Takumi-Tei watch thread!

I just booked for Aug 5. Wonder if they will take AP discount? Anyway, looking forward to trying it

It has been reported that they’ll accept TIW, AP, and DVC.
So very excited for our dinner here on Sept 1st! We just switched from POP to Beach Club since the Skyliner won't be open in time for our trip we figure staying at an Epcot resort will make getting to SWGE and F&W that much easier. Of course our resort costs just tripled but I think it'll be worth it in the end. Never stayed at BC before so I'm really looking forward to that as well as Takumi Tei! Being able to use our TiW makes it even better although I hope it'll be good on the tasting menu and beverage pairing as well as the regular menu. I want to try the tasting menu and dh will be all over that $93 A5 Waygu!

Yes! I was able to make a reservation via the phone this morning.

My husband and I have been stalking info about Takumi-Tei so we got up early and tried to book online but it hadn't opened up. Phone lines were having issues but I still managed to get through to someone quickly. We were able to secure a reservation for 2 on Dec. 4th 2019. The lady I spoke with mentioned that sometimes with new restaurants they don't open reservations until 9am but she was able to do it for me.

The interesting thing is under my Disney plans it says "Takumi-Tei Chef's Table" but we didn't book the chef's table experience specifically. I thought you had to call the restaurant to book that and I'm not sure what it even entails. So, I'm curious if it's just labeled that way for the entire restaurant or if we received an upgrade because we're celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary?

Either way we are super excited to try this restaurant!!
My reservation does not say Chef's Table because I did not book Chef's Table.
How many couples do you think celebrate an anniversary or special occasion at Disney? Seriously, everyone can't have a freebee and logging 10 years is not particularly extraordinary.
I think you should call and double check what you booked. I highly doubt you're getting a free ride.

My reservation does not say Chef's Table because I did not book Chef's Table.
How many couples do you think celebrate an anniversary or special occasion at Disney? Seriously, everyone can't have a freebee and logging 10 years is not particularly extraordinary.
I think you should call and double check what you booked. I highly doubt you're getting a free ride.

Wow Hannah, thank you for your helpful perspective. In case you're curious...I did change my reservation to a regular booking once I learned that you're not even supposed to be able to do the chef's table with such a small party. There hadn't been a ton of clear information on what the chef's table even entails but either way I never thought I was getting a "free" meal. We've saved up our hard earned money to afford this trip/meal in order to celebrate something we feel is worth celebrating extravagantly. I'm not oblivious to how many other people at Disney World are celebrating something special to them. Disney World runs on people celebrating something.

However, on the topic of the anniversary, the cast member that booked our reservation had specifically asked if we were celebrating something, to which I replied "our 10 year wedding anniversary", and she happily said she was making a note of that, so it isn't an incredibly wild (and fleeting) thought that she booked this desirable room. People do often get upgrades when they're celebrating something. So again, I don't think it was unreasonable to temporarily assume this explained why the Chef's Table Experience was showing on our reservation. I obviously considered it could just be a glitch in booking or with the website titles and posted here to see if others were experiencing a similar thing or not while I waited for online booking to become available.

How dare I try to help other people by sharing my experience booking this new restaurant. How dare I share my excitement with fellow Disney fans. And how dare I be excited to celebrate a milestone event. You may deem a 10 year anniversary unremarkable but obviously it means something to us.

I hope your meal at Takumi-Tei is extraordinary.

Last edited:
We have a reservation for Jan., I had hoped to get the chef’s table/water room, however as a party of 3 the phone CM said it requires you to be a party of 6 unless you are willing to pay a $300 per person charge for the ‘missing’ people plus $180 per person?
Assuming the phone CM had her facts right (not always a safe assumption) I’m curious why the surcharge per person for being a smaller group is more than double the price of the meal, I assume the $300 must be the restaurant’s target per person when upcharges & drinks are added?
While I’m fine with an occasional extravagant meal, (have done Wanyama and V&A multiple times) $1440 for 3 people is a bit too rich for me.
I wonder how successful the 6 person minimum will be long term, can there really be that many parties of 6 people interested in fine Japanese dinning @ WDW?

We have a reservation for Jan., I had hoped to get the chef’s table/water room, however as a party of 3 the phone CM said it requires you to be a party of 6 unless you are willing to pay a $300 per person charge for the ‘missing’ people plus $180 per person?
Assuming the phone CM had her facts right (not always a safe assumption) I’m curious why the surcharge per person for being a smaller group is more than double the price of the meal, I assume the $300 must be the restaurant’s target per person when upcharges & drinks are added?
While I’m fine with an occasional extravagant meal, (have done Wanyama and V&A multiple times) $1440 for 3 people is a bit too rich for me.
I wonder how successful the 6 person minimum will be long term, can there really be that many parties of 6 people interested in fine Japanese dinning @ WDW?

Yeah, we will most likely stick to a la cart for this particular meal. We *might* do the tasting menu but you're right, doing the water room with that extra cost does not seem worthwhile. At one point I had heard the chef's table was for parties of 4 or more so that's interesting to hear them say it's a minimum of 6. Glad to have more details on the cost structure. I definitely wouldn't want to pay for "missing" people so I'm glad I noticed our reservation was wrong and fixed it. Doesn't seem like the best system.

We're also scheduled to do V&A for the first time!

Thats the thing im sorta worried about, on the first day of reservations the CM's seemed to be booking parties smaller than 6 for Chef's Table over the phone. I had to call back and fix mine to just dinner.

Im glad they fixed that, but I wonder how the front of house staff is gonna deal with ppl who show up not expecting to pay that much extra for empty seats or ppl who just wanted A La Carte dinner.

I wonder how the front of house staff is gonna deal with ppl who show up not expecting to pay that much extra for empty seats or ppl who just wanted A La Carte dinner.

Well, one thing is for sure - they certainly cannot force the surcharge to be paid, since there was no explanation of these terms to those early reservation holders. As I see it, they can only really do one of the following:-
  1. Seat them in the normal part of the restaurant - but then this just means the chefs table will go empty, since it was booked. There is not really anything to gain here and its highly unlikely they will get a walk-in party of six that just happens to want the tasting menu.
  2. They could seat them at the chefs table, but offer the a la cart menu
  3. They could just provide the tasting menu for the reduced party size
I suspect it will be option 3, unless its impractical to produce the tasting menu for such a small party.

So I ate here Sunday nite and really enjoyed it. They brought out a small dish with mushrooms leek gel and micro greens to start. Then I ordered the moziaku sushi and the duck. Both were very good. The duck came with a dome over it filled with smoke. It was really cool. Here are pics423639

Having just checked MyDisneyExperience I see that they have changed my Chef's Table reservation to just a Dinner reservation. So it looks like they've discovered the inadvertent Chef's Table bookings when the reservation lines first opened. I'm a bit disappointed, as I did actually want the Chef's Table. Will call in a bit to find out what's going on.

Actually, having just checked the web-site, there are more explicit details about the Chef's Table experience and the minimum number of people etc needed:
--
Enjoy an amazing 3-hour meal in a space beautifully designed to immerse diners in a tranquil setting reflecting the balance between nature and Japanese art.

Pricing
$180 per person, plus tax

• A 6-course beverage pairing is also available for an additional $100 per Guest, in addition to our full beverage selection.
  • An 18% gratuity will be applied to the check for the Water Room experience.
Party Mix
Party Size: 6 minimum/8 maximum

• If a number of Guests lower than the minimum arrive on the day of the reservation, then a room charge of $300.00 will be applied to the check for each spot below that number.
Reservations

The Chef's Table experience can only be booked by calling (407) 827-8504 or by emailing takumitei@mitsukoshi-orlando.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter