Summer 09 now on sale!!!

Oh dear I can see that virus is back again...........who me? I wasn't looking :rolleyes1

Hope January 2010 doesn't go up in price (much) or I'm stuffed!!:rotfl: For some reason Jan 09 was about £200 odd cheaper than 08 and that was WITH an upgrade to Cheyenne???????????? oh cannae wait!!:banana:

Departure day will be here in no time Poppyolivia :goodvibes .

I've just gone back to price up exactly the same trip I had last month, for start of Halloween season next year - this year the package would have been £203, next year its £256. This is with comparable discounts (ie early booking discount). So an increase of about 25%.

DD really wants to go around her birthday next year, so even if we leave it til May instead of April, I still think we'll be going offsite - as the prices for May are around £365 (no discounts showing at all for that month).

I wonder if it is the same price hike for the rest of Europe? I remember reading Bavaria and Marcus.Ka posting about the significantly higher prices that they were paying outside the uk. The theory was that Disney marketed cheaper prices and deals to different countries depending on the numbers who visited DLRP from that country.:confused3

I too was shocked at the price increases. Hopefully nearer the time Disney will have to offer some discounts because those prices are way too high.

Patsy, well my quote was both on line and by the phone 5 for 4 nights and I believe 4 for 3 nights and this was later on in May. Still waiting for the shareholders price! Does anyone know there usual discount?:surfweb: :surfweb:

Am I imagining it or do the 'higher' scale hotels seem to have more of a price hike? The lower end of the scale doesn't seem so bad but then I guess 25% increase (for a figure) is much more on £1k plus than say £300.... :confused3

Deb - we looked at early May - we can't go now mid to end May due to DH's work :( Thanks for letting me know though :)

I really hope they pull out some more offers... Why can't they keep the free child places on esp if it draws in more visitors??? Surely, in the grand scheme of things more numbers through the door must be better :confused3

PS - at what age do you 'normally' start paying for children - is it 3?

Thats right Patsy, if there are no child free offers, you usually pay for a child once he or she reaches age 3.

Emma - maybe it's like I said, the higher end hotels have seen a bigger hike but probably because of the percentage rises IYSWIM.

PS - Can't believe you are off soon - you are soooo lucky to be going again :thumbsup2

Emma - maybe it's like I said, the higher end hotels have seen a bigger hike but probably because of the percentage rises IYSWIM.

PS - Can't believe you are off soon - you are soooo lucky to be going again :thumbsup2

I priced up the Cheyenne and for 4 days its £301. Its £25 more than i paid for Sept just gone but I'm paying a single supplement.

Its weird, i thought i had a bargain:lmao:

Hmmm - it's funny isn't it?? :confused3

I'm hoping they bring out some special offers for Mickey's birthday next year - I really thought that would be the 'next big thing' to pull in the crowds but maybe not?? I'm sure there will be stuff going on but maybe not on the scale I thought...

It would be interesting to know just how much of a crowd puller the 15 yr celebrations have been. I'm sure they've increased the numbers considerably (esp new visitors). Maybe they are hoping those visitors will be converted and will want to go back at whatever the price :confused3

We are hooked after our first visit - there isn't a day goes by that my DD1 (3.5 years) doesn't mention DLRP in some form or other and we've been back over a month now... :lovestruc

I'm hoping they bring out some special offers for Mickey's birthday next year - I really thought that would be the 'next big thing' to pull in the crowds but maybe not?? I'm sure there will be stuff going on but maybe not on the scale I thought...

It would be interesting to know just how much of a crowd puller the 15 yr celebrations have been. I'm sure they've increased the numbers considerably (esp new visitors). Maybe they are hoping those visitors will be converted and will want to go back at whatever the price :confused3

We are hooked after our first visit - there isn't a day goes by that my DD1 (3.5 years) doesn't mention DLRP in some form or other and we've been back over a month now... :lovestruc

I know for September there was a book early and save £100. I'm hoping I can book when I come back next weekend.

I'm still deciding on the 21st September or the week before that.

I also think maybe they have upped prices due the financial crisis.

i am the same with my dd and she is only 22 months :rotfl: . she is always on about the plane in the sky and names all the characters and can now say disneyland im so proud of her. and she has little names for all the rides she likes. so i am using her as my excuse to go back. i wish they would put the prices up on the irish website so i can get an idea of the price difference

Looks like I may have to check out the AP discount then for room only next May!

Only to join in of course, im only looking! :laughing:

I know for September there was a book early and save £100. I'm hoping I can book when I come back next weekend.

I'm still deciding on the 21st September or the week before that.

I also think maybe they have upped prices due the financial crisis.

I'm also looking at that same week next year - any idea if it's a quiet time or are there any bank holidays in Europe then?

I'm also looking at that same week next year - any idea if it's a quiet time or are there any bank holidays in Europe then?

When i went the 24th September -26th and all rides was a walk on. Crush was only a 25min wait aswell.

I loved September which is why I want to go back around the same time :)

Hi, I could really do with some guidance. We bought AP's for our first trip to DLRP in August of this year (4 days). We are going back again for xmas this year (4 days again :banana: ), but next year we are going to go for a whole week to get our monies worth! :goodvibes
We were thinking of going for the first week of the main summer season, so as to take advantage of the longer hours and see the fireworks. However, with all these price hikes, I was wondering if someone could advise of a really good time between march and august (don't want to go too soon after our upcoming xmas trip, so as to have something to look forward to :) ).
We want to stay on-site again (love the convenience... and the magic!) and so will be using our AP discount for room only. Can anyone think what might be the best time for low crowds/prices during this time?
Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

Dollyrar

I don't know the answer but you may be best to put this in a new thread as people may be missing it here. I'm sure some people on here will be able to help you but may be missing it....

Hope you get some advice :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter