Takumi-Tei watch thread!

Who else is planning on eating here? I watched Tim's video and enjoyed it but I'm ready for some more. Don't you think DFB will come out with one and what about the DIS? I imagine they would do the Chef's Table because they could have 6-8 folks for that room.....I'd like to see that one even though it's just dh and me so we'll probably never eat in the water room.

If you are planning on going, will you get the tasting menu or order individually from the menu? Dh is a huge steak/BBQer so he's dying over the opportunity to just order the A5 Japanese Wagyu. I sort of want to order the tasting menu but I have a severe shellfish allergy. Disney is one of the more excellent companies to take food allergies serious so I'm not worried about having cross contamination. I'm more worried about substituting. I'm planning on making an ADR when they open up for reservations!
We’re planning to go next Friday and most likely ordering ala carte. We’ll share a few dishes with myself dh and ds5. :) I have my eye on the duck and sea bass :D

I would LOVE to go but my DH isn’t a big steak eater & doesn’t like the other items on the menu, so I’m having some trouble convincing him to go since the prices are so high. But I have til the 16th when ADRs can be made for it, so there’s still hope. :-)

Has anyone been able to make an ADR this morning? ADR’s were supposed to be live today right?

Maybe I missed an announcement. I don’t even see Takumi-Tei in the list of restaurants.

Has anyone been able to make an ADR this morning? ADR’s were supposed to be live today right?

Maybe I missed an announcement. I don’t even see Takumi-Tei in the list of restaurants.

Yes! I was able to make a reservation via the phone this morning.

My husband and I have been stalking info about Takumi-Tei so we got up early and tried to book online but it hadn't opened up. Phone lines were having issues but I still managed to get through to someone quickly. We were able to secure a reservation for 2 on Dec. 4th 2019. The lady I spoke with mentioned that sometimes with new restaurants they don't open reservations until 9am but she was able to do it for me.

The interesting thing is under my Disney plans it says "Takumi-Tei Chef's Table" but we didn't book the chef's table experience specifically. I thought you had to call the restaurant to book that and I'm not sure what it even entails. So, I'm curious if it's just labeled that way for the entire restaurant or if we received an upgrade because we're celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary?

Either way we are super excited to try this restaurant!!

I was looking also. Not operating for reservations online, however I called and was able to get a reservation. Good luck. Cannot wait! Menu's posted on some of the recent soft opening reviews were poor quality. Hoping to see a better copy soon. Enjoy!

I was looking also. Not operating for reservations online, however I called and was able to get a reservation. Good luck. Cannot wait! Menu's posted on some of the recent soft opening reviews were poor quality. Hoping to see a better copy soon. Enjoy!

Least you got through, Im getting an all circuits are busy. Maybe when I get through I will see if they look a room only discount pops up for my dates that isn't more expensive the one I have.

Least you got through, Im getting an all circuits are busy. Maybe when I get through I will see if they look a room only discount pops up for my dates that isn't more expensive the one I have.
We're sorry, all circuits are busy now........

Made my ADR for Nov 16th!

Yes! I was able to make a reservation via the phone this morning.

My husband and I have been stalking info about Takumi-Tei so we got up early and tried to book online but it hadn't opened up. Phone lines were having issues but I still managed to get through to someone quickly. We were able to secure a reservation for 2 on Dec. 4th 2019. The lady I spoke with mentioned that sometimes with new restaurants they don't open reservations until 9am but she was able to do it for me.

The interesting thing is under my Disney plans it said "Takumi-Tei Chef's Table" but we didn't book the chef's table experience specifically. I thought you had to call the restaurant to book that and I'm not sure what it even entails. So, I'm curious if it's just labeled that way for the entire restaurant or if we received an upgrade because we're celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary?

Either way we are super excited to try this restaurant!!

Just so you know, I had this happen to me as well. I booked it and they gave me Chef's Table. Which is in the Water Room(its gorgeous) and is a 7 course tasting Menu for 180 dollars a person. I had to call back and specifically ask for just the regular dinning experience in one of the other rooms. They gave me a new reservation and canceled my old one.

Now on "My plans" it just says "Takumi-Tei Dinner" instead of "Takumi-Tei Chefs Table." I absolutely want to do the Chef's Table here, but I want to do the normal dinner first.

Make sure you tell your cast member on the phone that you don't want the chef's table specifically(unless you want that). For some reason that seems to be the default for them on their end at the moment.

Finally got through and made an ADR for November 3. I wanted one for early January as well but those dates haven't been released yet. Excited to try it!

Made my ADR for Nov 16th!

Just so you know, I had this happen to me as well. I booked it and they gave me Chef's Table. Which is in the Water Room(its gorgeous) and is a 7 course tasting Menu for 180 dollars a person. I had to call back and specifically ask for just the regular dinning experience in one of the other rooms. They gave me a new reservation and canceled my old one.

Now on "My plans" it just says "Takumi-Tei Dinner" instead of "Takumi-Tei Chefs Table." I absolutely want to do the Chef's Table here, but I want to do the normal dinner first.

Make sure you tell your cast member on the phone that you don't want the chef's table specifically(unless you want that). For some reason that seems to be the default for them on their end at the moment.

Good to know! I'll have to decide what I want to do for sure. :D

This is going to be very interesting. It sounds like the cast members have not realised there is a difference In the system between normal dinner and the chef’s table. We too called up this morning on the normal ADR number to at least secure a normal dinner reservation. We actually wanted the Chef’s table but the special number for that didn’t open till later, so went ahead and booked a normal dinner reservation. Having linked the ‘normal’ reservation we made, I can see it shows ‘Chefs table’ - I thought this might be a quirk on the system, but given what you’ve described in your post, it sounds like they did book us the Chef’s Table (which is actually what we want) - but I can see a lot of people turning up not expecting to pay the money for a chefs table experience. Uh oh!

So thankful for this thread! Forgot today was the day. Was able to make a reservation online (with lots of attempts) for late December. Really looking forward to this one.

I'm going to try,

Nikomi Wagyu - Roasted Bone Marrow, Braised Jackman Farms Wagyu Shortrib, Yuzu Kosha, Wasabi Shiso Bavaroise, Warishita - $27.00

Takumi Gyuniku - Artisan Beef - Japanese A-5 Wagyu Tenderloin, Leek Sauce, Warishita, Shortrib Gyoza, Roast Cippolini Onion, Curried Potato, Seasonal Mushroom - $93.00

Kumo - Yuzu Cheesecake, Spiced Kabocha, Candied Yuzu, Orange Yuzu Gel, Blackberry Sake - $14.00

Last edited:
Booked it on phone this morning- Sept 9, it says dinner in my MDE. Just went in online to see if I could book it as chef's table and it only allowed it to make a standard reservation-- no choice. Do you have to specifically call to get chef's table?

Booked online, but its not showing up in MDE...
You may need to rebook. My first booking showed in the app briefly then disappeared but I got no email confirmation. Took a screenshot to have the confirmation number. It won’t let me add it to my account. Second booking went through with email confirmation.

Booked it on phone this morning- Sept 9, it says dinner in my MDE. Just went in online to see if I could book it as chef's table and it only allowed it to make a standard reservation-- no choice. Do you have to specifically call to get chef's table?

Yes, I believe you do need to call and specifically request the chef’s table. There is no way to select this online right now.

You may need to rebook. My first booking showed in the app briefly then disappeared but I got no email confirmation. Took a screenshot to have the confirmation number. It won’t let me add it to my account. Second booking went through with email confirmation.

I had a confirmation email, and it wouldn't let me rebook anything and not for the time I wanted anyway. So I called and they reset it and it shows up now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter