The "Boo to Us" Weight Loss Challenge

I'm back on the bandwagon.

So I've been to Hong Kong and back......came back with bronchitis and it took me over 5 weeks to start to feel better. The coughing was tiresome.

I'd also been eating a bit more food to try to recover some energy levels. I hadn't really not weighed in to WW and have complied with their weekly rules but the weight had been yo-yoing all over the place.

The good news is that I'm back. Today being Monday and all, I had another weigh-in. I'm up to a weight loss of 4.6 kg. That's just a little over 10 lbs now. :banana:

I'd like to lose another 1.5 - 2 kilos before the end of June.

I didn't want to say it in your TR, but in your pics you look like you've lost some weight.

I have still be regularly weighing in weekly but its been a yoyo for me. I'm still at the 4 kg weight loss mark.

My team leader says I'm doing all the right things and we've varied and 'tweaked' my regular meals to change it up a little.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get out of this plateau?

Since the last time I posted, I've pretty much stayed the same....I've lost 4 kgs. I can definitely say that after the family dinner at the end of June, I've lost a little motivation for losing weight and have eaten a bit more than I should on the WW plan.

However, we're now at the end of July and I'm starting to think about summer. I would like to lose another 3 or 4 kilos.

Anyone else?

I hope you lose your 4 kg. I am looking to lose about 5 or so lbs which is I think a little less. I'm just trying to get under 200lbs. I'm really close, and I seem to hardly eat anything, however, a lot of it is fast food, but I think that is the problem. My body thinks that it is being starved so it has gone into starvation mode and is holding on to any food that I eat.

I'm wanting to lose about 100 lbs! Lol :lmao:

Well not really but sometimes it feels like that right? This job is killing my diet for some reason, I CANNOT figure it out. However I have 2 new incentives...

1. My sister and I are wanting ro run the WDW marathon in 2014. That gives me just under 18 months to prepare... I'm doing it in honor of my 30th birthday! The marathon is alway right near my bday so this will make it even more special. Then afterwards our plan is to hop on a Disney cruise :cool1: Nice recovery in my opinion.

2. I am "dating" someone. He lives in my area, but he works for Northrop Grumman and goes to Africa for 4-5 weeks at a time, and then comes home for 4 weeks. We've only made it on one actual date but we have been chatting for about 4 months now and the chemistry on our first date was great. Work called him away unexpectedly a couple days after, which is why I haven't seen him more, but we ahve a lot in common and get a long great. I know it's never a good idea to lose weight "for" a boy, but it's really just a little extra motivation ;)

So hopefully I can get "back on track"... as if I was ever on!!

Stephi - congrats on the new relationship. You sound happy.

So, let's step it up on the eating healthy and losing weight for the rest of the year. :thumbsup2

I hope you lose your 5 lbs. That's a nice target to have. :goodvibes

Well really add a zero to that number and that's what I'd LIKE to lose, but I'm starting small...you know what they say about women over 40 losing weight! :rotfl:

Congrats on the new "friend" Steph. I hope it works out for you two.

Stephi - congrats on the new relationship. You sound happy.

So, let's step it up on the eating healthy and losing weight for the rest of the year. :thumbsup2

Well really add a zero to that number and that's what I'd LIKE to lose, but I'm starting small...you know what they say about women over 40 losing weight! :rotfl:

Thanks ladies! I sincerely hope this works out too, lol. I just don't have the energy to go hunting for a new boy if this doesn't go well :lmao:

Alison - On the Dis, everyone is young and ageless!

Today is weigh-in day and I gained over 1 lb.

I think it was the work dinner that did it. I had an off-site overnight stay for work, complete with feastfesta dinner.

I thought I was good for 2 courses....sticking with the seafood options. (Actually, I didn't really have a choice as these were the alternating plates that ended up on my place.)

0803Workfunction031.jpg

0803Workfunction118.jpg

I suspect that dessert was the one that just killed my good eating habits for the week.

0803Workfunction134.jpg

We also had an excess of food for breakfast and lunch. Back to the simpler menu this week.

I've been doing ok this week. I haven't actually stepped on a scale, but I've been super careful about what I'm eating and how much. I also managed to drag my butt out of bed twice last week at 5 am to go running! This week has been harder because I haven't gotten much sleep so getting up early is NOT happening. I am doing the Susan G Komen 5K this Sunday though with my mom and sisters and a couple friends so at least I know I will get some excercise! It's probably going to be ridiculously hot too. Of course we are going to brunch after... :rotfl: and then spending the day at the waterpark! So I will excercise, eat more calories than I burned, and then go put on a bathing suit that will motivate me even more to work out :rotfl2: I need to get out and run at least one more time this week before the 5K, though we are just walking that so we'll see...

Alison - On the Dis, everyone is young and ageless!

Except on the WITW thread where they claim to be over 16 in dog years! :rotfl:

I didn't get on the scale this morning, but I did just snack my way through the Costco buffet.

Well, I did the 5k this morning and I was relatively pleased. I walked with my mom and didn't run at all and finished in under an hour, which I know isn't fantastic or anything, but I wasn't suffering at all lol. My sister ran some parts and walked like a demon and finished in about 45 minutes. I was just glad my legs didn't cramp up or anything since I have barely run in months! I do need new running shoes though...

Congrats Steph! Sounds like you're going well.

Sadly, I gained 0.5 kg today. :(

Thanks! Sorry about the gain, it is always frustrating! People keep telling me I look like I am losing weight... but I haven't actually weighed myself :rotfl: Probably something I should do...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter