SWGE Anaheim Opening Day Reservation Holders!!!

Thank you! What time did you line up for security and park entry?

We got to the security entrance at just before half 4. No queue there. It was the perfect time for us I think. We weren’t first in but we were no means the last. We’ve had more then enough time to have something to eat, buy merchandise, ride the Falcon and take tons of pictures and videos. Savi’s and the Cantina are now closed for our reservation period so I think people do need to choose what is most important to them as you can’t do it all. You may be able to if you don’t wonder round as much. They probably shouldn’t have overlapped the reservations imho as we have 1 hour 45 mins left but can’t do Savi’s or the Cantina.

We got to the security entrance at just before half 4. No queue there. It was the perfect time for us I think. We weren’t first in but we were no means the last. We’ve had more then enough time to have something to eat, buy merchandise, ride the Falcon and take tons of pictures and videos. Savi’s and the Cantina are now closed for our reservation period so I think people do need to choose what is most important to them as you can’t do it all. You may be able to if you don’t wonder round as much. They probably shouldn’t have overlapped the reservations imho as we have 1 hour 45 mins left but can’t do Savi’s or the Cantina.
Thank you so much!

Anyone not like the falcon ride? i wasn't impressed what i saw on the news last night.

i think the soarin ride is meh, i loved the Pandora ride so much i think i rode it 5 times last time at WDW

Jeff Dunham was there, along with his family. DD dropped his lightsaber because she was so nervous, helping him. That and the 500 cups of coffee she drank this morning.

We're back at the hotel for a break. We had 11:00 reservations and managed to build two droids, ride the Falcon, eat at Docking Bay 7, try both green and blue milk and looked around. We probably should have waited a bit longer before jumping on the ride, the line gets much smaller about 2-2.5 hours into the reservation period.

I'd give Smugglers Run a solid 8.5/10. It's good but doesn't crack my top 5. The theming in the queue and the ride vehicle are amazing, I just wish I had a few more minutes in the cabin prior to heading for the cockpit.

I can not believe how well Disney has handled this. The reservation system was handled perfectly and prevented mobs of people trying to jockey for position from forming. The logistics were simply brilliant.

We have a second reservation for tomorrow night and the Cantina will be our priority.

Loved meeting DISers today in line and through the park! Also shout out to Chaterati Loretta. She is simply darling! Happy Birthday to your DH!

Cantina line kept closing and reopening according to some friends that were mingling in that area. The other aspect is that it's small and the servers were getting used to when to seat and when to serve. So when you let in a ton of people, it puts strain on the servers trying to take orders and then the bartenders to fill them. All in all the consensus seems to be, if you can about cantina go there first. We're going to see what we can do about tomorrow night 8-12midnight.

Dok Andors can be hard to find if you don't know where to look. I thought it was a refresher (washroom) at first!!

For the ride, the back row is great if you just want to watch, but there is clearly privilege to the front row for visibility and interactivity.

Looking forward to hearing more, and chatting with those of us going to the DISmeet in August.

Back home. We had an 8am reservation yesterday. Disney is definitely organized in how they're handling things. Park was pretty empty throughout the day, which shocked most cast members and us. Talked with a few Disney executives who were out in Star Wars land for that initial opening time. Everyone was excited!

While the land is very cool, there really is no need to visit it multiple times within such a short period of time. I guess it'll give people "bragging rights", but that's about it. We got to see and do everything + so much more within that 4 hour period that we left the land a little early (crazy, I know!). The hassle of checking in for a reservation and then having to stay within the land for that 4-hour period without leaving (unless you're not planning on returning) is enough that I'm good with the time we had in the land for our single reservation. More dedicated people may feel differently, though.

The ride is fantastic and the droid building is very cool. We weren't planning on building anything but got sucked into making them lol. Everyone is really going to enjoy their time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter