The "Boo to Us" Weight Loss Challenge

Day 8 of 14 Staycation - Retrospective

I took it easy yesterday. Decided to just lay on the couch and watch my Aussie Rules team WIN the Grand Final match. :cool1:

princess::upsidedow

Well I haven't been posting here much since my "Event" that I wanted to lose the weight for came and went, I've barely lost 8 pounds since I started 2 months ago.

If you follow some of the other threads, you know that my freezer died and I spent the last week cooking TONS of meat. OK maybe not tons, but at least 100 lbs. of turkey, ham, roast beef, tri tip, steaks, and chickens + parts. Hasn't helped the diet much because we've had hot turkey and roast beef sandwiches which pretty much means, sliced meat, bread and gravy. Traditionally they are also served with mashed potatoes, but I drew the line there. Not a very diet friendly food, but I curse Fran for having introduced me to that wonderful dinner, because they are quite tasty!

I'll have to be extra good because three weeks from now I will be at WDW sampling all the wonderful F&W items and there are a lot that I want to try.....soooooo

The challenge will be tomorrow morning when we have to be in Hollywood at 9AM to get ready for rehearsal (and it's 30 minute drive without traffic). Do I get the yogurt parfait at McDonald's or do I succumb and order the Sausage McMuffin? I'll probably end up with both the way that I feel tonight. :sick: Bleh.

I have been super slacking on posting this week. I did "shred" Monday-Thursday and while I feel accomplished after, I'm not sure I'm making much progress. We're still walking, but not as often. It's been pretty busy around here, but I should have time for a more detailed update tomorro!

My Staycation is Over

And I was rather slack in posting over the last week or so.

I didn't do too badly on the exercise front. Over the last 7 days, aside from 2 rain/showery days, I managed to get at least one bike ride in. I also managed to complete most of the stomach/leg exercises as planned except for 2 days.

But I was pretty bad on the food front. My main meal portion sizes were reasonable...but snacking was really horrible.

Tomorrow, I'm back to work. I'm hoping to maintain at least 4 days a week cycling and keep the tummy/leg exercising going. I think I'm in the routine for the home exercising now. Just need to get my snacks under control. :headache:

I think it was the first week in August that I revived this thread. That's when my dirndl arrived and there was no way I was fitting in it. I lost enough to fit in it but not comfortably.

I've lost about 9 pounds since the first week of August. Today I weighed in at the lowest I've been since then, but I also weighed in at that weight in the past. Probably around the Oktoberfest I went up and now I'm back down. We'll see on the day after tomorrow when I'm back in #1 where the scale is. We have not more eating events (although I'm going to eat in the park on Tuesday when I go out for my spa treatment at the GCH, I get to use the pool and other spa facilities, so I'll have lunch and then come back and enjoy. I suppose it's better than the corn dog palace. I plan on going to one of the new eateries, Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta.)

The WDW trip is about 2 weeks away! :banana: Then all restrictions are off. Food and Wine here I come!

Sum Up

From August to now, I've lost 2 kg. That's about 4 - 5 lbs. And I've lost about 1 kg over the last 2 weeks.

I'm determined to lose 5 - 10 kgs.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread!

Back to work today. I got coffee in the morning from a different shop and they didn't have any healthy breakfast options. So, I figured I would get it somewhere else.

Somehow, with the work schedule in the morning, I never got round to getting breakfast...so I was practically giddy and light headed by the time lunch came round. Lunch ended up being a chicken schnitzel foccacia with lettuce and mayo. I didn't eat it all...left about 1/4 behind.

Dinner was baked jacket potato with all the trimmings.

And for snacks? I made some apple cider donuts at the weekend....baked, not fried. So, I had two of those today.

I'm guessing about 18-20 WW points today.

It's been a while since I've posted. Not that I haven't been thinking of it; but somehow...I've just not gotten round to it this week.

So, I've been reasonable with my food.....my exercising? Not so much. Sometime soon, I'd like to be able to claim that I was good in BOTH food and exercise in the same week!

But the semi-good news......I got on the scale today. It's been about 2 weeks since I last stood on them. It looks like I've lost some....maybe about 1 lb or just slightly less. It's definitely less than the last time but they haven't decreased by as much as 1 kilogram (which is what my scale measures in).

Hopefully in 2 weeks time, I can claim a full kilogram weight loss.

Dieting with a busy schedule just doesn't mix. It has been crazy hectic the past couple weeks. Work and home both. Thankfully, it should be calmer now... :lmao: riiiiiight. I am working the next 9 days in a row, and then I have 2 days off before I leave for vacation!! I don't think I have lost much (if any) but I am determined to not completely blow my dieting plans. I will just have to wear pants that are too tight, and hopefully the discomfort will motivate me to lose more when I get back. Plus, I am determined to excerise on the ship. The way I see it, the biggest reason I don't exercise now is lack of time. I have 7 days with very little to do, there will be plenty of down time. No excuses. My goal is to exercise 5 times at least. Especially since Jack will be in the kids club a lot I am sure. I want to start the new year lighter, instead of starting it needing to diet. I know it will be hard with the holidays, but I am going to give it a shot at least.

We'll be here when you get back. Now that we are heading towards warmer weather, I'm hoping to kick up the exercise routine.

I know what you mean about hectic schedule! I can't eat well with everything going on, I'm hovering at the same weight so that's better than gaining anything, but I'm leaving for the F&W Festival in 6 days. I need to be good for the next few days before we go hog wild! :lmao:

I know the holidays are not really a good time to try and get back on the diet wagon, but when is it ever ?? With that in mind, I am going to try and get back on track. I seem to have veered wayyyyyyy of course, and my motivation to get right isn't really there, but I am going to do it regardless. I have a New Years Eve party this year, and while I don't expect to look stunning by then, but I would prefer to not wait for January 1 and just use that as an excuse to gain 10 more pounds before starting! I don't have a firm plan in place, but I know I need to do something or else none of my clothes will fit!

I just saw this thread.

About 4 months ago I set a goal to lose 10 lbs. by my birthday. 3 weeks ago I hit that goal & am at 10 & 1/2 lbs off & my birthday is tomorrow. Now...I hope to keep it up & lose 6 & 1/2 more lbs. to reach my final goal.

I've just ate healther, quit eating when full & walked 2 miles most everyday.

I just wonder what our deluxe dining coming up in less than 3 weeks will do. Eating all those desserts! I say I'll spend the next few weeks after we get back trying to get back to where I was before we went!

I don't know how much your cruise set you back, and I suppose that's not the kind of thing you'll share on your TR! :lmao:

With Fran being so sick, I haven't had much of an appetite, so I've ended up losing a little weight. I'm down 11 pounds from when I revived the thread in August.

I hope that you get back on a plan and start losing before the New Year comes in!

I just saw this thread.

About 4 months ago I set a goal to lose 10 lbs. by my birthday. 3 weeks ago I hit that goal & am at 10 & 1/2 lbs off & my birthday is tomorrow. Now...I hope to keep it up & lose 6 & 1/2 more lbs. to reach my final goal.

I just wonder what our deluxe dining coming up in less than 3 weeks will do. Eating all those desserts! I say I'll spend the next few weeks after we get back trying to get back to where I was before we went!

Welcome!

I haven't lost a thing since I last checked in! :sad2:

I just saw this thread.

Hi! I just saw this post. I can't think that the deluxe dining plan helps anything but Disney's wallet! Even though there are healthy alternatives on all the Disney menus, it's no fun to eat those instead of the tasty ones! Great job on reaching your goal and good luck on the secondary one!

I just saw this thread.

Welcome, and congrats on making your goal!!

We did the Deluxe plan last December. It will probably set you back a bit, but you do get a lot of walking in at WDW so, not as much as it normally would. Sounds like fun though, what meals do you have planned?

I don't know how much your cruise set you back, and I suppose that's not the kind of thing you'll share on your TR! :lmao:

With Fran being so sick, I haven't had much of an appetite, so I've ended up losing a little weight. I'm down 11 pounds from when I revived the thread in August.

I hope that you get back on a plan and start losing before the New Year comes in!

I'd say the cruise might have set me back about 5 pounds. But I was already in pretty bad shape when I went, so 5 pounds was NOT welcome! :rotfl: The nice thing I noticed is that portion sizes aren't huge. Of course you can order and eat as much as you want, but I only once ordered two desserts, and that was because I couldn't decide. There were a few times I ordered two appetizers, but usually one was a soup and one was a salad... And I didn't finish my entree about 50% of the time. It was the drinks that did me in! Plus, despite my goal to get to the gym at least 5 times, I never once made it. I was shocked when I looked back at how little down time I actually had. I was sure I would be so bored that I would go to the gym just to have something to do! :lmao:

11 pounds is great!! I'm sorry to hear Fran isn't feeling well! :sick:

Welcome!

I haven't lost a thing since I last checked in! :sad2:

Lol, but have you gained? I am certain I have! :rolleyes1

Hey Steph. Not long now to your trip! :cool1:

I haven't gained, which was great news. I've been really good the last 7 days and think I can see some southward movement on my scales again. I am determined to lose a couple more pounds before Christmas and hold on to the loses over the festivities. And then start losing some more next year.

Naturally this holiday week has been bad for the diet, but its mostly over and I do believe most of the food is gone, lol! I did wake up in the middle of the night on Thanksgiving and was still SO FULL. I didn't even really eat that much, and I didn't have ANY dessert because I was so full from dinner! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter