The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we will be at BC the same times (9/11-19th). I have my lime green mickey with screen name ready for my bag so if you see me please say hi.

Will do! :goodvibes Can't wait to get there. I am so looking forward to this trip - especially now that I am so excited about BC!

Thank you for the advice! We talked about our room view this morning and decided on that exactly. We really feel the money is better spent elsewhere, at least in our case.
What has me stuck is some of the pictures of Crescent Lake especially in the evening look so enchanting! Maybe next time around. I actually booked us in for Yactsman Steakhouse last night - we were able to get an ADR for our last evening which will make it a perfect ending to our vacation! I think it will be money well spent.

I can't get over how helpful everyone on this board is! Thank-you all!:lovestruc

Yummy -love the Steakhouse but we save that for really really special occasions!! I'm looking forward to Cape May Cafe tonight. I love the food there too - Bob eats all the seafood and give me the ribs and mashed potatoes. We're driving in to meet some disboarders for dinner!

Talk about the views at night. It is pure magical. However, what you need to do is take a walk around SAB and that whole area at night. It is so beautiful with the lights of the Boardwalk in the distance. It's just a beautiful sight. Then go to your room, draw the curtains and get a wonderful night's sleep!

Thanks for the info everyone. I will be calling tonight to put in request as I now have our flight info to add for ME.

Just as a FYI for rooms and larger size ones. We had 4606 in the BC in Dec 06. It is a corner room and it was huge and the balcony was 2-3 times the normal size. We looked at BCV and the entry area but the room tremendous in size.

This was a photo of our balcony. Yes it was the entire length (we were on the top one.

OK, I now have my full schedule up until I leave to go out and help Jeanne in school.

My hours are 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM. I normally take a short lunch break at 12:45 (20-25 minutes) and then a short snack break at 4:00 PM. I normally walk out of the lobby and into the back office around 5:45 PM. If I'm not there, I'm helping a guest or running into the back to print a boarding pass or something so hang around.

Working:
8/12, 8/13, 8/14, 8/15, 8/16, 8/21, 8/22 and 8/23.

Really looking forward to meeting lots of disboarders. Let me know if you schedule a meet on any of these days. I could do them any day but 8/23 ... gotta rush home and pack and get up at 4 AM the next day to get to the airport.

Teena: My daughter and I arrive on 8/21 (staying CL through 8/28), we'd love to drop by and say Hi one of those dates! You are amazing and we've got to get a photo with the famous Teena!!!

Brenda

Thanks for the info everyone. I will be calling tonight to put in request as I now have our flight info to add for ME.

Just as a FYI for rooms and larger size ones. We had 4606 in the BC in Dec 06. It is a corner room and it was huge and the balcony was 2-3 times the normal size. We looked at BCV and the entry area but the room tremendous in size.

This was a photo of our balcony. Yes it was the entire length (we were on the top one.

As everybody knows, my favorite standard view rooms are 1606, 2606, 3606, 4606, and my favorite water view rooms are 2641, 2643 and 2645. The X606 rooms are almost the size of a deluxe room. They are wonderful! I had one of them requested for my daughter's wedding .. perfect size to get dressed in for the ceremony (before the engagement was called off).

So glad you enjoyed that room!!

Teena: My daughter and I arrive on 8/21 (staying CL through 8/28), we'd love to drop by and say Hi one of those dates! You are amazing and we've got to get a photo with the famous Teena!!!

Brenda

I'd love to meet you in MY NEW LOBBY!! I'm like a giddy kid at Christmas ... love the lobby!

And also, big news, I'll be training the new full-time lobby greeter on 8/22 and 8/23. You're all gonna love him ... another Pennsylvanian too!

Not sure which Jennifer helped you. Was she in the back office when you talked to her or behind the desk? The Yacht and Beach are pretty much the same resort. One day you can be assigned at the Yacht and the next at the Beach.

I'm just glad your WDW vacation got turned around and you are enjoying yourself!!

HI. I talked to her on the phone. She said she works as a "greeter" I think, and that she was working in the lobby area. She was so nice!

Yummy -love the Steakhouse but we save that for really really special occasions!! I'm looking forward to Cape May Cafe tonight. I love the food there too - Bob eats all the seafood and give me the ribs and mashed potatoes. We're driving in to meet some disboarders for dinner!

Talk about the views at night. It is pure magical. However, what you need to do is take a walk around SAB and that whole area at night. It is so beautiful with the lights of the Boardwalk in the distance. It's just a beautiful sight. Then go to your room, draw the curtains and get a wonderful night's sleep!

Have a wonderful dinner. You know we love Cape May too! We had dinner here twice in July!

Enjoy and hello to all those lucky Disboarders joining you for dinner!

What a wonderful room!! Yes, extra space does look like size of deluxe room. Thanks for sharing

HI. I talked to her on the phone. She said she works as a "greeter" I think, and that she was working in the lobby area. She was so nice!

She's a sweetheart. Works both BC and YC. There's only one woman greeter and that's me. She's a curbside concierge CM who also works in the back office. When she's working curbside, she greets people outside and walks them into the lobby and over to get checked in. We have curbside CMs at both the YC and BC. If you are booked on CL, the curbside CMs will walk you up to the fifth floor also.

Teena or anyone else :), do you think I should change my room request? I have a full balcony requested, but we really do not want to overlook the parking lot. Should I change my request to a just a non-parking lot view and drop the full balcony? although, I really want both;) Or I'm wondering if I should just upgrade the room?

I know I have loads of disboard friends coming in soon. Who is arriving at the BC on:

Thursday?
Friday?
Saturday?
Sunday?
Monday?

Can't wait to meet you all!

We arrive on Friday and stay until Sunday (so sad, such a short trip)

Teena or anyone else :), do you think I should change my room request? I have a full balcony requested, but we really do not want to overlook the parking lot. Should I change my request to a just a non-parking lot view and drop the full balcony? although, I really want both;) Or I'm wondering if I should just upgrade the room?

Honestly, if the view is really really important to you, I highly recommend upgrading to a water view. Then you wuld only have to request a full balcony.

It totally depends on each individual person. Personally I can't see paying for a nice view since the only time I'm in the room is when I'm changing clothes, showering or sleeping and then I have the drapes closed. I don't even care about a balcony. However, there are plenty of people that actually sit out on the balcony, read, just look at the view and relax, etc. and for them it is obviously worth paying extra for a nice view. I'd rather take that money and use it for a massage or dinner at the Yachtsman. However, that's just me.

brunette8706- if you make your way back out to SAB would you be willing to check on the depth of the water at the bottom of the big slide? :flower3: I have gotten some varied responses and my TA asked IPO for me, but I think the answer she got was geared towards BWI and not SAB.
TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, if the view is really really important to you, I highly recommend upgrading to a water view. Then you wuld only have to request a full balcony.

It totally depends on each individual person. Personally I can't see paying for a nice view since the only time I'm in the room is when I'm changing clothes, showering or sleeping and then I have the drapes closed. I don't even care about a balcony. However, there are plenty of people that actually sit out on the balcony, read, just look at the view and relax, etc. and for them it is obviously worth paying extra for a nice view. I'd rather take that money and use it for a massage or dinner at the Yachtsman. However, that's just me.

I'm with you Teena!! We were just there in July and we had a room (4668) over the lobby and facing the entry to the Beach Club. No view to speak of and I could have cared less. I think I opened the curtains once or twice to see if there was a storm, but that was it. I couldn't imagine sitting on the balcony in that heat anyway, even if we had had a full balcony. We loved the room because it was quiet. The only noise we ever heard was the occasional kids running in the hallway, but even that was limited. We were not far from the elevators and it was a quick trip to the Marketplace and the bus stops. Perfect location, perfect room, without any extra cost.:banana:

Let me know if anyone else wants to be added to the list - or if I made any mistakes!

BC/YC August DISers: :yay:

jjtmom: YC CL 8/11-8/13
cyndisun: YC CL 8/12-8/17
EllieBelle: BC 8/13-8/15
WDW4us2006: BC 8/14-8/19
eandesmom: YC 8/14-8/19 (WL 8/11-8/14)
Manda: BC 8/14-8/22
Echo queen: BC 8/15-8/22
punkin712: YC 8/16-8/23
KFJames: YC 08/16-08/26
scooterpej: YC 8/18-8/23
KerryCM: YC CL 8/18-8/24
Big Daddy Incredible: YC 8/18-8/27
WeCantWait: BC 8/18-8/28
goodferry: BC 8/20-8/22
cburek: YC 8/19-8/22
Beth A: YC CL 8/20-8/24
ddluvsdisney: BC CL 8/20-8/27
emmysmommy: BC CL: 8/21-8/28
DrMomof3: BCV 8/21-8/28
TinkermomX2: BC 8/21-8/28
LouiseUK: YC 8/22-9/5
jackal: BC 8/22-?
DisneyJen1969: YC CL 8/23-8/28
Kelly in NY: BC CL 8/24-8/26 (POR 8/17-8/24)
lucas: BC CL 8/26-8/29 (POP 8/25) (pin event 8/27-8/29)
dawnbu40: BC 8/29-9/5 (pin event 8/29)

NOTE FROM TEENA:
OK, I now have my full schedule up until I leave to go out and help Jeanne in school.

My hours are 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM. I normally take a short lunch break at 12:45 (20-25 minutes) and then a short snack break at 4:00 PM. I normally walk out of the lobby and into the back office around 5:45 PM. If I'm not there, I'm helping a guest or running into the back to print a boarding pass or something so hang around.

Working:
8/12, 8/13, 8/14, 8/15, 8/16, 8/21, 8/22 and 8/23.

Really looking forward to meeting lots of disboarders. Let me know if you schedule a meet on any of these days. I could do them any day but 8/23 ... gotta rush home and pack and get up at 4 AM the next day to get to the airport.

Thanks, Teena, normally, I agree 100% - with the kids we are never in the room and do not care about view. This is our first only non kids trips:yay: so it is just me and DH. He could sleep till noon if I let him. I am up at by 6:00 a.m. I love the heat, humidity and sun, so I thought I could sit on the balcony and read. I'm really just looking for peaceful surroundings. If the kids were with us, I wouldn't care what view I had.

One week from today and I will be at the YC. Still trying to get the first night CL. I have it the rest of the trip, just couldn't get it for the first night. It is a surprise for my husband, he doesn't know I upgraded us to the cL!!!

I cannot wait to go. This is going to be a relaxing trip for us. I hope I get to meet some fellow DISs.

One week from today and I will be at the YC. Still trying to get the first night CL. I have it the rest of the trip, just couldn't get it for the first night. It is a surprise for my husband, he doesn't know I upgraded us to the cL!!!

I cannot wait to go. This is going to be a relaxing trip for us. I hope I get to meet some fellow DISs.

:banana::banana::cool1::cool1:

:yay: Have a great time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter