We love and own this movie too. Imagine my delight when I went back to my high school for a reunion, and they had a poster in one of the classrooms that said, "Millions of grains of sand in the world, why such a lonely beach?"
we couldn't make it to the Christmas Carol train in our area, because we had a scheduling conflict. It looked like fun.

How stinkin cool!!! That's so neat that they came to your town! How do you find out what towns the are coming to? I would love to see it!! Thanks for posting pictures! It looks really neat!!!

I'm still way behind on this TR

You should catch right up! It's still as fresh and pertinenent as it was a year ago (when we took the trip!) :lmao: That is a joke, BTW. Can you believe it's been a year since last summer????

I love, love, LOVE the music from the Mr. Magoo...where are two shoe's that click to my clack.. that is the saddest song in the world! My DD11 is named Cassidy and we always say, "Sassleberry Dressing" to her in a sing song voice... ::santa::

How stinkin cool!!! That's so neat that they came to your town! How do you find out what towns the are coming to? I would love to see it!! Thanks for posting pictures! It looks really neat!!!

Thanks! To find out where it was going you can click on the link right under the first picture .. or here http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/christmascaroltraintour/

Any trips coming up?? MY DD's are going to DL in two weeks WITHOUT ME! :scared1: They have downloaded ridemax and have studied a bunch since they won't have "tourguidemom" with them! lol

We're on a trip right now. We're in London, then on to Paris, and the piece de resistance is Disneyland Paris. I couldn't come all this way and not see Mickey in a new setting.

I can't believe that your daughter is going to DL without you! I loved the Christmas Carol update! I think you must have one of the longest running trip reports, but I love it! :wizard:

We're on a trip right now. We're in London, then on to Paris, and the piece de resistance is Disneyland Paris. I couldn't come all this way and not see Mickey in a new setting.

Ohhhhhh! That's so exciting!!! So cool!!! So FRENCH! Oui Oui! Please drop by and post me a link to any TR you might do, ok? Or, if you don't do a TR, just to your vacation photo's if you have some share ware type stuff?

I can't believe that your daughter is going to DL without you! I loved the Christmas Carol update! I think you must have one of the longest running trip reports, but I love it! :wizard:

I konw, right??? I still have to post my San Diego portion of the TR. I got Twi-Tracked... MAN what a ride!

re: my dd's and DL... they're actually going for two days! it's going to be cute to see how well they did with the FP and all the planning on their own. It's a dose of Disney independance for them. :goodvibes

Hey woman!! Thanks for sharing your mini-tr!! Looks like it was a lot of fun. The train came to Denver but we opted out for some reason?!? :confused3 I haven't had the motivation to work on my PTR for awhile, guess I should get on it. This baby is sucking out ALLLLL of my energy! :( Read any good books lately?! I'm on another reading kick and currently reading 3 books. LOL.... Thus far I'm REALLY, REALLY, REALLY loving "The Forest of Hands and teeth". Heard of it?

Hey woman!! Thanks for sharing your mini-tr!! Looks like it was a lot of fun. The train came to Denver but we opted out for some reason?!? :confused3 I haven't had the motivation to work on my PTR for awhile, guess I should get on it. This baby is sucking out ALLLLL of my energy! :( Read any good books lately?! I'm on another reading kick and currently reading 3 books. LOL.... Thus far I'm REALLY, REALLY, REALLY loving "The Forest of Hands and teeth". Heard of it?

Yes, I have heard of it but haven't read it. There are a few people on the Twilightaholics READING LIST thread that really like it. You should join us over there.. you would find some like-minded readers!

~*~The After-Twilight Bookclub!!!~*~
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2153915

I read a kids book.... actually, a "tween" book that was REALLY funny and not at all "clique-ish" that I highly recommend called "The Happy Kid." I have a 12 yr old girl tween who is sorta hard to find books for and I told her that if she didn't laugh on the first page that I wouldn't ask her to continue on with the book. She laughed at the first PARAGRAPH! Too cute! I always love finding books that she will enjoy.

My other DD loves all kinds of books and reads at least 4-7 books (novels...she's a fiend) per week. Do you ever go on goodreads anymore? I love posting my reviews and following other people on there. I use it like Twitter. LOL

I just spent the last weekend in Seattle and the weekend before that in LA... should I do TR's? Should I Post them onto this one???

Hi TravelME! :lmao: Fun mini report - thanks! That looks like it will be a fun movie - pretty good marketing on Disney's part!:thumbsup2

I'm back from DLRP and finally had time to read all the way through. I guess I will do a mini-report, mostly pictures. (OK, I started it. The link is below)

Now to comment on some way-back stuff:
Perfect! I want to re-read the first book but my MIL is the one who lent me a copy (the librarian :worship: - my only "in" on backdoor deals) and she subsequently sold it on ebay for $150. It was a pre-release edition. I was like, next time you lend me a ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLAR BOOK, please tell me! I could have done any number of bad things (accidentally) to it!
You made me think of the Cheers episode where Diane lends Sam a first edition Hemingway, and he drops it in the bath tub. As a former librarian, that made me cringe. Good thing you had better luck.

My daughters are at Disneyland RIGHT NOW! :cheer2:

Mini-TR to come. :yay:
Woot! Hope they had a great time.

I thought I quoted Greatest American Hero - I loved William Katt. And you're right. It seems to me, when Edward goes up the tree, it's very fake-y!

Did you see this spoof of the New Moon trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbAppj00nZo
I loved the paper cut! And that Jacob? Hubba hubba!

I'm back from DLRP and finally had time to read all the way through. I guess I will do a mini-report, mostly pictures. (OK, I started it. The link is below)

I'm gonna check it out!

Now to comment on some way-back stuff:
You made me think of the Cheers episode where Diane lends Sam a first edition Hemingway, and he drops it in the bath tub. As a former librarian, that made me cringe. Good thing you had better luck.

If I had known what a big Twi-Nerd I was going to be I would faked like it got ruined and kept the darn thing! :headache:

Woot! Hope they had a great time.

Now I gotta help them load their pics onto photobucket.. will link when finished.

I thought I quoted Greatest American Hero - I loved William Katt. And you're right. It seems to me, when Edward goes up the tree, it's very fake-y!

Did you see this spoof of the New Moon trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbAppj00nZo
I loved the paper cut! And that Jacob? Hubba hubba!

I am BOYCOTTING all New Moon related media. THe parts I liked least in Twilight were the ones I had seen 5 MILLION times (Say it.. OUT LOUD... Vampire... Oh brother :rolleyes:). I want to be completely new to the material when I see the movie. And yes, the special effects were horrible sometimes! LOL :3dglasses (Look at what's happened to me _eee.. I can't believe it my_self.... suddenly ....) :laughing: I know it's in your head now! LOL

I keep threatening to get this darn thing done.. and with New Moon on the horizon, all things Twilight will take a back seat so I thought I'd go ahead and finally finish this! Turns out it is taking ALOT LONGER THAN I THOUGHT! But anyway, here goes. For those of you who haven't seen my first Twilight Trip report and would like to catch up or you have seen it but it was so much fun you must see it again you can find the link in my siggie or right here - go ahead, it'll be fun! lol You can come back here later.. I'll wait.

Picture of the prom Tickets:
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=28795901&postcount=279
The Prom recreation party at the View Point Inn:
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=28853364&postcount=289
My first trip to Forks High School:
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=28874919&postcount=301
My first trip to St Helen's:
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=28886409&postcount=306
A Twilight Inspired Mini-TR Dec '09:
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=29482910&postcount=390

My Twilight Mom Trip Report

Back in April of '09 Twilight Mom's from all over the US and Canada descended upon the Pacfic Northwest to visit the settings from the movie Twilight. I had visited alot of these places already but revisiting them with friends was a kick in the pants. They were here in Portland (where I live) for three days and I joined them.

DAY 1

Most of the ladies met the day before at the View Point Inn but I had not met anybody yet. We met for breakfast.

My first attempt with Miniward
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay100.jpg

After breakfast we made our first stop to the MARINA where Buttcrack Santa was killed. :santa:

CIMG1833.jpg

The real name of the Marina
IMG_0051.jpg

A sign that the Twilight crew made for filming but never made it in the film
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-2.jpg

Since we were a group of about 20 or so we looked a LITTLE BIT SUSPICIOUS just crusing into this small town marina in the middle of nowhere. Add to that our Edward dolls/cut outs and T-shirts and we figured we had better check in with somebody before we were called in to the authorities. For some reason everybody voted me the one to make contact with the manager. :rolleyes1 Momentary massive case of embarrassment!

Happily, the woman who is the "landlord" of the marina was home and was more than willing to give us a tour of the marina! Score!

The Marina Lady shows us THE slip

2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-8.jpg

A boat was in the slip where the bad vamps descended upon innocent
IMG_0052.jpg

Hey dude, was Waylon a close friend of yours?
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-6.jpg

The woman told us lots of stories about the crew and how they changed the marina to suit them. The next picture is of a slip that the crew re-roofed and painted. They went back and made the paint look old so that it would fit into the natural setting of the marina. The crew will ask the people if they can use their things as props and paint them, etc with the promise that they will put them back exactly the way they found them. In this next case, the man who owned the slip was never going to be able to re-roof and paint and was extremely greatful to have it left in it's "changed" state. Faux aged paint and all.

2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-7.jpg

Originally there were several scenes to be used from the Marina but hardly any made the cut. IT's interesting how they can make fresh paint look like it's been there for years.

A Twi-made signage that remains today
IMG_0063.jpg
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-3.jpg

It was great to have the landlord/tour guide with us to point out so many details. The next picture may be recognizeable from the "deleted scenes" portion of the Twilight DVD. I have not watched the deleted scene section but the woman told us that they originally showed Waylon floating away in a boat in his "murdered" state. They decided it was too graphic and didn't fit the movie so they cut it out. The crew was at the marina for a few weeks (I think.. can't quite remember but it was a long time). Originally Waylon is filmed with his dog and you can here him calling to the dog when he's on the boat and hearing "things" that turn out to be vampires and not his dog at all. The dog never made it into the movie but was on "set" most of the time, according to the woman.

2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-5.jpg

Me in another slip.
CIMG1824.jpg

Next is my friend Amy flexing her acting chops as she does her best Victoria impression. I also tried it but it was NOT as cute and didn't make the dis-cut." LOL I know this is the wrong quote but...

James don't play with your food
83360042.jpg

After we left the marina (honestly, I didn't drive and don't have a clue where it was. I know it was about 40 min or so from where we originally met up in Vancouver, WA) we headed to downtown St Helen's, OR where alot of the scenes were filmed. As I said, I had visited this area before but took a few snapshots that I will share with ya.

Since we were all car-pooling and had Twilight on the brain we kept seeing things that are silly and squealing like teenagers.
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-23.jpg
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-15.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

DAY 1
Con't

Downtown St Helen's: The Columbia theater was in Twilight as well as the movie Halloweentown on the Disney Channel. This is where I will be seeing New Moon in all it's glory! http://experiencenewmoon.com/blog/

Columbia Theater
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-12.jpg

The shop where the girls go to try on dresses now lays empty but at the time it was a hair salon and we went in and snapped these photos.

The pic on left shows where Jessica stood in her blue dress and the pic on the right is by the window bella sprawled out taking notes
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-13.jpg
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-14.jpg

A couple shops down from there is another store called "Jilly's" which is where they ACTUALLY got the dresses to use in the film version. The woman that owns this store is really eccentric and the items she caries are SO COOL. It was so awesome that in this small town they were able to almost completely recreate Port Angelas without ever having to go anywhere else!

Jilly's
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-26.jpg

Unique merchandise - this is also where I purchased my Voluturi Cape
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-25.jpg

Dresses from Jilly's were purchased by Twilight cast members for their own actual personal proms in real life
IMG_0097.jpg

The blue wings in this pic were used to decorate the "dress shop set" where Bella and the girls go to try on dresses. You can spot them in the movie if you look real hard lol :3dglasses
IMG_0096.jpg

In between Jilly's and the set version of the dress shop is the alley where Bella is attacked and above the alleyway is the Bookstore.

These next few pics are taken from our more recent trip to St. Helen's with my family for the Halloweentown celebration. Basically the stores get together and decorate to entice shoppers to come and see the stuff. Unfortuantely we weren't there when the giant pumpkin graces the main square. Maybe next year.

DD12 getting books at the Thunder And Whale Book Store
2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-18.jpg

when some sort of local hoodlum attacks her!
2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-17.jpg

Waiting on that stupid Volvo! Could be awhile, I guess
2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-19.jpg
2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-20.jpg

Eh, screw it, let's go eat.

The Bloated Toad can also be found on this street. I was there recently to see St Helen's decorated for Halloween (so cute!) and saw that the Bloated Toad also sits empty now. The woman who is putting on the experiencenewmoon thing is buying a shop in town to sell Twilight merchandise. She tried to rent out the Bloated Toad but the people are trying to give her an OUTRAGEOUS price because everybody is pretty sure that Breaking Dawn will be filmed in the area and that the Twilight phenomenon will pay off and they should cash in. She has decided to rent elsewhere- namely across the street from the Columbia Theater. She plans on having recreated scenes from the Bloated Toad for fans to have photo ops in her store. She is so cool! I am so happy to have met her and wish her the best.

another Bloated Toad sighting - yes, that's me :sad2:
2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHelens0.jpg

The first time I visited the Bloated Toad I had read that they were asking fans to stay away while business hours were in session but since the building was basically empty this time I felt comfortable going up close. Here is the inside where Bella and Edward have their first date.

2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-8.jpg
2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-7.jpg

Before we leave the St Helen's portion of the TR I want to share a couple more of pics for those of you who might be Halloweentown fans:

The town square in the movie where the giant pumpkin sits (the light inside the pumpkin is the key to defeting Calibar)
2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-3.jpg
2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-6.jpg

2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-4.jpg
2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-5.jpg

The theater where Calibar (Kalibar?) holds the Grandma and mom in a Spell while the kids have to go and save everybody.
2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-22.jpg
2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-11.jpg
2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-10.jpg

The vantage point from in front of the Grandmother's house:
2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-2.jpg

It's really a very pretty place. Sorry for the detour.. let's continue on...

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

STILL DAY 1
CON'T

About a 2 min drive from downtown is Charlie and Bella's house. They have a lovely sign out front to remind people to keep their privacy in mind.

CIMG1871.jpg

I could see the light was on and was hoping that Charlie wasn't sitting at the table cleaning his gun

2009-10-10-09HalloweentownStHele-1.jpg

All the sudden somebody came running out to shoo us off!

Hey you guys need to back off!
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-10.jpg

But then I said, "No Edward, we're big fans! That Bella chick can go jump off a cliff!" and then I turned into Anna Kendrick and then we made out then he said "you have beautiful eyes, I want to eat one" and it was on to the break-a-dawn. True story.
tongue.jpg

robert-pattinson-licking-anna1.jpg

Ok, so yea... that was awesome. And then.... We decided to head over to the high school and take more silly pictures. Again, this is a place I had already visited and after making out with Rob, frankly, everything that followed was a let down.

2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-21.jpg

We each posed with Rob and it was funny because another carload of people came up with their books in hand and their directors cut trying to figure out where to stand and what to see and they asked if they could pose with our Edward cut out and we let them. It's just so funny that everytime I go anywhere Twilight related there are at least one if not MANY other fans their visiting. There is still like a constant stream of visitors to these places. It's a Haj! (is that right?)

Behind the school is the area where the girls sit and sun themselves as Bella searches, in vain, for the Cullens.
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-20.jpg

I think this mural was done for the movie and just left as is cause it was pretty
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-18.jpg

Here I have just brushed by Eric Yorkie and refused to be interviewed for the school paper
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-4.jpg

But my presence has not gone unnoticed
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-30.jpg

Where should I run? Maybe to that meadow back there??
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-28.jpg

2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-19.jpg

I turn back... is there anybody following me??
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-27.jpg

DUN DUN DUN
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-17.jpg

We enter a beautiful meadow
83360026.jpg

SAY IT!
83360020.jpg

VAMPIRE....

YES! That is the actual meadow scene up there all blocked off there because the Parks and Rec people would prefer it if we irritating and relentless twi-people didn't keep trampling all the greens in there. My friend Amy talked me into that dramatic pose. Ugh, what I won't do for a good trip report. :sad2:

Here I am happy to be amongst the actual area wherest it all goes down. In the DVD when the "PLAY" page is on you can see Edward is standing right there. Those are the same piled up logs in the background! :faint:

83360019.jpg

more shots of Oxbow Park - this place is quite aways from St Helen's and is closer to the View Point Inn and the Columbia Gorge.
83360025.jpg

Ok, so...right after that Edward bit and then turned me and I immediately ate this guy
83360028.jpg

True Story.

TO BE CON'T

:lmao: That Edward cutout is freaking sooo funny. :rotfl: I love it!!!

More!! :banana:

Oh, BTW, I really love your DD's hoodie with the little horns. That is SO awesome!! :goodvibes

:lmao: That Edward cutout is freaking sooo funny. :rotfl: I love it!!!

More!! :banana:

Oh, BTW, I really love your DD's hoodie with the little horns. That is SO awesome!! :goodvibes

HEHEHEHEH! Thanks for reading COURTNEY! I'm glad you're having fun with it :D More is on the way as we speak!

DAY 2

So we got up bright eyed and bush tailed (after a lovely homeade dinner with friends in a fantastic setting and a themed cake)
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-29.jpg
2009-04-04-09TwilightMomsTripDay-22.jpg

and headed up to the Washington side of the Columbia River. It was about a 45 min to an hour drive from civilization (and I use that term loosely) and what were we all gazing at? The other side of the river!

Those loonie birds drove all the way up here to catch a glimpse of me! The dreaded Mamaratazi!
IMG_0117.jpg
2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Viewp.jpg

So yea... somewhere up here are some trees that Edward and Bella sat in... here is a link to the scene: http://www.twilightmovie.org/page/Twilight+Movie+Pictures

Are those tree's important?
2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Vi-1.jpg

Do they might match up?
SETPICTURE.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg

Who knows.. the area was right and the views were phenomenal. I was glad I went.
IMG_0125.jpg

The Baseball Field was a neverending source of secrecy. It seems the owners are not interested in letting people on their property. Supposedly if you look down from where we were just standing (above) you could see the area where the actual baseball field was. I'm not sure why they didn't just film the scene right where we were. This field was directly next to the cliffs I just photographed.

Looks like the baseball field to me!
IMG_0115.jpg

The bridge that Charlie and Bella drive across as they enter "Forks" is actually called "Bridge of the Gods" and it spans the divide over the Columbia River between Washington State and Oregon State. Here it is -

IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0138.jpg

The next picture is, obviously, not mine but it is one of my favorite parts of the movie BECAUSE everytime I see it it makes me feel so weird inside. I am also a transplant from a hot place (Las Vegas, NV) to a small, beach side Pacific Northwest Town (Coos Bay, OR) and that is definitely my personal connection to Bella. I was such a fish out of water... anyway.. this next picture really embodies my feelings and visual thoughts about this part of the country and when I see Bella and Edward sitting there it makes me feel like at any moment I could see them hanging around RIGHT HERE where I live and breathe. I know it's weird- but I like it.

These pylon things are everywhere around here!
SETpic.jpg

Ok, so back over the bridge, on the Oregon side, our crew stopped in at Multnomah Falls.

What took you guys so long???
2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Vi-2.jpg

This is an extremely popular tourist site here in the Portland area. If you live anywhere in So Cal and get out of state visitors you take them to Disneyland.. In Portland, we take them to Multnomah Falls. OH MY GOD I MISS CALIFORNIA (I'm originally from there)! Oh well.. it's beautiful up here.. we make do.

While at Multnomah Falls we ate at the lovely and rustic Multnomah Lodge for Sunday Brunch. The french toast business was OUT OF THIS WORLD! and...
Because I know you are all dis'ers at heart I KNOW you enjoy your food porn.
2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Vi-4.jpg
2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Vi-3.jpg

If you drive directly UP from Multnomah Falls about a half an hour or so you will find the View Point Inn
2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Vi-11.jpg

This is the room the prom took place in
2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Vi-10.jpg

Upstairs is the last scene in the movie where Victoria looks out over our love birds
2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Vi-8.jpg

Close up out the window
2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Vi-9.jpg

Side note, I loved Rachelle. I wish she was able to keep her place in the Saga. (Tear) moving on..

You can buy bricks at the Inn to help restore it. Some of us disers got together and bought one
2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Vi-13.jpg
2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Vi-14.jpg

You can buy your own brick and take your place in Twilight history AND help the Inn stay in business for you to visit in the future!

Down the other side of the mountain aways from the View Point is Oxbow park. I know I showed you those pics already but that's because they went so well with the story. Here are just a couple more.

2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Vi-7.jpg

Double Checking our facts

2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Vi-6.jpg

2009-04-05TwilightmomsTripday2Vi-5.jpg

That concludes Day 2

TO BE CONTINUED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter