~The Daily Grind~ 11/2/09

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ FlyLady
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: November Habit - Menu Planning http://www.flylady.net/pages/focus_nov.a
Zone of the week - Zone 1 - The Front Porch/Entrance/Dining Room

Link to Flylady Holiday Cruising: http://www.flylady.net/pages/holidaycruising1.asp

~The Daily Grind~ 11/2/09 IT'S NOVEMBER!!!!

It's Monday again!! AND the first Monday of Standard Time...My clock is so messed up!! Full time is kicking me in the hiney too. Going to GNC for some stuff today... Vit D and magnesium to start...and maybe try those fullbars. I already take 2 multi vits and an extra B complex... I'll be the one rattling when she walks :goodvibes

My List for Today:

Caffeinate
smiley_drinkcoffee.gif
This repeats every day!!

Work till 3p

GNC

Dinner...I had a request for fried rice again...so that's easy.

Have a Great Day Everyone!! :teeth:

Good morning, everyone!! It's Monday--but I'm so glad to finally be feeling better from last week that I'm not even sweating Monday!! (Of course, maybe I'm just sick in the head and that's the problem!!)

I hope everyone gets the extra vitamins needed to get going on this time change. . .not to mention getting geared up for the holidays!! Only 17 working days (counting today) until Thanksgiving Break!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Clean DH's bathroom
4. Pack lunches
5. Journal some Disney pages?--did some, but I hope to do a few more tonight!
6. DS up
7. DS to mom's
8. All of DS's stuff for week to Mom's
9. Work--try to catch up from being out 2 1/2 days last week!!
10. Call for Santa picture appt--poo. My Santa pic place isn't doing them this year. We can do Santa at Disney, right??
11. Remind DH to pick up stuff after work
12. Pick up DS
13. Fold more laundry & put away
14. Wash laundry

15. P365 pic
16. Organize P365 stuff
17. Clean my bathroom
18. Spaghetti for dinner--DH brought home Salsarita's
19. Try to avoid Sonic sweet tea today--I LOVE them!!! But they are tearing up my stomach. :sad1:
20. Watch a DVR'd show
21. Finish dusting
22. Go to sleep sort of early!!

Everyone have an AWESOME Monday! It's Day 2 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving--remember all we have to be thankful for!!

Somebody please let my cats know that the time changed and that means that the old 5:30 a.m. is now 4:30 a.m. and I do NOT want to get up at 4:30!!!!!! They didn't adjust their internal clocks!!:rotfl:

My day:
DS up and off to school
Laundry
Tidy living room
Clean kitchen

Work
Grocery store
Pick up prescription
Dinner - chicken pot pie
Finish last group of Newbie swap
Organize things to get started on Surprise swap
Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good Morning!

Stephanie I am right with you- my dogs haven't adjusted either.

Today:
fold and put away laundry
clean off dining table
put away things in scrap room where they belong
dinner- chicken, potatoes, vegies
cut things for Newbie swap
begin working on Christmas projects

Rebecca

Non Adjusted Dogs here too. :rotfl2:

Get kiddos out the door.
Figure what I need for a grocery run.
Call car shop about insurance from the mobile dentist who banged my quarter panel.
Spray basement with bleach. Yes, there is still a mold/mildew problem there. :headache: We may never be able to have a finished basement again.
Catch up on laundry.
Get swap and CJ to post office.
Fix something for dinner. Has Deb shared the recipe for fried rice and I'm too blonde to find it?
Kiddos get dinner and homework done.

morning everyone

well it's monday again.

ds, up, dressed, breakfast, bus
work
prep supper?? no clue
pay some bills
laundry
supervise homework
birthday card in the mail to my sister

have a great monday everyone. remember to have fun.

I don't know her recipe but I do fried rice at times. The best fried rice is made with day old rice but you can make it early in the day and freeze it for the same effect.

1 part rice
1 part meat
1 part vegies
egg
oil
seasoning packet- I use sunmaid- ginger, teriaki, soy sauce are the main seasonings

It doesn't matter how much I just use the same amount of each- if you want it more vegie based than decrease the meat and add more vegies. But 2 parts filling to 1 part rice is the ratio I use.

For meat I use chopped whatever I have or canned shrimp (just depending on what in the household like). If I have time I marinate my chicken/pork/beef in teriaki sauce for a litle bit of time before cooking.

For vegies- I use whatever I have around the house- peppers, celery, carrots, mushrooms(don't save well- the rice will taste sour after 1 day), scallion/onion, brocoli- whatever I have on hand. Chop into pieces about 1/2 inch

To Cook:
Cook meat (except shrimp) in a large skillet and then set it aside.
Scramble 1-2 eggs in the skillet and then set aside chopping coarsely (I omit the egg since DH is allegric to basic eggs- he can eat them bakeed into things but not in their original form)
Heat oil in skillet (smae without washing)- you want enough to cover rice- I generally use 2 tbls per cup of rice (I don't measure just guesstimate).
Add in chopped scallions/onions cooking until slightly softened- about 1-2 minutes
Add in rice and stir to coat- cook about 2 minutes
Add in hard vegies- carrots/ celery- cook about 2 minutes
Add in soft vegies- cook about 2 minutes
Add in cooked egg and meat- cook about 1 minute
Add in seasoning packet and stir to coat- taste and add more ginger, soy and/or teriaki to taste- cook about 2 minutes
Serve

My version is a Filipino Fried Rice we learned to make from native Filipinos while living in Hawaii.

Rebecca

morning all I'm trying to get back on a schedule :headache:

guess my dogs are the only ones who want to sleep in. big dog has no desire to get up in the am course he doesn't most ams now that it's cold, puppy actually crawled in bed with us (a nono in this house) and her father didn't even yell at her think he wanted to stay in bed too, dang school schedule.

lets see:
am routine is done
need to vac bathroom
kitchen table again
livingroom vac rug and de clutter
stairs clean off and vac
upstairs hall vac

interview at 3:45 cross fingers please I really want this job.

someone do afternoon routine with boys
home to do dinner and homework
bed at a decent hour

have a great day all

Christy--->
i'll keep my fingers crossed. you can do it. you can get this job. you want it/go get it!!!!!!
positive energy.

DH has to agree with all of you, someone needs to set the internal clocks for pets! He was furious this AM to be woke up because once he is up, he is up... the cat had him up at 4:45am and he tossed and turned the rest of the morning... :(

Today:
morning routine
youngest on bus
older ones up, movin'
ck email/DIS

empty dishwasher
older ones on bus
pay bills
research some info @ the bank (teen accounts/savings/interest bearing accts)
prep dinner (chicken potpie)
pick up kdg child
upload photos
work on SENIOR ad for DsS (I got a great photo from Halloween to use)
find sports photos for DsS's SENIOR ad
LO SENIOR ad (1. scrapbook page; 2. in proper format for HS)
lunch
scrapbook a few pages
homework duty
pick up DD from conditioning
pick up DS from BB
dinner
relax

Hope everyone has a good day!
Christy, good luck with the interview!!

Christy, good luck with the interview.
Thanks Rebecca. I think I may try that. I'll go cook some Jasmine rice in a minute.

Thanks you ladies I need all the luck I can get. the market up here has always been bad not high just VERY competitive. Need to get cleaning to get my mind off the whole thing. so cross fingers and toes and send as Holly says positive energy and lots of pixie dust. Off to find my kitchen

Good luck Christy!

I like the time change because I can sleep in (technically) in the mornings, but I was getting tired at 10 last night, which was weird for me - so I went to bed then, meaning I have more work to do now.

To-do:
Up
Send PM to Susan for DH address

Finish homework for today
Breakfast
Get ready for school
Go in early, get cards from a guy who made some at home
Class #1
Call Bath & Body Works about being a seasonal employee
Meeting (?)
Class #2
Work
Home
Homework

Only six more weeks of school!

Good luck Christy - we are all pulling for you.

Up
coffee
call Dentist - broke a tooth last night ouch!
Podiatry appointment - ankle seems to be doing OK
Tidy up first floor
Laundry
clear 2nd floor hall (again)
Grocery shop for dinner tonight (rack of lamb)
Pick up the bean
Make dinner
Make Honeydo list for dh;)

I'm working today. PrincessM has chorus today, but DH will pick her up. I'm getting a loaf of bread and some cheese for grilled cheese sammies tonight. Easy dinner!

Christy, good luck, I'll be thinking of you!

If anyone is interested, this is the wedding I went to on Halloween night. The bride did most, if not all, of the decorating herself. It was lovely.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I tried to post this earlier, but it wouldn't let me.

Christy--good luck with the interview! You will rock it!! ;) Sending lots of positive thoughts, prayers, and pixie dust!!

Quick question for y'all--I posted this above in my post, but not til later. I called the place where we normally take DS for Santa pics, but this year, they're not doing Santa. :sad1: So, is there a place in WDW where DS can meet Santa? We'll be there the 16-20, and I can't remember from the last time we went in December (it was 5 years ago--I've slept since then! Plus, it was just DH & I, so I wasn't all that concerned with Santa pics!) Any suggestions?

Brooke, I seem to remember Santa being at Downtown Disney when we were there for Thanksgiving last year. I'd call WDW and find out!

Santa meets in the Magic Kingdom - near guest services normally through Dec. You can get a picture with Santa and Mrs. Claus at the American Adventure in Epcot (as soon as holidays around the world start after Thanksgiving Day). He also does pictures in DTD as mentioned.

Rebecca

We don't go during Christmas to WDW.... but there is a cute place in Downtown Disney that has statues of a scene.. we did our family photo there in 2005 I believe..

I'll email you a photo...

I know you want one w/ Santa too.... :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter