SWGE Anaheim Opening Day Reservation Holders!!!

We are the day after opening (couldn't take work off for opening day) 8pm to midnight.

Hope to fly in the falcon, eat some food, and take a ton of pictures!

I would have loved to see SWGE at night!!! That’s going to be an entirely different experience from morning.

I would have loved to see SWGE at night!!! That’s going to be an entirely different experience from morning.
I take a lot of pictures at night in the parks (instagram: @somewareatdisney) so it was primarily motivated by that! I'm hoping to get another reservation either Saturday or Sunday morning through the normal system for daytime stuff.

Hi Everyone, Looking forward to sharing this experience with you all! Thinking it would be fun to share who you’re going with, time slot and goals for your first 4 hours in SWGE.
I’d say may the force be with you, but if you are headed to SWGE on the 31st, it already is!

Here’s our info-
GROUP:
Me, Hubby (Ultimate Star Wars guy and has NO idea we have reservations), Daughter (don’t worry, teenager who has seen all the films)

TIME SLOT:
31st 8am - Noon

GOALS:
Make personal lightsaber at Savi’s, Drink in Cantina & Pilot the Falcon (not necessarily in that order)

Future questions I hope we get answers to:
1. When and where will people line up?
2. Outfit goals? What’s allowed?
3. Commemorative Opening Day items I will be hoping for?

We have the same time slot on opening day. See you there!

I take a lot of pictures at night in the parks (instagram: @somewareatdisney) so it was primarily motivated by that! I'm hoping to get another reservation either Saturday or Sunday morning through the normal system for daytime stuff.

Great idea! I hadn’t thought about trying to get a second reservation through the May2nd system. Do you think our access will be blocked if we only have one username?

Do you think our access will be blocked if we only have one username?

Yes I do. A CM told me directly that people with hotel access are barred from seeking public access. I would definitely try for another user account, but here is the problem -- you may need your tickets linked to the account for the May 2 reservations. If so, you would need to get multiple shorter tickets rather than one ticket for your length of stay. But I'm hoping they don't do that, so they're not forcing people to buy tickets before they know if they can even get in.

At first I wondered if I’d be able to get a second time slot for SWGE on May 2nd... but then I actually took a second and thought about it. Honestly, even if there is a way, I’m just going to stick with my one reservation. Sure I’d like to go more than once, but I’m sure there are lots of Disneyland holiday goers that couldn’t get or maybe can’t afford an on-site hotel reservation and for me to go ahead and take another time slot just really doesn’t sit well with me. I’d rather other people have an opportunity to see it too, it’s just fair that way. :-)

Great idea! I hadn’t thought about trying to get a second reservation through the May2nd system. Do you think our access will be blocked if we only have one username?
I have no idea how it will work, but worth a shot

So glad we can save time in line with Mobile Order for food! That will halp us make the most of our 4 hours for sure!

I really hope they do not allow a 2nd reservation in that first 3 weeks. It would be nice to give everyone a chance to experience it.

I expect that they will have a policy against it but no way to stop people from gaming it. I've already seen people on this very board who split hotel stays in order to get multiple SWGE reservations, and that seemed to work. I think there will probably be tricks to get around any "one entry only" policies Disney puts in place -- especially since they confirmed you do not need to buy admission tickets before securing a reservation.

I expect that they will have a policy against it but no way to stop people from gaming it. I've already seen people on this very board who split hotel stays in order to get multiple SWGE reservations, and that seemed to work. I think there will probably be tricks to get around any "one entry only" policies Disney puts in place -- especially since they confirmed you do not need to buy admission tickets before securing a reservation.

It's a bummer that people try to get ahead of the masses anyway they can, kind of ruins the fun out of it IMO. But that's like with everything in life, I guess. Then when Disney starts cracking down, the "gamers" are the first to complain. C'est la vie!

I'm hoping for one reservation! It's going to be like the Southwest check-in x 1000!! lol

As the person “on this very board” who split their hotel stay, I did not do so to get multiple SWGE reservations. I was booked at DLH for my stay & decided to move to GCH. However the 1st night of my trip was not available at GCH unless I wanted to pay for club level, which I didn’t. So, I split my stay. Based on how Disney worded all of their statements regarding on site guest reservations, I did not expect to get one for staying 1 night on May 30th. But, I did, in addition to another for my 2nd stay. And as I said in my original post on this board I was pleasantly “surprised”.

I don’t see how I would be gaming the system either way. Disney is most likely holding back some SWGE reservations for vacant hotel rooms that get booked at the last minute. They pretty much have to because they’ve made the commitment to onsite guests that there will be a spot for them. So, a reservation probably would have been saved for the GCH hotel room that I’m occupying. Possibly even 2 reservations as I’m staying 2 nights. So, if I wasn’t staying there then the reservations would either go unused or get taken by one or more other groups staying in that room those nights. What is the difference if it’s me getting that time slot or someone else? In no way am I blocking anyone else from staying on site & getting a reservation for themselves if they want to.

This is of course completely different from the people that booked multiple rooms for the same guests on the same nights, as they’re reducing the room availability. Which really does impact guests that may have stayed on property otherwise. And, it’s different than people trying to book several spots in the upcoming public reservation system.

And if Disney felt splitting stays was “gaming the system” they would not have issued the multiple reservations.

Question. Just booked tonight at DHL for a stay between June 21st and 25th. Will I get a SWGE reservation even if I’m staying past the 23rd? And does one get the reservation email right away after booking or does it take a while? Gotta do anything to get it? Thanks. Any info appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter