The 4th Annual Christmas Shopping Thread!!

I will be thinking seriously of Christmas after we return from Disney on September 8th. I usually start about then and get something each pay until Christmas and try my hardest to to use my credit card if possible. I don't go all out at Christmas.

This year will be pretty slim and I have already told the kids that since we are going to Disney. This trip is most likely the one and only one ever.

DS will be 14 and he is so hard to buy for. Too old for toys and if you ask him, he had no clue what he wants. How do you buy for someone who can't tell you what he wants. The only thing he does want, I can't buy for him, and that would be his first gf!! LOL :lmao: He already has an ipod, he and his brother share a ps3, they have a wii at their dad's and he has a nintendo ds, although it doesn't work great. I wasn't planning on spending that much $ if I were to replace it, although I will see.

DD will be the only one left who believes in Santa. As much as I don't want that to end, I will be somewhat glad to not have to try and pretend anymore. They will still get a gift from Santa but I will have more choices, like say a gift card for older DS.

I never know what to buy my partner. She changes her mind so she keeps me on my toes. :confused3

Merry Christmas!!!

My ds was hard to buy for the year of 13/14..but he had started to play guitar, so my hubby surprised him with an electric guitar...maybe he will give you a hint between now and then!!!

I am glad to see I am not the only one thinking about Xmas now. I want to just get it done so I can enjoy the holidays! I actually just sent all my DD's outgrown winter clothes and stuff to my eBay Trading Assistant who sells it for me and I am hoping to make enough from that to finish all my Xmas shopping and be done! Here is what I am planning:

DD (will be 4 at Xmas)
-Playmobil Dinosaur Sets
-Dinosaur Train train and extra car and character sets
-Storage Case for Dinosaur Train characters
-couple iXL games
-Tag books
-Cars 2 on Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack
-Cars 2 Finn McMissile transforming car
-Couple new games
-Fun Facts Buddy (from Dinosaur Train)
-couple new games

Stocking
-Small Playmobil dino set

Then we do new Xmas jammies and ornaments.

DH:
-Keurig coffee machine
-Coffee Sampler pack
-Coffee storage tower
-Travel mug
-New mug for home with picture of our DD
-Beer Brewing Kit-maybe

Stocking
-Lotto cards

I am planning on photo calendars for all the grandparents from our DD.

Nephew-Lego game
Niece-iTunes GC
Niece-
Niece-

Neighbor's-We always exchange cookies. Then they have 3 kiddos.
A-American Girl GC
P-iTunes GC
C-Lotto cards

DH's Cousin (DD godmother)-iTunes GC and a photo travel mug from DD

As you can see I am still struggling with what to get for some people. I like meaningful gifts but I struggle with that for a bunch of people. I was thinking about a Nook or Kindle for my Mom but I am not sure she would use it. We bought her a Wii and she doesn't use it.

I am glad to see I am not the only one thinking about Xmas now. I want to just get it done so I can enjoy the holidays! I actually just sent all my DD's outgrown winter clothes and stuff to my eBay Trading Assistant who sells it for me and I am hoping to make enough from that to finish all my Xmas shopping and be done! Here is what I am planning:

DD (will be 4 at Xmas)
-Playmobil Dinosaur Sets
-couple iXL games
-Tag books
-Couple new games
-couple new games

Stocking

DH:
-Keurig coffee machine
-Coffee Sampler pack
-Coffee storage tower
-Travel mug
-Beer Brewing Kit-maybe

Stocking
-Lotto cards

Nephew-Lego game
Niece-iTunes GC
Niece-
Niece-

A-American Girl GC
P-iTunes GC
C-Lotto cards

As you can see I am still struggling with what to get for some people. I like meaningful gifts but I struggle with that for a bunch of people. I was thinking about a Nook or Kindle for my Mom but I am not sure she would use it. We bought her a Wii and she doesn't use it.

Even though you have some,like your mom, that you are undecided about, you have a wonderful list already!!! I think that's the majority of the reason people put off Christmas/shopping in general! They are just not prepared! The list is your friend!! LOL...you will get some great ideas here in the next few months....I have also come to love GCs!!!! I used to think it was lazy, like people weren't really trying...but I have encountered some extremely hard to buy for family/friends and this is just a great way to make people happy!!
For our friends, we don't buy for each one of the parents and kids...we usually do a family gift,...Like gift card to the movie theatre or their favorite restaraunt ....added to a tin full of homemade cookies and chex mix, or whatever we bake that year!

DD (will be 4 at Xmas)
-Playmobil Dinosaur Sets
-couple iXL games
-Tag books
-Couple new games
-couple new games

Stocking

DH:
-Keurig coffee machine
-Coffee Sampler pack
-Coffee storage tower
-Travel mug
-Beer Brewing Kit-maybe

Stocking
-Lotto cards

Nephew-Lego game
Niece-iTunes GC
Niece-
Niece-

A-American Girl GC
P-iTunes GC
C-Lotto cards

Thanks for the idea of lotto cards for stocking stuffers! I have to add that to my list.
I am on every christmas thread on these boards:lmao: I think I need therapy for christmas addicts.

Hip Hip Hooray! So happy to see this thread again this year Shawna. I am getting my list together at this very moment. I already got some great ideas from other posters. I will be back soon to share my list too when I'm on a computer (using the droid now).

It feels a little weird humming It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year while still wearing flip flops ... but it does make me very happy! Have a great day everyone!

I am pretty lucky. We are going to Disney for Xmas so that is our big present.

The kids will get GC for the birthdays and as part of the xmas gift. I only really need to do stockings.

We all have late birthdays so I tend to go a bit over board on that.

I have pretty much decided $25 gift cards for my brothers family.

I am thinking scratch offs and small gifts for the inlaws.

That leaves my mom and dad which are horrible to shop for and my sister and her DH.

I am seriously thinking handmade for them.

I also need to figure out something for my Godson but that might be a small toy and GC since they are having a rough time financially.

think I will start buying those gift cards soon.

This is my first time on this thread and I'm excited. I was playing "Let it Snow" the other day in my car to try to mentally beat the heat. I just bought a few Christmas items at the Borders store that is going out of business. :-)sad2:) I keep my eye out all year and pick up things if I see something.

Here's something I've been doing for several years for my DH that is fun for me and he just loves it: I give him a gift for the 12 days of Christmas. The first year I did it he was so surprised to get in his car and find a small wrapped package there, or come downstairs to find one on the counter. Now, I don't spend a lot of money on most of the items, but it's in place of his stocking. Examples of gifts: Woodworking magazine, Suduko puzzle book, a bag of Starbucks coffee, bottle of wine, chapstik, gum, paperback book. Some are cheap, others not so much. It starts on Dec. 13th and goes to Christmas Eve. Just thought I'd share the thought in case someone wanted to do that or a version of it.:santa:

Are most of you BF shoppers? It will be fun to spend time with you all and get excited together. Thanks for starting this thread, Disney Mommy 3!:woohoo:

I also have 2 DD with birthdays around Christmas so got to figure out that. One wants a Kindle and American girl so dont knnow what I want to do for her. No clue for my older DD.

I got a Kindle last year for Christmas. My niece (10) got one for her BD. She absolutely loves it! I don't think you can go wrong with either a Nook or a Kindle, especially if they love to read. We can't keep my niece's nose out of a book (YEAH for that!!!). DS8 loves to read, too, but he's not quite ready for an e-reader yet.

I love getting all these ideas from here! If I had a spare room in my house I would keep it decorated for christmas year round

I LOVE Christmas! Since we are having our third baby just before (due the 18th), I am ready to start my shopping now. At the very list I need to get my list going. Typically I go over board every year. We have a decent list of family we buy for as well.

For my kids, I am trying to stay set on a number of gifts plus their stockings. Their stockings are super fun for me. I am thinking maybe 5 wrapped things but we shall see how I do on the budget.

My daughter will be 5.5 and I am pretty sure she will get an American Girl Doll. She has a bitty baby already and loves the AG catalog when it comes.

My sons gifts will be legos and super hero oriented.

Of course the baby will have stocking and then likely some new clothe diapers.

Hip Hip Hooray! So happy to see this thread again this year Shawna. I am getting my list together at this very moment. I already got some great ideas from other posters. I will be back soon to share my list too when I'm on a computer (using the droid now).

It feels a little weird humming It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year while still wearing flip flops ... but it does make me very happy! Have a great day everyone!

hey Maggie!!! Glad you came!! Yes,..come back and share that list!!
I am pretty lucky. We are going to Disney for Xmas so that is our big present.

The kids will get GC for the birthdays and as part of the xmas gift. I only really need to do stockings.

We all have late birthdays so I tend to go a bit over board on that.

I have pretty much decided $25 gift cards for my brothers family.

I am thinking scratch offs and small gifts for the inlaws.

That leaves my mom and dad which are horrible to shop for and my sister and her DH.

I am seriously thinking handmade for them.

I also need to figure out something for my Godson but that might be a small toy and GC since they are having a rough time financially.

think I will start buying those gift cards soon.

Oh Yay!! Disney for Christmas!!!:yay: How fun!!! Yeah..if you start buying all those GCs now, you will be through before you know it!
This is my first time on this thread and I'm excited. I was playing "Let it Snow" the other day in my car to try to mentally beat the heat. I just bought a few Christmas items at the Borders store that is going out of business. :-)sad2:) I keep my eye out all year and pick up things if I see something.

Here's something I've been doing for several years for my DH that is fun for me and he just loves it: I give him a gift for the 12 days of Christmas. The first year I did it he was so surprised to get in his car and find a small wrapped package there, or come downstairs to find one on the counter. Now, I don't spend a lot of money on most of the items, but it's in place of his stocking. Examples of gifts: Woodworking magazine, Suduko puzzle book, a bag of Starbucks coffee, bottle of wine, chapstik, gum, paperback book. Some are cheap, others not so much. It starts on Dec. 13th and goes to Christmas Eve. Just thought I'd share the thought in case someone wanted to do that or a version of it.:santa:

Are most of you BF shoppers? It will be fun to spend time with you all and get excited together. Thanks for starting this thread, Disney Mommy 3!:woohoo:

You are most welcome!!! I love your idea for your dh! Me and the kids might do that for my dh this year!! That is so sweet!
I LOVE Christmas! Since we are having our third baby just before (due the 18th), I am ready to start my shopping now. At the very list I need to get my list going. Typically I go over board every year. We have a decent list of family we buy for as well.

For my kids, I am trying to stay set on a number of gifts plus their stockings. Their stockings are super fun for me. I am thinking maybe 5 wrapped things but we shall see how I do on the budget.

My daughter will be 5.5 and I am pretty sure she will get an American Girl Doll. She has a bitty baby already and loves the AG catalog when it comes.

My sons gifts will be legos and super hero oriented.

Of course the baby will have stocking and then likely some new clothe diapers.

:welcome: and congrats on the new baby!!! My older son is Dec4...so have it then!:laughing: And yep...you better finish early this year honey!!! We love when the AG mag comes in also....it's so fun...reminds me of the toy catalogs when we were little!! If she likes the bitty baby, you may wanna get the twins!! 2 dolls for one price!! And just a couple of matching twin outfits and you are set!!! Of course, for your little boy, Legos are a must! We have had Legos under the tree forever!!! Keep us posted with your baby news!!!!

Ok..question for you ladies...when is your Christmas shopping deadline? Mine used to always be October 1. But...since we have our Disney final payment due at the end of Sept, I considered pushing it to Halloween...but then, that only leaves a little over a week before our trip....and I do not want to be focused on that while I am getting ready to go on vacation...so I think Oct 15 will be perfect.That is about 10 weeks away.I am not a BF girl:sad2: Never have been, don't plan on ever doing it! I don't like big crowds so it would be panicky for me!:rotfl: so,let's hear it...what are the deadlines ladies?

Ok..question for you ladies...when is your Christmas shopping deadline? Mine used to always be October 1. But...since we have our Disney final payment due at the end of Sept, I considered pushing it to Halloween...but then, that only leaves a little over a week before our trip....and I do not want to be focused on that while I am getting ready to go on vacation...so I think Oct 15 will be perfect.That is about 10 weeks away.I am not a BF girl:sad2: Never have been, don't plan on ever doing it! I don't like big crowds so it would be panicky for me!:rotfl: so,let's hear it...what are the deadlines ladies?

I've never given myself a deadline before. I've been known to shop right up to christmas eve. Although loving to shop could be part of my problem:rotfl2:

Count me in for this year. :goodvibes

I haven't really even thought much about gifts this year, we did decide though to surprise the kids (again) with a Disney trip (Jan 14-21st). We did the surprise thing for their 1st trip 2 years back and it was met with blank stares and more excitement over stuff that was included in the scavenger hunt process but we think it was because they had no concept of what Disney was. They have been a few times now though and last time we were there we told them no more for a few years. They still mention going back daily though, so hopefully we'll see some more excitement this time around.

So besides the trip I'm kind of at a loss. It seems like their interests change every month or so, which makes me not want to hop on the trend train any time soon. Gift Certs sound like a great idea, like a pp my oldest plays guitar so I love the idea of an electric (although I might regret that :rolleyes1 ), my dd has an on again off again love affair with her AG dolls so it could be a viable back up plan if nothing else comes along, and my middle guy is a DS junkie so the latest and greatest game is always an option there.

Anyhow looking forward to chatting and possibly borrowing some great ideas! :rotfl:

Thanksgiving weekend but I have never reached that goal .... maybe this will be the year with a little bit of help from my DIS friends:)

Count me in for this year. :goodvibes

I haven't really even thought much about gifts this year, we did decide though to surprise the kids (again) with a Disney trip (Jan 14-21st). We did the surprise thing for their 1st trip 2 years back and it was met with blank stares and more excitement over stuff that was included in the scavenger hunt process but we think it was because they had no concept of what Disney was. They have been a few times now though and last time we were there we told them no more for a few years. They still mention going back daily though, so hopefully we'll see some more excitement this time around.

So besides the trip I'm kind of at a loss. It seems like their interests change every month or so, which makes me not want to hop on the trend train any time soon. Gift Certs sound like a great idea, like a pp my oldest plays guitar so I love the idea of an electric (although I might regret that :rolleyes1 ), my dd has an on again off again love affair with her AG dolls so it could be a viable back up plan if nothing else comes along, and my middle guy is a DS junkie so the latest and greatest game is always an option there.

Anyhow looking forward to chatting and possibly borrowing some great ideas! :rotfl:

So, for the surprise, are you gonna tell them when you leave, or is the Surprise trip the Christmas gift? Either way they are gonna freak out!!!!
Thanksgiving weekend but I have never reached that goal .... maybe this will be the year with a little bit of help from my DIS friends:)

Oh yeah Maggie...this year you WILL be finished!:laughing: That's gonna be on my agenda...to get you all finished by Thanksgiving!! No Dec shoppers here!!:santa:

So, for the surprise, are you gonna tell them when you leave, or is the Surprise trip the Christmas gift? Either way they are gonna freak out!!!!

We did the surprise when we leave before too, that wasn't as fun as the time we did the scavenger hunt even though we didn't get the reaction we were hoping for (the 1st trip). So this xmas we'll do a hunt or reveal of sorts (maybe a puzzle of a pic from our previous trips with the announcement added onto the pic?) and surprise them on xmas day. The trip will be the gift from us to them, but we still need santa gifts. :santa: My youngest 2 still believe for sure and my oldest has questioned but even today said santa is real so we can't not do something from the man in red. :thumbsup2

Thanks for starting this thread, I really enjoyed it last year:thumbsup2

I've got my lists started and have picked up a couple of things.

DD15
nice camera
puzzle mat and glue
Tinkerbell birthstone pin (she's a pin trader) (already bought at WDW)
Disney nerd pj's

DS14
playstation 2 (we have a bunch of games that they love, but ours broke)

DS12
laptop or kindle, I'm not sure which yet

DS10
netbook maybe or 3DS
Cars set that he wanted at WDW if I can find it
Despicable Me pj's (already bought clearanced at walmart)

DS8
skateboard and helmet
dsi xl maybe

And I am getting them an xbox 360 and games for all of them together.

Dniece 5 is getting a subscription to Zoobooks and an animal puzzle or stuffed animal (already bought through deal website). DMIL and DBIL and DSIL are getting a framed picture of all of the cousins together at WDW from a grand gathering this month. (already blown up, just need to get frames)

DH will be deployed so I have no idea what I'll get him, probably some books and something with the kids pictures on it. I'll see what else he asks for.

My ds was hard to buy for the year of 13/14..but he had started to play guitar, so my hubby surprised him with an electric guitar...maybe he will give you a hint between now and then!!!

I wish but I won't hold my breath, he has been like this for the last few years. He never gives me any clue. I don't think he really knows. He doesn't play sports or have any hobbies really other than video games and even that he doesn't do as much. I think he is in a bit of a limbo these days.

DS will be only about 16 months, so I'm having a hard time finding anything "good" to get him. :santa:

Just throwing this out there because my nephew loved (and still loves...he's now 3) his work/tool bench. He plays with it all the time. It came with all the tools and a tool belt. He thinks he's something else.

I bought my first presents for DD and DH already:cool1: She wanted this arts and crafts box from Constructive Playthings and last year it sold out in October..I ordered it and got free shipping.She also wants Just Dance 3 for Wii and I preordered it ( it comes out in October).

I need to check this out. I have an artsy/craftsy girl too. Where did you order from? Directly from Constructive Playthings or Amazon?

I am a NEW BF shopper. This will be my 3rd year and I LOVE IT. I've been missing out. A girlfriend of mine and I go and our deal is, she drives (she's a nightowl and I don't think she ever goes to sleep) and she picks me up about 2:30 and we hit Kohl's first, then we head to Target & Old Navy and then we do breakfast (my treat) at Cracker Barrel. Last year we headed to mall after, but usually it's just those few places because she has to head to her in-laws; and I go home and start decorating. I haven't yet had anything I HAVE to get. It's more for fun and just to be out in the hustle and bustle, but I do usually pick up a few things...I always stock up on PJ's for me at Old Navy :)

I don't set a deadline. I just shop 'til I'm done...which sometimes is never :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter