• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave at 7:00 tomorrow morning! Can't believe our trip is about to begin. :) I plan to take lots of pictures to share with you all! Thanks for all of your help as I planned!

Have a wonderful trip! lov2b@disney, thanks for the lobby photos - looks great!

So you booked a deluxe room and not a standard or water view, correct? If so, then there are only six of those rooms and they are on the first, second, third and fourth floors. All the regular club level rooms (standard/garden and water/lagoon rooms) and the lounge are on the fifth floor. Your keys will give you elevator access to the fifth floor.

The deluxe rooms all have nice views but some have standing balconies, some have full balconies and one has a patio.

The Yacht Club is a whole different resort and their club level lounge and rooms are totally separate from the Beach Club.

oh my gosh - thanks for the info Teena! only 6 of these rooms? I didn't realize any of them would have standing balconies. I know this is getting rather specific, but can you give me a breakout of what type balconies are on which floors? (obviously patio room on 1st floor.....how about the other 5 deluxe rooms?) Thanks so much! I have booked one of these rooms for my 1st BC trip in January. :goodvibes

oh my gosh - thanks for the info Teena! only 6 of these rooms? I didn't realize any of them would have standing balconies. I know this is getting rather specific, but can you give me a breakout of what type balconies are on which floors? (obviously patio room on 1st floor.....how about the other 5 deluxe rooms?) Thanks so much! I have booked one of these rooms for my 1st BC trip in January. :goodvibes

1557 patio right next to the quiet pool (first floor).
2557 not sure if balcony is full or standing (second floor). Some of the disboarders on this thread have stayed in all of these rooms so they can verify balcony size.
3557 not sure if balcony is full or standing (third floor). Some of the disboarders on this thread have stayed in all of these rooms so they can verify.
3691 pretty sure it's a full balcony (third floor).
4691 pretty sure it's a standing balcony (fourth floor).
4557 not sure if balcony is full or standing (fourth floor). Some of the disboarders on this thread have stayed in all of these rooms so they can verify.

There was a breakdown of these rooms on this thread way back and I think all the disboarders pretty much verified what each one had since they have stayed in all of them. Sorry ... I rarely go into these rooms and although I've been in all of them, I can't remember the size of the balconies.

Keep in mind that there are only six of them and although you might request a full balcony, these rooms do book up fast and one of them that has a full balcony would have to become vacant on the day you were checking in to get it. They are all really nice rooms ... so much larger than a regular room. They all have really nice views too.

Found the thread where our disboarders verified the balcony sizes:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36546373&highlight=2557#post36546373

We are arriving for our first visit to the BC on August 22:cool1: This thread is really popular! Anyway, I just added the deluxe plan to our package and went ahead and requested a full patio. I know it's not guaranteed. We booked a standard room. Whereabouts in the BC are the full patios in the standard room - like what do they face normally?? I have never requested a room before and have always had really good luck. I'm just wondering if I should have maybe requested something else? The full balcony seems like it would be nice though. My biggest concern is I don't want to end up by the elevaters. I wouldn't mind facing a parking lot, but with a full balcony, I'm not quite sure if it would be peaceful sitting out on the balcony looking at the cars drive by.

Now, please don't flame, me. I'm just giving you an honest opinion on my first experience at the WL. We will not return. This was our first night. On the second day, I asked my husband if he wanted to move to another hotel. He said yes. So with that we stayed at the Yacht Club. We did this not knowing what to expect! All I can say is:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This place is spectacular, gorgeous, awesome and just GREAT! We will be returning here no questions asked! LOL!

PROs

-Beautiful Surroundings
-Beautiful stunning lobby with a Yacht theme (ships, nautical)
-POOL- OH MAN! WOW FACTOR-
-POOL - They also check your key before entering pool
-Sandy bottom pool, slides, very large, gorgeous and relaxing!
-Accomodations- STUNNING, GORGEOUS, Large balcony (12 feet x 5 feet) just guessing on that though.
-Bedding - white, crisp, clean, beautiful. Blue Bed Skirt, very upsale
-White french doors leading to large balcony as stated above
-Lobby, very nautical, ships, stunning
- Interior - very clean, new paint, carpet upscale

CONs

- Bartender at bar closest to lobby VERY RUDE
-Marketplace - where you get fast food about a 10 minute walk. It's located at the Beach Club
-CM at Market place wasn't very friendly.

We're having a GREAT TIME! We're checking out on the 14th. Just finished viewing EPCOT fireworks from balcony. I can't say enough good things about this place.

If anyone has any questions/comments/suggestions let me know. I'm still at the world so I'll be happy to answer them.

Thanks ALL!
Brunette

We just got back from our BC stay (and got to meet Teena on our last day!) and we had a standard room booked. The only request I made was a full balcony. We got room 4610 and had a great view of the courtyard looking toward the villas. Once I upload pictures I will post some here.
We really liked our location, down the hall from the elevators (almost the end) and a lovely view. Although it was practically too hot to sit on the balcony much.

We are arriving for our first visit to the BC on August 22:cool1: This thread is really popular! Anyway, I just added the deluxe plan to our package and went ahead and requested a full patio. I know it's not guaranteed. We booked a standard room. Whereabouts in the BC are the full patios in the standard room - like what do they face normally?? I have never requested a room before and have always had really good luck. I'm just wondering if I should have maybe requested something else? The full balcony seems like it would be nice though. My biggest concern is I don't want to end up by the elevaters. I wouldn't mind facing a parking lot, but with a full balcony, I'm not quite sure if it would be peaceful sitting out on the balcony looking at the cars drive by.

The standard view rooms are on the first, second, third and fourth floors. The views can be parking lot, roofs, woods, courtyards. If you requested a patio and get it, you'll be on the first floor. Most of the first floor standard view rooms face woods or courtyards.

Now, please don't flame, me. I'm just giving you an honest opinion on my first experience at the WL. We will not return. This was our first night. On the second day, I asked my husband if he wanted to move to another hotel. He said yes. So with that we stayed at the Yacht Club. We did this not knowing what to expect! All I can say is:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This place is spectacular, gorgeous, awesome and just GREAT! We will be returning here no questions asked! LOL!

PROs

-Beautiful Surroundings
-Beautiful stunning lobby with a Yacht theme (ships, nautical)
-POOL- OH MAN! WOW FACTOR-
-POOL - They also check your key before entering pool
-Sandy bottom pool, slides, very large, gorgeous and relaxing!
-Accomodations- STUNNING, GORGEOUS, Large balcony (12 feet x 5 feet) just guessing on that though.
-Bedding - white, crisp, clean, beautiful. Blue Bed Skirt, very upsale
-White french doors leading to large balcony as stated above
-Lobby, very nautical, ships, stunning
- Interior - very clean, new paint, carpet upscale

CONs

- Bartender at bar closest to lobby VERY RUDE
-Marketplace - where you get fast food about a 10 minute walk. It's located at the Beach Club
-CM at Market place wasn't very friendly.

We're having a GREAT TIME! We're checking out on the 14th. Just finished viewing EPCOT fireworks from balcony. I can't say enough good things about this place.

With that said, you and your family shouldn't have to spend a fortune to provide your childrern the opportunity to experience the "magic" of Disney World. That's not to say it should come cheap either, but just an acknowledgement the past few years it seems the priority is not the "magic" of Disney but the profit alone. After all per CNN Disney profit INCREASED 40 percent last quarter.

If anyone has any questions/comments/suggestions let me know. I'm still at the world so I'll be happy to answer them.

Thanks ALL!
Brunette

So glad you are enjoying our resort. If you are over at the BC side any time Thursday, Friday or Saturday, stop by and say hi in the lobby.

Please see one of the managers at either the BC or YC and tell them about the two cast members (Marketplace and Bartender) - they can't fix it if they don't hear about it. Feel free also to tell them the good stuff too.

Looking forward to meeting you!!

So glad you are enjoying our resort. If you are over at the BC side any time Thursday, Friday or Saturday, stop by and say hi in the lobby.

Please see one of the managers at either the BC or YC and tell them about the two cast members (Marketplace and Bartender) - they can't fix it if they don't hear about it. Feel free also to tell them the good stuff too.

Looking forward to meeting you!!

Hi! You seem so nice! I will certainly do that. I would love to meet you and say HI! Do you know Jennifer from the Yacht Club? I did deal with her about my move from WL to the YC. She was so nice, and very customer oriented, so much so I want to get her a thank you gift! I've heard so many positive stories about you Teena! It would be an honor to meet you.

Brunette (Michele)

Hello everyone!

Wow what a great thread - I have been pouring over it the past couple of days. I am so indecisive when it comes to where to stay. We originally booked at Pop, then I changed it to AKL - then I thought about what we wanted to do and realized that bus transportation only just wasn't going to cut it so I wanted to change our reservation.

I have stayed at the Pop, BWI, CR, and GF. I thought it might be time to go back to the Epcot resorts and decided to try something new so I just changed our res one last time to the Beach Club. Based on all the great things I have read on this board I am SUPER excited!

I have a couple of questions 1) what are the crowds at SAB going to be like Sept 13-18th?(general guess would be helpful) 2)we have booked a standard view room, is it worth it to upgrade to a waterview - I do not think we will be spending too much time in our room? and I gues finally, What are your favorite things to do at the BC?

I am of course grateful for any advice/help.

Cheers to all! :)

We'll be staying at the BCV in Jan for 10 days and the boys are SO excited to get to try out SAB. We've been at the BWV the past 3 trips and while they love the pool and slide there, they always look longingly at SAB :)

They would love to do the Albatross treasure cruise that leaves from BC/YC during our stay but the last day it's available (right now) is Dec 31st. Does anyone know if it will be available in Jan?

Hi! You seem so nice! I will certainly do that. I would love to meet you and say HI! Do you know Jennifer from the Yacht Club? I did deal with her about my move from WL to the YC. She was so nice, and very customer oriented, so much so I want to get her a thank you gift! I've heard so many positive stories about you Teena! It would be an honor to meet you.

Brunette (Michele)

Not sure which Jennifer helped you. Was she in the back office when you talked to her or behind the desk? The Yacht and Beach are pretty much the same resort. One day you can be assigned at the Yacht and the next at the Beach.

I'm just glad your WDW vacation got turned around and you are enjoying yourself!!

Hello everyone!

Wow what a great thread - I have been pouring over it the past couple of days. I am so indecisive when it comes to where to stay. We originally booked at Pop, then I changed it to AKL - then I thought about what we wanted to do and realized that bus transportation only just wasn't going to cut it so I wanted to change our reservation.

I have stayed at the Pop, BWI, CR, and GF. I thought it might be time to go back to the Epcot resorts and decided to try something new so I just changed our res one last time to the Beach Club. Based on all the great things I have read on this board I am SUPER excited!

I have a couple of questions 1) what are the crowds at SAB going to be like Sept 13-18th?(general guess would be helpful) 2)we have booked a standard view room, is it worth it to upgrade to a waterview - I do not think we will be spending too much time in our room? and I gues finally, What are your favorite things to do at the BC?

I am of course grateful for any advice/help.

Cheers to all! :)

Normally September isn't real crowded. However, with the free dining, I have no idea what to expect. Just remember, at SAB you cannot get into that pool unless you are staying at the BC, YC or BCV and they have really cracked down on guests even trying to get "friends" or "relatives" that are visiting them into SAB. Now every single person entering SAB must show a key that says they are staying at our resorts.

If you don't think you'll be in your room for anything other than sleeping, showering, etc., I certainly would not pay for a better view. I'd take the money and get a massage or treat yourself to something special. That's just my opinion. There are plenty of people that sit on the balcony and love to look out at the view. My family usually has the drapes closed because we are changing clothes, showering or sleeping so the view doesn't matter.

1557 patio right next to the quiet pool (first floor).
2557 not sure if balcony is full or standing (second floor). Some of the disboarders on this thread have stayed in all of these rooms so they can verify balcony size.
3557 not sure if balcony is full or standing (third floor). Some of the disboarders on this thread have stayed in all of these rooms so they can verify.
3691 pretty sure it's a full balcony (third floor).
4691 pretty sure it's a standing balcony (fourth floor).
4557 not sure if balcony is full or standing (fourth floor). Some of the disboarders on this thread have stayed in all of these rooms so they can verify.

There was a breakdown of these rooms on this thread way back and I think all the disboarders pretty much verified what each one had since they have stayed in all of them. Sorry ... I rarely go into these rooms and although I've been in all of them, I can't remember the size of the balconies.

Keep in mind that there are only six of them and although you might request a full balcony, these rooms do book up fast and one of them that has a full balcony would have to become vacant on the day you were checking in to get it. They are all really nice rooms ... so much larger than a regular room. They all have really nice views too.

Found the thread where our disboarders verified the balcony sizes:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36546373&highlight=2557#post36546373

Teena - you really are the BEST! Thanks so much & thanks for locating that other post too. Your answers are so detailed. I really appreciate it!

So correct me if I am wrong as I have never stayed at BC before, but my guess is that the rooms X557 are far from the lobby & far from the lounge as well? X691 are closer to the lobby & the lounge? Does that seem accurate? (for some reason I am thinking that the lounge is on the 5th floor, but close to the lobby end?)

We'll be staying at the BCV in Jan for 10 days and the boys are SO excited to get to try out SAB. We've been at the BWV the past 3 trips and while they love the pool and slide there, they always look longingly at SAB :)

They would love to do the Albatross treasure cruise that leaves from BC/YC during our stay but the last day it's available (right now) is Dec 31st. Does anyone know if it will be available in Jan?

My kids are doing the Albatross Cruise 2 weeks from today!!!! :banana::banana::banana: I can ask about January for you.

Amanda

Question on room requests - do you do it when you do online check in or do you call and make your request(s)?

Quick question, how long is the walk from the resort thru epcot to the monorails? Time/distance? Reason why...on arrival day we land at 1:50, ME, maybe at room by 3:30? We've got 6:45 ressie for CM. I was thinking of a leisurely walk thru epcot and a fun ride on the monorail. We should have plenty of time and not have to rush. Is this a crazy plan. Are we better just hopping the bus to MK and going from there?

I see you got a response that you will have plenty of time to do this and I would second that. However, you do know you have to use your park ticket to walk through Epcot? If that's all you are doing on the day of arrival, that will be a really expensive walk through the park unless you have AP's.

Brunette

Don't miss the opportunity to let the manager know you have concerns about two of the employees. As TeenaS said, they won't know unless you tell them. Sorry to hear that the WL didn't meet your expectations. The "dark side" is a wonderful place to be. I hope the rest of your trip goes well.

Question on room requests - do you do it when you do online check in or do you call and make your request(s)?

You should call and add it to your reservation now. I requested a full balcony, since I wanted a place to go early in the morning with my coffee. I followed up about a week before check-in to make sure it was still on my reservation.

I did not do on-line check-in. I wanted the opportunity to try to change the room if it did not have the full balcony. The on-line check-in is designed to pick up your key and go. If there is any possibility you may want to change your room, it is probably best to wait until you get to the resort to check-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter