• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

What do you ladies do for a bra with all these dresses? That’s been my biggest stepping block with them.

I bought the Monsters Inc. dress during our trip a couple of weeks ago. Got the 20% AP discount. It’s a beautiful dress. Size L fits well. Which is a huge adjustment for me since I had gastric bypass four months ago and was in a 2X. Crazy!

Received my MK dress today. I absolutely love the material and the style. My plan - like with the ToT dress, was to turn the "halter" into normal up/over straps (which would also allow me to wear a normal bra). I ordered a medium - which is what all of my Dress Shop dresses are - as I am currently a chunky 140 lbs, 5'1" - 36B chest. The dress technically fits. However I have decided to return it.

The elastic side panels bulge and the back does not stay "up". Changing to 'straps' would probably help the stay up problem, but the accordion sides show all of my bulges (or maybe its just the fabric bumping) - which the other dresses don't, even with their stretchy fabric.

I'm really upset because I really like this dress - and I liked it even more once I saw it in person.

**very sad monday**

Received my MK dress today. I absolutely love the material and the style. My plan - like with the ToT dress, was to turn the "halter" into normal up/over straps (which would also allow me to wear a normal bra). I ordered a medium - which is what all of my Dress Shop dresses are - as I am currently a chunky 140 lbs, 5'1" - 36B chest. The dress technically fits. However I have decided to return it.

The elastic side panels bulge and the back does not stay "up". Changing to 'straps' would probably help the stay up problem, but the accordion sides show all of my bulges (or maybe its just the fabric bumping) - which the other dresses don't, even with their stretchy fabric.

I'm really upset because I really like this dress - and I liked it even more once I saw it in person.

**very sad monday**

Oh no :flower3: I'm returning mine as well. I'm not impressed with the yellow mustard color choice. Since this is more of a Spring/Summer dress made of light cotton why not use a brighter color? :sad2:

These dresses are so beautiful and I desperately want them, but goodness are they pricey. Maybe I'm just cheap. All my park dresses are $10-$20 from Ross. $100+ is more than I can comprehend, despite my dress obsession. I do, however, fully intend to wander the dress shop and pine and sigh over all the lovelies.

View attachment 301686

Posting the teacup dress that I wore to the Parks last Sunday. Perfect length for enjoying the rides. I wore it with a yellow cardigan because of the breeze

I have this dress too I love it! Look s fab on you!

**very sad monday**

Aww so sorry to hear you are returning it...I have the green tea cup dress above..is the material stretchy like that one?

Oh no :flower3: I'm returning mine as well. I'm not impressed with the yellow mustard color choice. Since this is more of a Spring/Summer dress made of light cotton why not use a brighter color? :sad2:

Aww such a shame...its lovely on you!

Does the shop still stock the Small World dress? I'm crossing my fingers it's there when I go in April, because I'm in love. It's also not in Shop Parks and no longer on Shop Disney (although I saw all sizes except medium on there just a few days ago).

**very sad monday**
Awww, that's so disappointing. But I'm glad that you posted this - I've been so tempted to buy the MK & Monsters Inc dresses on-line but this proves that I should just wait until my trip (53 days to go) and try them on. I've had issues with dresses with those elasticized panels before - you think it would make the dress fit better (since it's stretching to your shape) but instead you end up looking lumpy. I hope I'll have better luck but at least this has prepared me for potential disappointment.

I use fairytalepersonalshopper.com she is amazing even ships
To the uk only a small fee too

Thank you so much for recommending fairytalepersonalshopper! She managed to snag me the MK dress for my trip next week. She offered to either personally deliver it to my room or drop it off at the front desk to hold for me until we check-in. Now that's service!!

Thank you so much for recommending fairytalepersonalshopper! She managed to snag me the MK dress for my trip next week. She offered to either personally deliver it to my room or drop it off at the front desk to hold for me until we check-in. Now that's service!!
She is amazing!!!! Really helpful!....Hope you love the dress .. I really want one Beth at Fairytale says she will pick me one up and send to me in Ireland..... just worried about the sizes

What do you ladies do for a bra with all these dresses? That’s been my biggest stepping block with them.
I usually just wear my bra that has black bra straps with my black halter dresses. I will also wear my bra that has pale pink straps if another colour halter. I used to care about how I looked but my partner thinks I look great and he is the only one I'm trying to impress so...plus chances are I am never going to see these people again and well if they are too busy judging me for my style when they are at Disney and there are more important things they could be doing than that's their problem.

Does the shop still stock the Small World dress? I'm crossing my fingers it's there when I go in April, because I'm in love. It's also not in Shop Parks and no longer on Shop Disney (although I saw all sizes except medium on there just a few days ago).
the small world dress made it to the outlets so I'm guessing no. if you mean the little blue sundress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter