• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Takumi-Tei watch thread!

So whoever's goes first, can you ask about the Chef's table and all that it entails? Cost? I guess you can order the tasting menu no matter what room you dine in. I enjoyed the DFB review, now I can't wait to see it in video form!

Photo tour from Blog Mickey. They will have a review out today as will the site that we can't reference here anymore. Lots on each of their respective twitter accounts from last night.

So whoever's goes first, can you ask about the Chef's table and all that it entails? Cost? I guess you can order the tasting menu no matter what room you dine in. I enjoyed the DFB review, now I can't wait to see it in video form!

Will do. Planning to go tonight! The site that must not be named tweeted last night a short video of the water room/chef's table as well as the special menu. Kaiseki Chef's Table experience $180 with optional wine/sake pairing for $100. The tweet indicated you must have a party of 6-8

Hmmm... anyone see a kids menu?
I haven't but I am getting the impression that this isnt a terribly kid-friendly place. Do you get that feeling too? My kids are grown now and they did enjoy Teppan Edo when they were younger but this new place seems very boring for littles. Those prices! Ouch!

Hmmm... anyone see a kids menu?

I haven't but I am getting the impression that this isnt a terribly kid-friendly place. Do you get that feeling too? My kids are grown now and they did enjoy Teppan Edo when they were younger but this new place seems very boring for littles. Those prices! Ouch!

I agree. I'm sure they will "allow" children in there but I can't imagine young kids will be a frequent sight - both from a price point as well as an overall atmosphere perspective. I will ask tonight though!

I agree. I'm sure they will "allow" children in there but I can't imagine young kids will be a frequent sight - both from a price point as well as an overall atmosphere perspective. I will ask tonight though!
Thanks! My son loves Japanese food so I’m not too worried about the menu. It would be nice to know if he will be welcome though :)

Lol yes it does seem to be a little more formal but that goes for most signature dining though, atmosphere isn’t exactly the best for kids. I still want to try it with my 5 year old :) hopefully they will be a little quicker though, 4 hours will push it!

Lol yes it does seem to be a little more formal but that goes for most signature dining though, atmosphere isn’t exactly the best for kids. I still want to try it with my 5 year old :) hopefully they will be a little quicker though, 4 hours will push it!
I had the same thought on the 4 hours. Presuming it isn't that long if you don't do the Tasting Menu (and it isn't opening night) but definitely a long time to expect even my very patient kiddo to sit for a meal. If the time trend continues think we'd skip it, otherwise she'd be all over the food.

I had the same thought on the 4 hours. Presuming it isn't that long if you don't do the Tasting Menu (and it isn't opening night) but definitely a long time to expect even my very patient kiddo to sit for a meal. If the time trend continues think we'd skip it, otherwise she'd be all over the food.
Yes! Had the same thought!

I am so jelly! Can't wait to hear what you think!
4 hours is pushing it for my dh.....and he's 50 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter