WELCOME TO THE PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER FAQ

DSC06073.JPG

POFQ will reopen March 21, 2004

Port Orleans French Quarter Resort
2201 Orleans Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
(407) 934-4000
fax- (407) 034-5353

Port Orleans French Quarter was originally called Port Orleans, but since the merge with the former Dixie Landings, has taken the name of POFQ. All of the guest facilities available at the Riverside may be used by guests staying at the French Quarter.

How do I make a reservation at POFQ?
You can make a reservation by calling 407-WDisney or by visiting Disneyworld.com. You may also contact your personal travel agent for all your Disney vacation needs.

Where is POFQ located?
POFQ is located in the Downtown Disney Area.

What is the theming of POFQ?
POFQ is themed like New Orleans, but with Disney mixed in. Think Mardi Gras, but with Disney flair. It is laid out like the French Quarter in New Orleans, with cobblestone streets laid out in a grid pattern. Ornate decorations, railings, and beautiful flowers abound at the beautiful resort. The French Quarter is laid out against the beautiful Sassagoula River

What time can I check in?
Check in time is 3:00 pm and check-out time is 11:00 am. Late checkout may be requested.

What type of rooms are available?
There are two type of views available. Water view includes views of the Sassagoula River or the pools. Standard view includes views of the landscaping, courtyard, and parking lot. Most rooms are equipped with two double beds, though a limited number of kind beds are available, at a higher rate. You can view floor plans by clicking here.

Are there smoking rooms available?
Yes the smoking buildings are 2,4, and the top two floors of 6.

What kind of transportation options are available?
The main type of transportation that is available is the bus. The bus will take you to all 4 major Disney parks and water parks. To get to Downtown Disney, a wonderful boat ride down the Sassagoula River is available at night. All transportation is shared with Port Orleans Riverside. To get to POR, you can walk, take the shuttle boat, or shuttle bus.

What are the dining options available at POFQ?
Only one dining option is available at the French Quarter side of the Port Orleans resort. Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory is a food court with Mardi Gras type decorations. Sassagoula is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and is classified as a quick-service restaurant. For a menu please
click here (courtesy of wdwinfo.com).
There is also a full-service restaurant available at Port Orleans Riverside called Boatwright's Dining Hall. You can make priority seating for Boatwright's by calling 407-WDW-DINE. Boatwright's is open for breakfast and dinner.
There is also a pool bar at the French Quarter. It is called Mardi Grog's and is located poolside. At Riverside, there is an indoor bar/lounge called River Roost. The River Roost lounge offers alcoholic beverages, appetizers, and light entertainment in the evening.

Where can I see new pictures of POFQ?
You can see new pictures at allearsnet by clicking here

Ok I'll start and yes I did the typing with my own two hands:

Okay here is a rookie shot: Please correct me if info is wrong

Q:Which building is closest to the Bus Stop?
A: Building 4

Q:Which building is closest to the pool?
A: The pool is between 5 and 2

Q:Are there Laundry Facilites?
A: A laundry room is located outside of Building 5 near the pool.

Q:What Restaurants are on property?
A: There is a food court style Restaurant called Sassagoula Float Works There is also a lounge Scat Cats 440 pm till 1230 am, The Pool bar 12 noon till 10pm

Q:Are there refrigerators/coffee makers in the room?
A: Refrigerators are avaliable in the rooms/YES! coffee makers. you get 2 bags of coffee one reg and decaf.

Q:Which building have smoking rooms?
A: None now, the Dinsey Resorts have gone non-smoking, but they do have designated outdoor areas where you can smoke.

Q:Is there room service?
A: A limited service(pizza,salad,soft drinks beer) is avaliable between 4pm and midnight.

Q: Are there safes in the room.
A: Yes

Q: Is there a Hot tub?
A: yes located near the pool open till 2am

Q: How much are the refillable mugs?
A: $11.99 and for use at the Resort purchased only.

Rentals: Bike 1 hr $5.66/ 1 day $13.21
Surrey Bike for 2 $16 1/2 hr for 4 $18 1/2 hr
Bike with pull behind for child $8.49/hr $16.04/day
Pontoon boats $28.30 1/2 hr
Canopy boats $20.28 1/2 hr
Paddle baots,kayaks,canoes $6/ 1/2 hr $10/hr

Carrige rides are 30 min long first one is at 6pm last one 930pm
4 people max $30 w/tax

Link to resort map : RESORT MAP POFQ *******************************************

Aerail Pciture of POFQ

Roll05_015.jpg

Hello,

Thanks for keeping this going.

Laundry facilities are in the same building as the outdoor bar, called Mardi Grogs.

It is very convenient to do laundry while lounging at the pool or the hot tub.

Also, for those who stay at the resort after 11 am checkout, there is a changing room near the pools. They are in the building where the rest rooms are, across the walkway from Mardi Grogs.

:D

Are water raycers the same as water mice? The last thread said there were water RAYCERS....just wondering if they are one and the same.

Thanks guys for staring the POFQ FAQ!! I have been waiting for this!! Great infos and great pix!! We will be there in May! I can't wait!! More infos please!!

So glad to see a thread about the POFQ. We'll be making our first trip there in June and I hope to be able to contribute some info when we return. Traci-lyn, your pictures are fantastic, thanks for sharing. ::yes::
Kathi

Yippeee!!! :bounce: :bounce:

I am going to POFQ in May, and it will be my DH and I's first time to stay on the Disney property!! When we made our ressies back in November, we wanted to stay at POFQ, and were crushed when we found out it was closed. But....we were so excited when we heard it was to re-open in March, so we switched our ressies immediately!!!

I can't wait and getting more excited with each day that gets closer...we have been away from the magic for too long!!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

We'll be staying in July. I'd like to know which building is nice to stay in. I heard building 5 is nice because it is close to the pool, but I am very sensitive to noise. I afraid that I'll hear noise from the pool and it will keep me awake. Any suggestions on which building is best to stay in? This will be my first stay.

Thank you for posting those pictures. I miss my "home". Only 1 year and 7 months until I can go back. Until then I will keep looking at the pics and dreaming of my return.

Originally posted by Crazy4mandms
Are water raycers the same as water mice? The last thread said there were water RAYCERS....just wondering if they are one and the same.

I'm pretty sure they are the same thing, maybe different name. The first time I went to WDW, water mice were called water sprites. Perhaps they changed the name to spice it up a little?

Originally posted by DisKim
We'll be staying in July. I'd like to know which building is nice to stay in. I heard building 5 is nice because it is close to the pool, but I am very sensitive to noise. I afraid that I'll hear noise from the pool and it will keep me awake. Any suggestions on which building is best to stay in? This will be my first stay.

Building 5 is very convenient, but the resort is very small, so to me all of the buildings are convenient. I think if you are sensitive to noise, then maybe building 1 will be your best choice? It is close to the pool but it has building 2 between to buffer the noise.

We will be there in June.
You did a great job on this faq thread.
Thank you.

Is ALL of building 4 a smoking building? I know it's closer to the bus stop, but I'm not going to request it if it's got the smoky odor in its rooms.

Originally posted by hyzdufan
Is ALL of building 4 a smoking building? I know it's closer to the bus stop, but I'm not going to request it if it's got the smoky odor in its rooms.

Yes, all of building 4 is smoking. But as the building was recently renovated, the rooms may not have that smoky odor. If you don't want to chance it, how about building 7? Not too far from the bus stop. Actually, nothing really is because the resort is so small.

Hope this helps!

I am going to be married at the Swan this Oct. I have decided on staying at POFQ for the first part of our stay. I will have a number of family members and a couple of friends coming as well but we will be booking less than 10 rooms so no group booking for us. If I mention when I book my room and have everyone else mention when they book there's that we are all travelling together will they put us in the same building?? I would hate for us to be scrattered all over the resort even though it is not very big. Will need to know each others reservation numbers when requesting this? Of course our luck is that we also have a few smokers in our group so they most likely will be in a different building right??
Grover in Winnipeg

I'll give you the standard Res. agent answer:
"Room requests are taken into consideration but can not be guarenteed" Its very difficult to with people checking in and out on different days to try to keep a block of rooms open but they usually do a pretty good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter