Takumi-Tei watch thread!

Well, can't turn away someone like the Trackers who give Disney free publicity.

#DisTwitter is having a field day with it, because people said they saw staff there turn away people for the non-collared shirt thing, but they let Tim waltz right in.

I’m not sure Disney needs any free publicity. And perhaps, people discussing this video will be exactly the kind of publicity they don’t want. To be honest, I think it shows a little bit of disrespect on the part of the vlogger, because I’m sure he knew there was a dress code. But he was too busy trying to sell fans.

When do reservations go live for September and idea?

It has been reported that online reservations will be available to start booking on July 16.

I’m not sure Disney needs any free publicity. And perhaps, people discussing this video will be exactly the kind of publicity they don’t want. To be honest, I think it shows a little bit of disrespect on the part of the vlogger, because I’m sure he knew there was a dress code. But he was too busy trying to sell fans.

Every company, no matter the size wants free publicity. Its why they invite the Trackers to free events all the time, comp their rooms, etc. When you have 700,000+ subscribers watching you about Disney (and other theme parks) you take advantage of the free advertisement.

Well, can't turn away someone like the Trackers who give Disney free publicity.

#DisTwitter is having a field day with it, because people said they saw staff there turn away people for the non-collared shirt thing, but they let Tim waltz right in.
I get that blogger/vloggers are gifted nice opportunities. But good grief, would it have been that hard for him to put on a polo shirt?

Last edited:
I enjoy Tim’s vlogs and this one seemed objective to me. He wasn’t expecting to eat there, he looked smart enough, didn't accept a ‘bribe’/free meal, he isn’t wearing a baseball cap in the restaurant, or waving his cutlery around as though he is conducting an orchestra.

In the video, Tim was at Epcot to check out refurbishments and updates and while back in the restaurant area, he talked to a CM that said they were having soft openings that day. I honestly don’t think he was planning on eating there that day, he just stumbled upon a soft opening, hence why he was wearing what he was wearing.

Last edited:
I enjoy Tim’s vlogs and this one seemed objective to me. He wasn’t expecting to eat there, he looked smart enough, didn't accept a ‘bribe’/free meal, he isn’t wearing a baseball cap in the restaurant, or waving his cutlery around as though he is conducting an orchestra.
Why all the hate for the Trackers? He clearly states in the vlog that he was not planning to eat there. Whenever they have gone to fine dining establishments, they always dress appropriately. The Trackers may not be for everyone, but my problem is that people are jumping on them without (obviously) ever having watched the video.

Last edited:
Every company, no matter the size wants free publicity. Its why they invite the Trackers to free events all the time, comp their rooms, etc. When you have 700,000+ subscribers watching you about Disney (and other theme parks) you take advantage of the free advertisement.

Sorry, I didn’t understand how very important this guy was to Disney. I’ve never seen him, nor heard of him, before the video posted today. Didn’t mean to offend you.

Why all the hate for the Trackers? He clearly states in the vlog that he was not planning to eat there. Whenever they have gone to fine dining establishments, they always dress appropriately. The Trackers may not be for everyone, but my problem is that people are jumping on them without (obviously) ever having watched the video.

Which is hilarious, because if you followed them say 5 years ago, him and his wife did quite a few things that Disney frowns upon.

I.E. Telling people how to avoid paying for parking at the parks by telling the guard shacks they are there for a meal, and then going right to a park. Yes I know a lot of people do this, but you'd figure after they started getting the red carpet treatment via the Mouse they would go back and scrub those videos from their history. The times they were denied this they would then go to DIsney Springs, walk over to Saratoga and go to whatever park they want.

Tim was notorious for abusing the celebration pins years ago.

Plus there is the entire fact they routinely film on rides that don't allow filming.

Sorry, I didn’t understand how very important this guy was to Disney. I’ve never seen him, nor heard of him, before the video posted today. Didn’t mean to offend you.

huh? I wasn't offended at all, I was just explaining how every company wants free publicity.

huh? I wasn't offended at all, I was just explaining how every company wants free publicity.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I am sure there are types of publicity that no company wants, even If they are free.

I apologized because you seemed a little put off by my comment in that you described how important this person is with all of his followers.

Tim wasn't planning on eating there. It just kind of happened when he stumbled upon the soft opening. There were plenty of people eating at CG on our last trip that looked like they just stepped off of Space Mountain...yoga pants and tee shirts. Dress codes are wonderful in theory but impractical IN the actual parks.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I am sure there are types of publicity that no company wants, even If they are free.

I apologized because you seemed a little put off by my comment in that you described how important this person is with all of his followers.

Well yes there is some publicity no company wants we can agree on that, but in this case Disney tries to get publicity out of them.

I wasn't put off at all, I was just letting you know how big their channel is which is why Disney tries to get free advertisement out of them is all.

Who else is planning on eating here? I watched Tim's video and enjoyed it but I'm ready for some more. Don't you think DFB will come out with one and what about the DIS? I imagine they would do the Chef's Table because they could have 6-8 folks for that room.....I'd like to see that one even though it's just dh and me so we'll probably never eat in the water room.

If you are planning on going, will you get the tasting menu or order individually from the menu? Dh is a huge steak/BBQer so he's dying over the opportunity to just order the A5 Japanese Wagyu. I sort of want to order the tasting menu but I have a severe shellfish allergy. Disney is one of the more excellent companies to take food allergies serious so I'm not worried about having cross contamination. I'm more worried about substituting. I'm planning on making an ADR when they open up for reservations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter