The 100% Original POFQ FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
had terrible news that our travel co. filed for bankrupcy so our trip to OKW is now lost :sad1:
However.....
we have now made a new booking with WDW and are going to be staying at POFQ next August :banana:

Hey Traci. Another victim of the TCD collapse I assume? How awful for you, but at least you've managed to get a plan in place now, even if it's not what you originally wanted. It must be awful for the families who've scraped every last penny together for a holiday of a lifetime for their kids and who were due to travel in the next few days - and they now have to break the news to their hyper-excited children that they won't be going to see Mickey after all. It must be heartbreaking, I just can't imagine how I'd tell my 8 year old DD if it happened to us.

As far as your question on POFQ goes though, I'm sure you'll have a great time there. The resort is lovely, fairly compact for a Disney property, and is situated on the same river as OKW so you still get the boats to DTD/etc. If you want any more background info, give my website at www.portorleans.org a try.

Andre

Thanks Melanie :thumbsup2
I have been trying to get through all the pages of this thread :faint: and the more I read the more I think we are going to like it. The size of the resort is what is getting me really excited, I hate having to trek to the food court, pool and bus stop, I do enough walking at the parks :rotfl:
The fact that they don't have table service there does not phase me at all as I use all my table service credits at the parks or the deluxe hotels anyway.
We stayed at POP last year, there was no guard there, but perhaps there should have been as I saw many families taking food and drink without paying for it, it was really very sad.

Thanks for your reply Melanie,
if there's anyone else who can add to the excitement for me, give me any tips etc on POFQ,,,, pleeease feel free to post :grouphug:

Hi Traci

I've been following people who have lost their holidays through this collapse on the UK board, and its all so very sad. I'm so glad you got sorted!!!

Be rest assured about POFR, we stayed their in May and LOVED it. A really peaceful resort, everything nice and close by, and because its fairly small there are less people there than the other resorts. The walk to Riverside is lovely (we used to do it every morning as the sun was rising) and the boat to DTD is a really nice perk. You will have a great time!! I am so jealous, I would stay there again like a shot but DH is desperate to try Pop!!

Hey Traci. Another victim of the TCD collapse I assume? How awful for you, but at least you've managed to get a plan in place now, even if it's not what you originally wanted. It must be awful for the families who've scraped every last penny together for a holiday of a lifetime for their kids and who were due to travel in the next few days - and they now have to break the news to their hyper-excited children that they won't be going to see Mickey after all. It must be heartbreaking, I just can't imagine how I'd tell my 8 year old DD if it happened to us.

As far as your question on POFQ goes though, I'm sure you'll have a great time there. The resort is lovely, fairly compact for a Disney property, and is situated on the same river as OKW so you still get the boats to DTD/etc. If you want any more background info, give my website at www.portorleans.org a try.

Andre
Yes indeed I am yet another victim of TCD, but your are absolutely right, although I am disappointed at losing the holiday, I will be able to claim back what I have paid and have been able to get an even better deal money wise, so I am not at all feeling sorry for myself. My children have been spared the agony of losing out. I had a little chat to my DD6 and explained the situation (after I had re-booked) I told her that some poor children would not be able to go at all and she was really sad for them, she realises how lucky we have been.

I've had a quick look at your website.... wow! there's tons of info on there, what a great job you have done! I've saved it to my faves, I'm sure I will be visiting on a regular basis. thanks so much for setting that up :hug:

Hi Traci

I've been following people who have lost their holidays through this collapse on the UK board, and its all so very sad. I'm so glad you got sorted!!!

Be rest assured about POFR, we stayed their in May and LOVED it. A really peaceful resort, everything nice and close by, and because its fairly small there are less people there than the other resorts. The walk to Riverside is lovely (we used to do it every morning as the sun was rising) and the boat to DTD is a really nice perk. You will have a great time!! I am so jealous, I would stay there again like a shot but DH is desperate to try Pop!!

Thanks for that! I'm getting more and more excited about FQ by the minute, have not really heard one bad report about it so far so thats good. As far as POP is concerned, we absolutely love it there (had heard quite a few bad things about that resort beforehand but we had a fantastic time there with no problems at all) Had the free dining been available there, we would have gone there again, but it will be lovely to stay at a moderate.

Thanks guys, you've really helped to add to my excitement :cheer2:

So I am another cheapskate that booked a standard room at POFQ :lmao: I was actually looking to upgrade when we get there I am willing to pay. I just don't know what to say when I get there. HELP!!!!

So I am another cheapskate that booked a standard room at POFQ :lmao: I was actually looking to upgrade when we get there I am willing to pay. I just don't know what to say when I get there. HELP!!!!

I don't have any advice for you but, rest assured, if you can't upgrade when you get there you will STILL have a great room. There are no bad locations at POFQ!

When you get to check in just say, "I was wondering if there's availibility to upgrade to a preferred location and what the cost would be". I agree with PP that even the standard rooms are great!

When you get to check in just say, "I was wondering if there's availibility to upgrade to a preferred location and what the cost would be". I agree with PP that even the standard rooms are great!

I don't have any advice for you but, rest assured, if you can't upgrade when you get there you will STILL have a great room. There are no bad locations at POFQ!

Yes I agree there are no bad rooms I am just looking for a king to give us more room:rotfl: We will have the pack and play in the room and it is easier with a king than 2 doubles and with the free dining code I wasn't able to book a king I would have to have paid $300 more.

I booked standard too! I figure I'm all alone, and spending some time in a preferred room at Pop, I don't care where at POFQ I will be... I'm just excited to be going!

We also booked standard with a request for ground floor, close to pool. We will see what we get.

I will be so happy to be there I really dont care where they put me.

Finally, booked a standard room with requst that it be close to food court. This is my first time staying there and made my decision on how small the resort is. I am takng my 77 y.o. mother who refuses to use a wheel chair!!! This would have been a problem if we went to a bigger resort, the parks are going to wear her out enough. She is addicted to diet coke and we need to be close so she can refill her mug...lol. Hope I made the right choice; I jumped on it because no standards or waterviews were available during our time frame until today. I think she is a little disappointed we aren't staying at the Poly or GF, but I think she will still have a blast.

Finally, booked a standard room with requst that it be close to food court. This is my first time staying there and made my decision on how small the resort is. I am takng my 77 y.o. mother who refuses to use a wheel chair!!! This would have been a problem if we went to a bigger resort, the parks are going to wear her out enough. She is addicted to diet coke and we need to be close so she can refill her mug...lol. Hope I made the right choice; I jumped on it because no standards or waterviews were available during our time frame until today. I think she is a little disappointed we aren't staying at the Poly or GF, but I think she will still have a blast.

We just came back from 8 nights at POFQ and it was probably our best trip there ever. We requested building#5 to be close to the pool and food court(that makes 6 requests out of 6 that we received the location we wanted). Mousekeeping has been an issue at times in the past, but this year it was perfect. I think you and your mother will have a great time there. Have fun!!!

I know this is going to sound silly but I'm terrified of frogs, yes I know it's :sad2: . Someone is posting a dining review that stayed at POR and they took pics of the frogs they encountered every day. How bad is it going to be for me?:sad1:

I'm scared of them too. A childhood thing. I did not seen one when we were at PORS in 2001. I'm hoping I don't see any at POFQ this time.

I know this is going to sound silly but I'm terrified of frogs, yes I know it's :sad2: . Someone is posting a dining review that stayed at POR and they took pics of the frogs they encountered every day. How bad is it going to be for me?:sad1:

I've seen that review!! Don't be worried we had two weeks there in May and didn't see even one frog!! We went on a few early morning walks along the river and saw rabbits and birds, but no frogs!

You don't want to live where I live, my dog brings them home, legs hanging out of his mouth!!!!

I've seen that review!! Don't be worried we had two weeks there in May and didn't see even one frog!! We went on a few early morning walks along the river and saw rabbits and birds, but no frogs!

You don't want to live where I live, my dog brings them home, legs hanging out of his mouth!!!!

I enjoyed your review very much, thanks for easing my mind.:hug: And, no, I don't want to come live with you.......:rotfl:

A question for someone who has visited POFQ recently, the basket of the coffee-maker, is it basket shaped or cone shaped? We bring our own coffee and filters when traveling and if possible, I would like to bring only one type of filters. I assume the coffee maker is a 4-cup maker. Please advise if this is not the case.

Hopefully the coffeemaker is not one that takes only pre-made packages of coffee. When I have experienced those types of coffee-makers they have been "one-cup" coffee makers.

Thanks,
Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter