SWGE Anaheim Opening Day Reservation Holders!!!

So they won't allow lining up until 6am, but the parking structure doesn't open until an hour before park opening? So for those driving in, the earliest to park is 7am plus time to get to park gate = may not make it for opening at 8 for SWGE depending upon lines at the gate.

When do people start lining up at parking structure?

So they won't allow lining up until 6am, but the parking structure doesn't open until an hour before park opening? So for those driving in, the earliest to park is 7am plus time to get to park gate = may not make it for opening at 8 for SWGE depending upon lines at the gate.

The structure opens 30 minutes before emh. So by 6:30 at the latest, but I know people do show up 30-45 minutes before that.

I thought the parking structure opened 1.5 hours before DL opens. I have also seen posts of people who have gotten there even earlier and just sit in their cars waiting for the parking attendants to open up.

Last edited:

I have Cast Member Complimentary Tickets - the ones that Cast get 2 a year of. As far as I can tell, these are not blocked out. Anyone know any differently?

It will open at 6:30 since DCA should have a 7am emh and parking always opens 30 min before that.

Parking opens 90 min before MM not early morning hours. EMH is for on site guests only, so why would the parking garages open early on those days?

Operating Hours
Parking locations for the theme parks open one hour prior to the published/scheduled Disneyland Park opening time. On days featuring Magic Morning Early Admission, the Toy Story Parking Area and the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure open 90 minutes before published opening time at Disneyland Park.

I was able to move my one night stay at the Disneyland Hotel from 5/31 to 5/30 which then moved my reservation from 6/1 to 5/31. We got an 11:00-3:00 slot. I was also able to score 8:00pm-12:00am on 6/1.

I was able to move my one night stay at the Disneyland Hotel from 5/31 to 5/30 which then moved my reservation from 6/1 to 5/31. We got an 11:00-3:00 slot. I was also able to score 8:00pm-12:00am on 6/1.
Opening day is going to be so amazing! Glad some reservations opened up for the 30th for you to switch.

I've always been an over-researcher when it comes do Disneyland, from our first family trip in 7 years ago through our 2017 AP's I've diligently researched and strategized to get the most out of our trips.

So now, with an 11:00am reservation for opening day in hand I'm faced with an over-researchers greatest fear; a complete lack of data.

I've got a million questions and no answers and it's driving me crazy:

How and where will we queue? Both inside the gate and out?
How long will it take just to get into the land?
How will the enforce the time window? If I get into a 2 hour queue for Smugglers run 5 minutes before our window closes is that okay? And on and on.

I know I can't be the only one. So what have you heard and what's your best guess as to how they wrangle the crowds?

Just to be clear, this is about Opening Day only, correct? That's why it's a separate thread, so Opening Day info doesn't get swallowed by other discussion in the main thread?

I don't mind the dedicated threat for 5/31. That way it's easy to find out how things are working for my res a few days later. That said, I'm sure there will be redundant info in this and the superthread. I also assume Disney will have a dedicated line for the 8am Rez at the gate and maybe even let them in a little earlier to get to the que to the land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter