Survivor 41

So, I am not sad to see 'money' shot JD go. He made bad bad moves giving his advantage to Shan.

Shan's evil song is not so evil and is annoying. But I am down to watch her be evil.

I am feeling like we may end up with a girls alliance a la Micronesia Black Widow Brigade. Of course it won't compare but I am guessing that's what this season is going for. Since Shan kept Genie over JD it seems this plan has been telegraphed somehow.
JD getting voted out seemed pretty likely. I agree about the advantage. I mean it's one thing to disclose you have one when you're basically forced to but don't go giving it away. Shan is good at making people feel like she's with them. JD should have seen the writing on the wall when Shan mentioned Brad's one. She just spun it like it was Brad's thing to tell but girl knew it and didn't tell it to JD. The last thing I would have done was trust Shan after that and I feel like JD should have know that from watching past survivors especially because of how Shan made JD feel about not telling her about the advantage.

Agree about Shan's tune.

I'm not sure if it was our station or something else, but near the end of the *reward* challenge it cut out to suddenly they are done and Jeff is talking to the losing and winning teams. Also, there was a really strange female voice narrating awkwardly right after when it was back at the tribes scene for about a minute that seemed input after the fact to cover a missing segment. What was that about? The vote, I'm glad it wasn't the person I thought they would have sent home. Also why try to throw the immunity challenge and why did the NFL player agree to that, what is he thinking. Not that it worked out.

I'm not sure if it was our station or something else, but near the end of the *reward* challenge it cut out to suddenly they are done and Jeff is talking to the losing and winning teams. Also, there was a really strange female voice narrating awkwardly right after when it was back at the tribes scene for about a minute that seemed input after the fact to cover a missing segment. What was that about? The vote, I'm glad it wasn't the person I thought they would have sent home. Also why try to throw the immunity challenge and why did the NFL player agree to that, what is he thinking. Not that it worked out.

Throwing a challenge is never a good idea.

Back to the challenges being all puzzles, I read somewhere years ago that they like to do puzzles or anything that involves concentration towards the end of the season when the people have been out there for a while and they're hungry and tired. It messes with them mentally and puzzle and concentration games are a lot harder. Example would be when Jeff used to read a story regarding the island and they would have to run out to different stations and answer questions. It was hard for them to remember because their brain was wiped out at that point in the game.
I miss the down and out dirty and gritty games. Remember when they had to hold on to a pole and 2 people had to pry them off of it and then drag them to the finish line. Or how about when they would be tied together and have to chase someone from a different team through a roped off course.

Back to the challenges being all puzzles, I read somewhere years ago that they like to do puzzles or anything that involves concentration towards the end of the season when the people have been out there for a while and they're hungry and tired. It messes with them mentally and puzzle and concentration games are a lot harder. Example would be when Jeff used to read a story regarding the island and they would have to run out to different stations and answer questions. It was hard for them to remember because their brain was wiped out at that point in the game.
I miss the down and out dirty and gritty games. Remember when they had to hold on to a pole and 2 people had to pry them off of it and then drag them to the finish line. Or how about when they would be tied together and have to chase someone from a different team through a roped off course.
I read they do puzzles more because they want to help keep around the nerdy non-athletic types longer than the brut strength types...for more strategic mental gameplay longer in the game. That's a theory I read.

Late to the party on this one, but last week's episode (when JD was ousted) was great. Very little mention of advantages, no idols, nobody leaving camp in the middle of the night for some weird shipwheel island decision....felt like old-school "Survivor", which STILL WORKS.

Late to the party on this one, but last week's episode (when JD was ousted) was great. Very little mention of advantages, no idols, nobody leaving camp in the middle of the night for some weird shipwheel island decision....felt like old-school "Survivor", which STILL WORKS.

I'm guessing you mean last week's show felt old-school??

Girls season...I knew it. The one girl (Liana?) is gonna tell the other (Shan) about a girl's to the end alliance. And she will go back and tell what's her name and vote out Ricard. Thank God this time because me no likey Ricard. RBF that guy has.

And writing is on the wall...or it is telegraphed 100% that Shan or Liana will win. Will prob be both in the final for that matter. Boring when we know how it ends. Thanks Peachy. Great show!

I knew that was going to happen poor Genie. Unfortunately when the tribes merge they will probably have the others fooled as well.

I can't believe Ricard didn't vote out Shan with Genie after Shan's obvious play for the advantage Ricard was holding before tribal council! She must have a very persuasive personality that people instinctively trust because she is running the game so far.

And I don't like anyone so far this season. Yuck.

I'm so confused about the whole "beware" clue/idol at the green camp. Shan/Ricard convinced Genie to NOT open it, but that they should 'flush out' the other tribes by using the broccoli phrase. So, for the time being, pretend that Shan hadn't actually opened and taken the idol. What was Genie's understanding of the idol since all 3 tribes said it. Did she think the idol wasn't active because she hadn't opened it prior? Did she go back and get it? I'm so confused. They never showed Genie discussing the status of the idol at all? The didn't show Genie going back to the parchment and even attempting to use what was in the parchment as an idol NOR did they show her saying "I think I have an idol, but I don't want to use it at this stage" thinking she was safe with Shan.

I'm having a hard to finding someone to cheer for this season also. I definitely would have voted out Shan. The way she kept hounding him to give her back the idol! No way would I have given it back to her. That right there should have clued him in to how cut-throat she's playing.

I'm having a hard to finding someone to cheer for this season also. I definitely would have voted out Shan. The way she kept hounding him to give her back the idol! No way would I have given it back to her. That right there should have clued him in to how cut-throat she's playing.

The fact that they all keep telling people about the idols and sharing them boggles my mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter