Tattoos?

I have 15. Currently in my office at work and wearing a skirt, short sleeved blouse and heels and only parts of 3 are exposed. Wearing a long sleeve shirt and closed top shoes would leave all of them covered if needed for professional reasons. I love all of mine and will be getting more. My husband has 0 tattoos and will die with 0 tattoos they're just not his thing but just as he accepted my love of 6" heels that leave me taller than him he has also come to accept my tattoo love and fully accept the (now colorful) skin I'm in.

I have 8. 5 were homemade ones done when I was 12-13 with India ink and a needle (I'm NOT advocating doing it this way and was lucky I didn't have any problems) as a way of letting go of some traumatic events, including the deaths of 3 friends. Those are all smaller than a dime and can easily be hidden with jewelry. The other 3 are professionally done with two not being visible. The third is on my calf and is the scene from The Lion King where Rafiki holds Simba in the air on Pride Rock. I love that tattoo. That's really the only one anyone notices. I'd like to create a design for my other calf with Grandmother Willow's tree (from Pocahontas) with Rafiki's drawing of Simba on it and leaves blowing in the wind.

I don't really care if people like my tattoos or not, just as I don't care if they like my hair when I dye it blue, or any other part of me.

I've seen some really bizarre tattoos on people before and there's usually a great story that accompanies it.

We hire people with visible ink; it's no deterrent whatsoever if they are the appropriate candidate. BUT - they must agree to cover them at all times during working hours if they are in customer-facing roles. So are we judging them or not? :rolleyes1

Ours now have to be registered at work. If you wanted new one it has to be approved by the department.

What are your thoughts on tattoos? I don’t have any but I’ve always admired tattoos with meaning and significance. I’ve been wanting one for about a year now. Recently, I decided I want to get the word “survivor” in my native language with the outline of a butterfly next to it on my forearm. It signifies me beating cancer and it’s something I really want to do. I have an awful scar on my neck from surgery for my cancer, so now I want something on my body that I like and want there. I want something I chose and something that makes me smile. Make sense?

My husband hates tattoos. He says they’re tacky and doesn’t want me to get one. I don’t think he’d be terribly angry if I got one, but I know he’d prefer if I didn’t.

What are your thoughts on tattoos and on significant others having them?

The way I see it you're a cancer survivor without a tattoo. And you'd still be one with one. So what meaning and significance would a tattoo have in that regard that you don't already have without it? You already have the significance and meaning of beating cancer without a tattoo don't you? The way I see it you do. I'll leave the choice of whether to get a tattoo up to you.

Last edited:
But how do you know, if they're not visible? Random strip searches?

Lol you've never been to a police academy, yeah naked is a thing. It is an ethics thing, you need to be transparent on your life. Ethical is everything. Same way infidelity can get you discharged, who would know?!?!!

I like tattoos and have 2. One is a blues rose. It represents my husband and I, we had blue roses in my bouquet at our wedding. My other one is Disney themed with one hidden Mickey and 3 hidden Minnie’s to represent my son and 3 daughters. I love them and get compliments on the Disney one ALL the time. When I tell them to find the hidden heads they usually love it more. I think two is good for me. My DH has two as well and plans to get more. I don’t like the look of head to toe ink but think a few look good.
My mom hates tattoos. My dad got one when he turned 55. He is a retired firefighter his year of birth was 55 and he lived to retire at 55. (A lot of guys on his crew have died of cancer thought to be caused by this big building filled with chemicals that caught on fire) his birthday is also 9-11 so he has all these things worked into his tattoo. My mom likes his tattoo but still says she hates tattoos.

No tattoos for me. Have no problem with anyone else having them.

I have one on each ankle- one for my daughter with her name on it and the other one for my godson who passed away when he was 15. My daughter wanted to get a tattoo on her 18th birthday so I flew her home from college so she could get one at a place I know (and I could veto it if it was inappropriate)- she is going into business so she knows not to get them where they are obvious, she got this one on her hip and in August we are getting matching mother daughter tattoos, I will put mine on the inside of my ankle, I think she wants hers on her foot.

Lol you've never been to a police academy, yeah naked is a thing. It is an ethics thing, you need to be transparent on your life. Ethical is everything. Same way infidelity can get you discharged, who would know?!?!!
:thumbsup2 Now that one I would LOVE to have written into our policy manual! And infidelity with another also-married staff member resulting in literally years of drama for the rest of us all to live down? There needs to be a punishment worse than getting fired for that! ::yes::

I HOPE people are silently judging me for my tattoos. That was my main objective in getting them. Alas, nobody seems to care. :sad:

Me too! Alas I just get chased off buses at Magic Kingdom because the couple could see and identify the princesses tattooed on the backs of my thighs but wanted to know who was on the fronts too.

Really not uncommon in LE, they don't want any obscene or tasteless tattoos in the department.
LE as in Law Enforcement?

A big chunk of our cops are ex-military so tattoos are common. Beards, however, unless you are undercover, are forbidden.

A big chunk of our cops are ex-military so tattoos are common. Beards, however, unless you are undercover, are forbidden.
Yeah I was going to say I know I’ve seen local cops as well as federal LE who have tattoos so I don’t think there’s any set rule on it.

Yeah I was going to say I know I’ve seen local cops as well as federal LE who have tattoos so I don’t think there’s any set rule on it.

It does go department to department. Some have no rules some do. It varies as much as say Dinsey does to Target.

It does go department to department. Some have no rules some do. It varies as much as say Dinsey does to Target.
Same with the beard rule. This is one department in this area that allows beards on uniformed officers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter