SWGE Anaheim Opening Day Reservation Holders!!!

usctrojans

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone, Looking forward to sharing this experience with you all! Thinking it would be fun to share who you’re going with, time slot and goals for your first 4 hours in SWGE.
I’d say may the force be with you, but if you are headed to SWGE on the 31st, it already is!

Here’s our info-
GROUP:
Me, Hubby (Ultimate Star Wars guy and has NO idea we have reservations), Daughter (don’t worry, teenager who has seen all the films)

TIME SLOT:
31st 8am - Noon

GOALS:
Make personal lightsaber at Savi’s, Drink in Cantina & Pilot the Falcon (not necessarily in that order)

Future questions I hope we get answers to:
1. When and where will people line up?
2. Outfit goals? What’s allowed?
3. Commemorative Opening Day items I will be hoping for?

For #2. You cannot costume/cosplay as an adult, but you could "Disney bound," or "Galaxy Bound." There are a few sites that already detail the disallowance. Even if you purchase highly accurate clothing in the park, you cannot put it on and wear it. See you there!

Group:
Me, my wife, my aunt and uncle

Time:
11am to 3pm

Goals:
Cantina, Creature Stall, lightsaber, millennium falcon, merchandise

Question:
Will Disney keep people from lining up the night before or earlier so that we can actually get into the park itself?

If reservations don't open until May 2nd, how do you have reservations already? Are you staying onsite or am I missing something?

Group: My family of four.

Time: 2 to 6 pm

Goals: get in. I’m still in the this is too good to be true mindset and worried that something will go wrong. The park will reach capacity first thing in the morning and we won’t get in. Or SWGE will stay at capacity and we’ll miss our window.....

GROUP: me and my sister (both older adults)

TIME SLOT: 11 am to 3 pm (May 31)

GOALS: Oga's Cantina, Millennium Falcon ride, Milk Stand (both blue & green milk), Docking Bay 7 (lunch), all the merchandise shops, and we just want to see everything!

QUESTONS: I want to know where and when to line up as well

Last edited:

GROUP: me and my sister (both older adults)

TIME SLOT: 11 am to 3 pm

GOALS: Oga's Cantina, Millennium Falcon ride, Milk Stand (both blue & green milk), Docking Bay 7 (lunch), all the merchandise shops, and we just want to see everything!

QUESTONS: I want to know where and when to line up as well

Setting aside pessimism- I really want to ride Millennium Falcon and drink blue milk, too. Mostly I just can’t even wait to SEE it!

Group:
Me, my wife, my aunt and uncle

Time:
11am to 3pm

Goals:
Cantina, Creature Stall, lightsaber, millennium falcon, merchandise

Question:
Will Disney keep people from lining up the night before or earlier so that we can actually get into the park itself?
A cast member told me the overnight line up was cancelled for the 31st, but I haven’t seen that confirmed in press. Hoping we actually get to sleep a little!

Group: My family of four.

Time: 2 to 6 pm

Goals: get in. I’m still in the this is too good to be true mindset and worried that something will go wrong. The park will reach capacity first thing in the morning and we won’t get in. Or SWGE will stay at capacity and we’ll miss our window.....

We promise to leave when our time is up. I have this vision of storm troopers gathering people up if they don’t listen!

GROUP:
Me, my Disney loving 65 year old dad, my super excited 67 year old mom

TIME SLOT:
June 21st 8am - Noon

GOALS:
- eat all the things
- millennium falcon
- buy something cool
- geek out

Future questions I hope we get answers to:
1. Line ups?
2. DAS access? I need to get my dad’s DAS that morning, not sure if they’ll be set up for that in SWGE
3. If I go to eat at 11:30 and I’m not done by 12:00... will I be hauled out by storm troopers?

My DS15 & I, although he doesn’t know we are going yet.

31st 8-11
1. Smuggler’s run (including crying in front of the Millennium Falcon)
2. TAKE IN THE AMAZING AMBIANCE (probably more crying)
3. Build a lightsaber (my son)
4. Build a droid (me)
5. Spend at least a few minutes in the Cantina
6. So so so much shopping (I’ve wanted a monkey lizard since Return of the Jedi & will finally have my chance!!!!)

I’ll be happy if we can get the 1st 3 or 4 done opening day, but we’ll see. We are doing a split stay, so I was pleasantly surprised to get another reservation for 6/1 11-3. That will be cleanup day for the things we missed on the 1st go round & maybe a 2nd ride on Smugglers Run.

For #2. You cannot costume/cosplay as an adult, but you could "Disney bound," or "Galaxy Bound." There are a few sites that already detail the disallowance. Even if you purchase highly accurate clothing in the park, you cannot put it on and wear it. See you there!

Yup. Talked to cast members working the current SWGE preview area and they warned me not to purchase stuff until the rules officially came out. They did say it came down to “anything that might look like the cast members or characters working is a hard no.” But since the cast uniforms are so, for lack of a better word, everyday wear, it will be hard to Disney Bound without looking like them. I went with the SWGE AP T-shirt and will go fun with hair and make up to be on the safe side.

We are not opening weekend, but our reservation is for June 8th 8am - 12pm.

Myself, DH and our 2 Disney buddies/partners-in-crime.

My priorities are Smuggler's Run and eat all the foods!
I really just want to soak up the atmosphere. I'm hoping the reservation system keeps the crowds down so we can enjoy the space, investigate the details, get some blue milk and hang out.
They are definitely going to need storm troopers to kick us out when our time is up!

We are the day after opening (couldn't take work off for opening day) 8pm to midnight.

Hope to fly in the falcon, eat some food, and take a ton of pictures!

Anyone think we will be able to see a park map of GE before we arrive?
I don’t know that we’ll get anything official before that day. Try looking at the 3D model on sketchfab.com site. The “annotated model” has locations marked, so it may help with planning. Just ignore the “join” button on the homepage & do a search for Galaxy’s Edge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter