Summer 09 now on sale!!!

I wonder if it is the same price hike for the rest of Europe? I remember reading Bavaria and Marcus.Ka posting about the significantly higher prices that they were paying outside the uk. The theory was that Disney marketed cheaper prices and deals to different countries depending on the numbers who visited DLRP from that country.:confused3

I just had a look at the German page and it is off course not possible to book a trip after March 2009. As usual UK is the first one. I don't think that it will be possible to book for 2009 before December 2008.

And there was recently a German meeting at DLRP with German fans and an executive from Disney. And there they confirmed once again that DLRP is paying more attention to the big countries. (France, UK and Spain) as they have the highest number of visitors. And German guests will get no 3=2 deals for 2009 again.
So another point were visitors from the UK have an advantage. ;)

I just had a look at the German page and it is off course not possible to book a trip after March 2009. As usual UK is the first one. I don't think that it will be possible to book for 2009 before December 2008.

And there was recently a German meeting at DLRP with German fans and an executive from Disney. And there they confirmed once again that DLRP is paying more attention to the big countries. (France, UK and Spain) as they have the highest number of visitors. And German guests will get no 3=2 deals for 2009 again.
So another point were visitors from the UK have an advantage. ;)

Sorry Marcus.:confused3
I just don't understand why they wouldn't bother to do offers to Germany too, to get the numbers up?

We don't understand this either. But that's the way Disney does it's business.

It is the same as if BMW would do very good business in Italy and not so good business in Spain and then they give more offers to the people in Italy and not to the ones in Spain. :confused:

But the UK has always been the first who could book for the next decade. This is even more frustrating if you want to book for Christmas or New Years Eve and you have to wait one month longer than people from the UK.

We don't understand this either. But that's the way Disney does it's business.

It is the same as if BMW would do very good business in Italy and not so good business in Spain and then they give more offers to the people in Italy and not to the ones in Spain. :confused:

But the UK has always been the first who could book for the next decade. This is even more frustrating if you want to book for Christmas or New Years Eve and you have to wait one month longer than people from the UK.

I know Disney is one of the most recognisable brands in the world, but surely it's not good business sense to limit your offers to those countries where high numbers already go? It must be very frustrating to know that other countries in Europe get such better deals! Was any explanation/hope offered at the recent meeting at DLRP?

No there was no hope offered. They were very open but they said again that Germany will be the only country in Europe which will not get special offers like 3=2 in the near future. :confused3

No there was no hope offered. They were very open but they said again that Germany will be the only country in Europe which will not get special offers like 3=2 in the near future. :confused3

i still find that very unfair. i know they had a meeting but they didnt really offer you anything. i know i couldnt afford to go without special offers so how would they expect people to go without giving out special offers. i mean you think they would try it for one year at least to see if the numbers come up.

It does seem particularly unfair and it must prevent many German families from going to DLRP. Why Germany?:confused3 I wonder what the thinking is behind the marketing policy? Who sat at the board meeting and said, 3 for 2 is a great idea, but lets not offer it to Germany!? I can't understand how this can be justified.

Marcus - I'm really sorry to read all that! How annoying :mad: It does make you wonder who comes up with their marketing strategies at DLRP. I'd love the see the visit figures for next year as I think unless they do more offers, a lot of 'new' visitors may not return esp with the increase in prices and the 'credit crunch' people are feeling.

I can well believe UK can pay less than French visitors but I suppose for a good proportion of them, the journey would cost less - maybe a car journey? :confused3

My BIL lives in Germany and he seems to travel all over Europe quite cheaply (much cheaper than we could from the UK). Is that the case for you to France at all? Just curious really... :)

I don't think that it is cheaper for guests form Germany or France to get to DLRP than for people who live in the UK.

It always depends on where you live. If you line in the South of France or in the East of Germany you also need a lot of travel time to get to the resort.

I live in Nuremberg and we need 7h by car and also 7h by train. But if you live in Munich or Berlin you need much more. (Berlin 10h!).
And I also think that the flight prices are almost equal in all European countries.
And you should also keep in mind that you have the Eurostar which is very very fast.

If we use the car to get to DLRP we pay 50€ toll (for the motorway in France) and 140€ for petrol. This time we use the train and we pay for 2 people 280€. If we would have used an airplane we would have paid more than 300€ as there is no low-cost airline from our city to Paris anymore.

DH is pining for the DLH so I priced it up for 5 nights in the May half term. £2500!!!!! That's £500 a night! I could stay at the Ritz for less! Can that really be right? Dh will just have to pine, Disney is losing my custom.....

I cant believe I'm looking at over £1800 for four of us for 3N4D (Cheyenne) next Halloween ... looks like its easyjet & offsite again :(

I cant believe I'm looking at over £1800 for four of us for 3N4D (Cheyenne) next Halloween ... looks like its easyjet & offsite again :(

When's that for and is it flying?? Seem's really expensive :confused3

DH is pining for the DLH so I priced it up for 5 nights in the May half term. £2500!!!!! That's £500 a night! I could stay at the Ritz for less! Can that really be right? Dh will just have to pine, Disney is losing my custom.....

i really wanted to stay there in the summer, and it was £500 for one night at beginning of summer hols too :(

Why don't you have a peep at the week before half term, we have and its about £1000 cheaper plus the kids get an extra week off school:surfweb: :surfweb:

Pricing isn't available past March 2009 for the U.S. either. I just don't get this. I had to book WDW for this Dec. back in Jan.! We are used to planning FAR in advance. In fact, we've already booked our airfare for this Paris/London trip in May/June 2009! Let's go DLRP!

Gayle

Pricing isn't available past March 2009 for the U.S. either. I just don't get this. I had to book WDW for this Dec. back in Jan.! We are used to planning FAR in advance. In fact, we've already booked our airfare for this Paris/London trip in May/June 2009! Let's go DLRP!

Gayle

I kind of like it personally WDW is so OTT with prebooking everything so far in advance! Wait until you get down to making restuarant reservations....you can usually get what times/places you want only a week before you go :scared1: ......

Why don't you have a peep at the week before half term, we have and its about £1000 cheaper plus the kids get an extra week off school:surfweb: :surfweb:

Thanks DumboDeb but its a SATS year for DS so I don't want to take him out of school.

£500 a night, even taking into account park tickets, is WAAAAY overpriced. The DLH is nice but it isn't the Ritz or any other of the top hotels in the world by any stretch of the imagination and I could get a standard room in any of them for less than that. In October we paid less than £800 for 3 nights so the price difference is huge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter