Survivor 41

After stealing Genie's idol, Shan had no real choice but to vote her out. I think Ricard knew that, too. If she'd stayed, she would have wanted to open the clue and would have found out that that it had already been activated by one of the other two. Her loyalty would be gone after that. Both Ricard and Shan had to have known that. They had no choice but to cover their tracks and get rid of her.

I am glad that Nassir finally found that third idol. I actually do like many of the characters because of their entertainment value.

Shan is really starting to get on my nerves, she's actually not a bad player, she's able to convince people quite well, but she's annoying me I think it may be because she comes off very pushy and authoritative and not the nicest person. I'm also confused on her occupation as a pastor, the person we're seeing on tv may be a façade (assuming it's just for the game) but still something that doesn't make me think the best of her.

I will say when all 3 phrases were said my husband and I burst out laughing, we were waiting for the final phrase to get said. Still confusing all these things going on but the production team gets an A for comedic relief for that twist in my book.

Shan is really starting to get on my nerves, she's actually not a bad player, she's able to convince people quite well, but she's annoying me I think it may be because she comes off very pushy and authoritative and not the nicest person. I'm also confused on her occupation as a pastor, the person we're seeing on tv may be a façade (assuming it's just for the game) but still something that doesn't make me think the best of her.
She is a pastor now, but it sounds like her faith saved her from a very bad life. She'd said something about having been involved with a gang as a teen and finding faith saved her. So maybe now, she's just pulling on her past life to play the game, knowing that's all it is... a game. Whether her congregation sees it that way is another story.

I like her, but I hate that she's aligned with Ricard. I also think her game is a little too direct... the "show me you trust me by giving me your advantage" line. It works, but it's going to bite her later on, if she keeps it up.

I'm waiting to see more of the blue team (luvu? which I always read as love you, lol). I'm hoping this is just early days and we'll see more of the other players and find more competition soon.

She is a pastor now, but it sounds like her faith saved her from a very bad life. She'd said something about having been involved with a gang as a teen and finding faith saved her. So maybe now, she's just pulling on her past life to play the game, knowing that's all it is... a game. Whether her congregation sees it that way is another story.

I like her, but I hate that she's aligned with Ricard. I also think her game is a little too direct... the "show me you trust me by giving me your advantage" line. It works, but it's going to bite her later on, if she keeps it up.

I'm waiting to see more of the blue team (luvu? which I always read as love you, lol). I'm hoping this is just early days and we'll see more of the other players and find more competition soon.
Thanks for that background I may have missed where that was disclosed, still though having a rough life when you're a representative of faith doesn't mean you just pull it back out whenever it suits you, game or otherwise. It speaks to your character in general and considering that Survivor has had many players who have been of faith or have had high morals and still play a certain way guess her stuff makes it more distasteful. I mean yeah it's a game in the end I get that.

You're right that she may be almost too transparent, or well come a merge or a tribe switch up her tactic may not work.

I agree about seeing the other players, waiting for that to happen as well.

I've watched since the first season. And I'll never, ever understand why the heck those goofballs continue to share the "idol find" with everyone! I'd hide it and USE it! Way too many idols being left in a pocket. So crazy. I do wish they'd have an "old school" season and play without advantages, hidden secrets, castaway island... yawn. This may be my last season... and don't get me started on the "wokeness"...

Thanks for that background I may have missed where that was disclosed, still though having a rough life when you're a representative of faith doesn't mean you just pull it back out whenever it suits you, game or otherwise.

It's just a game. It's a big game on TV, but there's no way anyone can go on Survivor w/o lying. I don't really think it's much different than bluffing in a board or card game, etc. It's on a colossal scale, but it's still a game where being deceptive and secretive is literally part of the way to win. Maybe 20-30 season ago when tribes didn't get shuffled or tribes stuck together after merges and can run the table you could get thru w/o lying, but with all the twists and turns and current state of game play, it's impossible.

If she were saying "I'm a pastor you can trust me" to people while lying, that might be a bit much.

It's just a game. It's a big game on TV, but there's no way anyone can go on Survivor w/o lying. I don't really think it's much different than bluffing in a board or card game, etc. It's on a colossal scale, but it's still a game where being deceptive and secretive is literally part of the way to win. Maybe 20-30 season ago when tribes didn't get shuffled or tribes stuck together after merges and can run the table you could get thru w/o lying, but with all the twists and turns and current state of game play, it's impossible.

If she were saying "I'm a pastor you can trust me" to people while lying, that might be a bit much.
I know it's a game..I've said as such (doesn't this go without saying though? I think we all know it's just a game). But there are other players (Rupert for one) that have played a certain way because that's who they are and they don't want to be someone who isn't, there's a line they constantly straddle and they usually grapple with themselves over choices that put them at odds with who they are.

For Shan that girl doesn't mind one bit being how she is, even has her own "up to no good" tune she just loves to tell the camera about, whether we all agree it's a game or not, it's certainly not the type of person who evokes imagery of a pastor. YMMV :)

**I do understand where you're coming from though

Team anyone but Shan
I think they been sharing idol info because they lost there vote.. so to their allies they almost have to.

I know it's a game..I've said as such (doesn't this go without saying though? I think we all know it's just a game). But there are other players (Rupert for one) that have played a certain way because that's who they are and they don't want to be someone who isn't, there's a line they constantly straddle and they usually grapple with themselves over choices that put them at odds with who they are.

For Shan that girl doesn't mind one bit being how she is, even has her own "up to no good" tune she just loves to tell the camera about, whether we all agree it's a game or not, it's certainly not the type of person who evokes imagery of a pastor. YMMV :)

**I do understand where you're coming from though
I don’t like her. She reminds me of too many pastors/religious leaders who have turned out to be less about actual religion and more about “this is a great way to influence people, have an aura of respectability, and make a good living.” I don’t expect pastors to be perfect, because they’re just human like the rest of us. But considering she’s a pastor, she’s way too proud of being able to manipulate others. I think it’s an essential part of her character.

Only thing I don't like about her is how she gets all upset when anyone else tries to do same thing to her as she did to someone else. Example when Ricard told her he was not giving her back the advantage.

I can def agree with this. And it's also kind of what supports Ricard's thoughts at Tribal Council on how their tribe is a little more battle tested than the others. Shan over-reacting to the issue with the extra vote/Ricard might be something she reflects on and realizes she needs to handle differently in the future. The blue team has literally not had 1 scenario where they had to actually scheme and come up with a strategy. Time will tell if this pays off or not for Shan and Ricard.

Anyone have a clue about the "drop your buffs" but not really merging or whatever Jeff was implying in the preview?

I can def agree with this. And it's also kind of what supports Ricard's thoughts at Tribal Council on how their tribe is a little more battle tested than the others. Shan over-reacting to the issue with the extra vote/Ricard might be something she reflects on and realizes she needs to handle differently in the future. The blue team has literally not had 1 scenario where they had to actually scheme and come up with a strategy. Time will tell if this pays off or not for Shan and Ricard.

Anyone have a clue about the "drop your buffs" but not really merging or whatever Jeff was implying in the preview?

I think it is a tribe shuffle, probably from 3 down to 2.

Only thing I don't like about her is how she gets all upset when anyone else tries to do same thing to her as she did to someone else. Example when Ricard told her he was not giving her back the advantage.

I agree. This makes me not want to root for her.

I think it is a tribe shuffle, probably from 3 down to 2.

This is what I was thinking too. Downsizing and shuffling into to two tribes.

I wish they would go back to 2 tribes and show a little more of survivor life. I miss the building of the shelters because you could always tell who the alpha person was. They aren't showing them finding food other than the small clip of the spear fishing. They did not get any rice/beans so what are they eating? Who is getting the food? Those types of things helped me form an opinion of who I liked/didn't like. I am not a fan of Rickard and Shan. They are slimy. I agree with others who can't understand these people who claim to have watched all the survivor series yet tell people about their idols.

Agree - we know very little about the Blue tribe. If there's 2 tribes, unless 1 just dominates, we'd see a bit more of everyone more evenly. I typically hate 3 tribes because when they mix things up, I don't even remember the original tribes/alliances some times. 2 tribes is much easier.

Agree - we know very little about the Blue tribe. If there's 2 tribes, unless 1 just dominates, we'd see a bit more of everyone more evenly. I typically hate 3 tribes because when they mix things up, I don't even remember the original tribes/alliances some times. 2 tribes is much easier.
Except they still have their color coded clothing on. Anyone else notice they all wear the same tones of clothes? I wonder if they tell them to bring clothes of that color or if they outfit them once they get to the island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter